Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Yeah in looking at the pic that is a disappointment. How in the world could that have left Weatherby like that? And on a $3K rifle no less...Got an Accumark and have never had any issues with it over the last several years since I bought it new. But with this, it gets one to think about quality control inspections at Weatherby before the rifles are shipped out.

I think my next big $$ rifle will come from Fierce with a beautiful sweet scope already mounted on it along with a test target for that rifle. Rifle/scope packages. Not mass produced with many different handlers and stages to through where sometimes things can get overlooked.

If someone at Weatherby knowingly put that rifle in its shipping box with a recoil pad like that, then he or she should be fired.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Just now thought of this because of this recoil pad issue with Weatherby............If you all go on you tube and type in "Todd Helms reviews Weatherby Ti" or something to that affect, you will see his video bench shooting a new 6.5/300 Weatherby BC Ti. As you watch the video you should notice the recoil pad. It compresses against the shoulder under recoil but appears not to maintain its criss-cross shape during his bench session. Weatherby may have some issues with this recoil pad.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am sorry to hear of posters' recent troubles. I recently was given a new Weatherby Mark V Accumark in .257 Weatherby Magnum. It has the new "WY" serial number and Sheridan, WY markings on the receiver. It is well put together and the trigger is very nice. Unfortunately, I am still undergoing the extensive, recommended break-in procedure, and only today sent a first group of 3 rounds (rounds 11-13) downrange at 200 yards using a borrowed, boresighted lower-end scope. So, I cannot tell you about potential accuracy, because the group was right at 2-3/4 inches. I am fairly confident it will shoot after I get things sorted out.

Here is a gratuitous gun picture. BTW, the recoil pad on this one is a Decelerator. (It came with a muzzle break in the box. However, recoil is mild, so I opted not to install it.)

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
Just now thought of this because of this recoil pad issue with Weatherby............If you all go on you tube and type in "Todd Helms reviews Weatherby Ti" or something to that affect, you will see his video bench shooting a new 6.5/300 Weatherby BC Ti. As you watch the video you should notice the recoil pad. It compresses against the shoulder under recoil but appears not to maintain its criss-cross shape during his bench session. Weatherby may have some issues with this recoil pad.

Damn squeeze....you’re absolutely right. I went and watched the video, and you can clearly see the recoil pad is jacked up in the exact same fashion as my buddy’s rifle.

Here is the link for anyone else that cares to see it. Seems like Weatherby does indeed have an issue there.

JACKED UP RECOIL PAD

Dave

P.s. Nice looking rifle Cheyenne.

Last edited by iddave; 07/02/20.

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Two examples with the exact same fault. No doubt Weatherby has a bad design on their hands, and is now compounding the problem by denying it.

Really short-sighted by Weatherby with the internet allowing everyone to see the problem but the company still denying it.

A replacement recoil pad cost about $20. A single lost sale due to bad publicity cost about $3000? That sounds like a smart trade-off to me - not!

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by iddave
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze

Damn squeeze....you’re absolutely right. I went and watched the video, and you can clearly see the recoil pad is jacked up in the exact same fashion as my buddy’s rifle.

Here is the link for anyone else that cares to see it. Seems like Weatherby does indeed have an issue there.

JACKED UP RECOIL PAD

Dave

P.s. Nice looking rifle Cheyenne.
...........................Yep! Very noticeable in that Todd Helms video. Now if ya go to the Weatherby site and look at the Back Country Ti video presentation with Adam Weatherby and another guy, he will say that this recoil pad is a new design in order to better absorb the recoil from the biggy mags with such a light rifle. The only problem is, it does not maintain its shape and as such is too soft in the center section.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I recently got a new carbonmark in .257bee, its a WY gun. No issues on my end at all.

The Carbonmarks dont have that recoil pad, so no comment.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For the few extra ounces putting a Decelerator would add, they should probably contact AG Comp and stop them from putting on any more of those recoil pads until they either sort them out or decide to do away with them. Was thinking of picking up one of the non Ti models in 257 Roy, but I dislike the colors they picked for the cerakote, and now may have a pad issue. I think I’ll wait and see how they shake out.

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wondering what happened with this

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I handled a few Wyoming guns Saturday. I guess WBY is really pushing them and this guy had a nice selection of rifles. Without shooting them and just by looks alone they looked ok. The Cheapest Mark V was 1699.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Is the brake removable? If so, it would save people from having a smith cut it off with a lathe.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1234, 74 invisible), 2,509 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,845
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.