Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Folks keep asking, "Do you know anyone who has had it? Do you know anyone who has died from it?"

Yes, now, to the former. No to the latter.

1: A workplace of fifty employees. One thirty year old man caught the 'Rona from his infected Mom. He spent three days in ICU, out of ICU now.

2: Another coworker, his daughter is sick. Tested + for the 'Rona.

3: My grandaughter babysits for her Aunt and Uncle. Her uncle was sent home from work sick. Tested + for the 'Rona. So my Son is now off work and quarantined for two weeks (different employer) due to possible exposure via his daughter.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
30 year old in ICU? Any comorbidities? High Blood Pressure? Obesity?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Front page news today.

Baton Rouge Mayor announced today that wearing mask in Baton Rouge is now ‘mandatory ‘.

Further said “sometimes providing leadership requires unpopular decisions to effect “

Black woman mayor, Baton Rouge majority black.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
30 year old in ICU? Any comorbidities? High Blood Pressure? Obesity?

No. The kid fishes, hikes, and plays softball all summer. Healthy as a horse.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
The protesters were actually sent out to spread the rona! Protesting was just a side job. Supported by your local Democratic party!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
No putting this one back in pandora's box. What we need to watch is the number of hospitalizations and the number of daily deaths. The death rate has been pretty consistent for months. Get used to it, it's here to stay for a long while.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
And you know it is "covid19" how? Because "authorities" said so? Because a test came back positive? How much do you guys actually know about viruses? How much do you actually know about testing for viruses? Apparently not much, just like the rest of the population. Good luck having a one-in-a-thousand success rate isolating any particular strain of any particular virus from a fuucking swab. Do you know how many viruses are in your body now? Likely thousands. Jesus, people are stupid.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
When out of the blue, a young healthy guy is thrown into ICU for respiratory distress, and his and his Mother's Covid19 test come back positive...........It just might be the Covid.

How about you enlighten us with your wisdom and experience in the field of virology?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
And you know it is "covid19" how? Because "authorities" said so? Because a test came back positive? How much do you guys actually know about viruses? How much do you actually know about testing for viruses? Apparently not much, just like the rest of the population. Good luck having a one-in-a-thousand success rate isolating any particular strain of any particular virus from a fuucking swab. Do you know how many viruses are in your body now? Likely thousands. Jesus, people are stupid.

And you've practiced detecting viruses for a living and know all that as fact?

Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
When out of the blue, a young healthy guy is thrown into ICU for respiratory distress, and his and his Mother's Covid19 test come back positive...........It just might be the Covid.

How about you enlighten us with your wisdom and experience in the field of virology?

Thanks for attempting to bring some sanity I_S,

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
No putting this one back in pandora's box. What we need to watch is the number of hospitalizations and the number of daily deaths. The death rate has been pretty consistent for months. Get used to it, it's here to stay for a long while.

The daily infection rate in USA has been climbing hard for the last two weeks and holding over 40K/day for a week now. One can assume mostly due to preponderance of testing. I had preadmission testing for Covid last week before a colonoscopy. The swab was run in house at local hospital with results same day. Cheap and fast!

Since this crap started, spikes in death rates have followed spikes in infection by a couple weeks.

Whether or not we see a new corresponding spike in deaths will tell if the spike in infection is indicative of actual acceleration in pandemic spread, or simply accelerated testing.

If the death rate will continue to hold at about 500/day, that is easily absorbed in a nation 0f 350 million, and is a crisis only in the eyes of MSM.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Either something is wrong with him, the hospital is staffed with retards, or he's a gigantic pussy.

Because nobody I know that has had the Bologna virus needed three days in an ICU. LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Yep, something was wrong with him. Viral pneumonia/respiratory distress.

Oh, he's of Mexican heritage. Maybe that has something to do with it. Come to think of it, every local case I am aware of is an American of Mexican descent.

A food processing facility in a neighboring town was shut down for a week for five Covid cases. All five were Hispanic. Maybe we are on to something here?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It's hard to get good info on WHO the new cases are. Here in the Twin Falls area, the hardest hit by far are the Hispanics and those in nursing homes. I haven't heard any reliable info on whether the problem with Hispanics is genetics or cultural, their tendency to pack closely together.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

And you've practiced detecting viruses for a living and know all that as fact?

Thanks for attempting to bring some sanity I_S,

This.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
It's hard to get good info on WHO the new cases are. Here in the Twin Falls area, the hardest hit by far are the Hispanics and those in nursing homes. I haven't heard any reliable info on whether the problem with Hispanics is genetics or cultural, their tendency to pack closely together.

Actually RC, the Racist part of my post was pure sarcasm.

But it is an observable fact that Hispanic families are large and dense. The five individuals I mentioned from a neighboring town were all related, and caught their infection from one infected individual at a large family gathering.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Exactly how contagions are spread quickly.

The odds of me picking it up from an acquaintance or co worker (were I still working) are less than getting it from a family member.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree. The MSM is all about jumping on the meat plants for spreading C19 due to "working conditions", but most are Hispanics living 11 to a 1,200 square foot house, and all of them got good and snockered at the quincenera last weekend.... Add eating habits that aren't necessarily designed to boost immune systems, and the outcome is not nearly as surprising.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
What a bunch of ignoramus chickenshits. Do whatever you want, morons. Don't pretend that it is "rational" or "science" though. I wish there was an actual virus sometimes, because I would LOVE it if a bunch of half-wit morons (including a bunch here on the fire) were to die, and soon. But it is far easier for me to see through the narratives than apparently it is for some of you imbeciles. Keep praying to your Coronagod to protect you.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Actually RC, the Racist part of my post was pure sarcasm.

But it is an observable fact that Hispanic families are large and dense. The five individuals I mentioned from a neighboring town were all related, and caught their infection from one infected individual at a large family gathering.

Its not racist if its true. In this area, it's what's happening.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I know 25+ confirmed. Probably more than that.

Of those positives, only one symptomatic, headache and flu-like symptoms for a few days.

I know 3 who have died, not of corona, but all have been listed as corona deaths.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
693 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 71 invisible), 2,694 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,688
Posts18,399,775
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.