Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I've got another calcium/PTH level question.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
After googling the word I determined that I am not.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by deflave
After googling the word I determined that I am not.

Look up proctologist, I'm sure you'll qualify . . . . smirk

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Throw it out on the table and let’s hear it. , I’m at least curious.

(That’s what she said)

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I'll attempt to make it short......

After several blood tests and a CT scan (showed all clear and no cancer), all signs of my high calcium blood levels were pointing to a benign tumor and/or malfunctioning parathyroid gland or two, which were causing low kidney functions, low Vitamin D, abnormal BUN numbers, etc. In short, all pointed to hyperparathyroidism.

Then I got somewhat of a curveball today when the hematologist called and said he was expecting high PTH levels (parathyroid hormone levels) to show in the blood tests, but instead they were abnormally low. This would throw a wrench in the original prognosis. Just looking for a little insight, that's all.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JGRaider

After several blood tests and a CT scan (showed all clear and no cancer), all signs of my high calcium blood levels were pointing to a benign tumor and/or malfunctioning parathyroid gland or two, which were causing low kidney functions, low Vitamin D, abnormal BUN numbers, etc. In short, all pointed to hyperparathyroidism.

Then I got somewhat of a curveball today when the hematologist called and said he was expecting high PTH levels (parathyroid hormone levels) to show in the blood tests, but instead they were abnormally low. This would throw a wrench in the original prognosis. Just looking for a little insight, that's all.

Diagnosis:.... You have good insurance.

All the associated __________-ologists will make what they can from the cash cow, while they can.

I sure have seen that happen on my end. smile

Hope everything keeps going in the right direction for you!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
N

JG, see if you can PM Etoh and maybe get his input here.

Hoping the best for you, Amigo.
Keep us posted.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Same issue with our uncle several years ago. He ended up being our aunt.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Hmmmm..... As was mentioned before, I was going to suggest a PM to Etoh.

My only expertise is in having had a benign growth on one parathyroid, and having it popped out. As you obviously know, PTH regulates calcium, and the reaction is very swift. A minute or two after they popped out the bad gland, my calcium was normal again. So they called it good, shot me full of Prednisone, and sewed me up.

Be of good cheer. The people who are taking care of you went to medical school and will no doubt figure it out and fix you up.

Be not weary in well doing.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RemModel8

Same issue with our uncle several years ago. He ended up being our aunt.

I pity the fool needin some pity from duh firah

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"Then I got somewhat of a curveball today when the hematologist called"

Why did a hematologist call you with the results instead of your Endocrinologist?

Last edited by victoro; 07/02/20.
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I don't have an Endocrinologist. If I did I wouldn't need to ask the question here. And for the record there SCgman, I'm definitely NOT looking for pity, sympathy, or anything, just friendly advice.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I don't have an Endocrinologist. If I did I wouldn't need to ask the question here. And for the record there SCgman, I'm definitely NOT looking for pity, sympathy, or anything, just friendly advice.

Zero help, but wishing you the best. Navigating the health care system in this country in the post-obamacare era sucks. Hope you have access to competent physicians.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Stop eating nightshade vegetables especially if you are Keltic, Viking or such white decent.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 07/02/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bad news is when excess calcium is found a common cause is bone cancer destroying bone cells and liberating more calcium than the body can handle. I have seen two extreme cases. Would not wish it on anyone.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Bad news is when excess calcium is found a common cause is bone cancer destroying bone cells and liberating more calcium than the body can handle. I have seen two extreme cases. Would not wish it on anyone.

Good God....you know how to [bleep] up someone's evening.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do you have arthritis?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I know what your going thru.

Endocrinologist cured my hyperthyroidism in 1990. Lost 60 lbs in three months and had a thyroid gland the size of a horse. Radioactive Iodine pill irradiated the thyroid gland to cure it. Have to take a daily thyroid hormone replacement pill for the rest of my life.

Scary times for sure especially as I just had gotten married that year and wife became pregnant with our first child.

Good luck buddy.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

100 members (5sdad, 673, 406_SBC, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 450yukon, 13 invisible), 2,203 guests, and 786 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,173
Posts18,465,381
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.