-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My first wife's father couldn't write other than his name. Ran a wrecker service for decades, his wife did all the paperwork, accounting etc. He made sure his girl got a college degree. I still go see the mother in law, she's in her mid 80's and lives alone.

GB1

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
About filling out a GD check ?
or

reading the sign on my door ??

Going through my semi annual rant about the available hillfugingbilly work force available here.

Only one in ten years can fill out a check and maybe 3 can read.

Looking for yard help.

Simple: Make long grass into SHORT GRASS.

Gotta lead 'em aroung like children and hope for the best

Been doing this for ten years

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

You should marry. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a friend that used to build houses,he decide to stop building because the regs were getting to be a real PITA. he has a lawn mowing business now and says he makes more money than he did building.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I deal with minimum wage type folks all day at my job. 95% lack the ability or initiative to do anything without being told. I mean I have guys that have been receiving the truck orders for years and you STILL have to tell them to do $hit or they will stand there and strike up another smoke. It maddening. Like returning empty racks. They will stand there and smoke and I'll have to tell them to go get my empty racks and they will be like "Oh yeah I forgot". Like a$$hole you've done this 500 times you know what to do. Or sometimes the carts will weigh upwards of 1300 lbs and can be a bit of a trick to get into the store. They will stand there and stare at you while u nearly blow a nut getting them into the stores. With this Covid [bleep] we're not even supposed to be going in the stores when we deliver. If I get a heavy one I'll tell them either help me or I leave it right here for you to put in there yourself. I just cant imagine watching someone struggle at work without trying to help them. its not in my DNA.

Last edited by k20350; 07/03/20.
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The last time I saw someone write a check they were in front of me at the grocery store this past Saturday, took 15 fk'n minutes then the cashier handed the check back.

Dave

IC B2

284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by k20350
I deal with minimum wage type folks all day at my job. 95% lack the ability or initiative to do anything without being told. .

Fair number of retired folks here and they're not interested in or can't do part time work. That leaves those that are working and not interested in extra $$ and the good ol' boys that cash their check once a month and live in campers or just plain chitholes. Quite a few with no visible means of support as well with zero desire to do anything but drink beer.

Had a guy call this AM to let me know he couldn't make it. Spent most of his life in prison and his health is very poor. Surprised to here from him. I'll slip him an extra 20 when he shows if he doesn't die first

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
the days of people not being able to read and write are over well maybe
ran into a number that could not back in the 60s in boot one even showed up in bib overhauls no shirt or shoes kinda dull eyed and dragged his knuckles on the ground out of 80 in my platoon only 4 of us had a degree the rest more or less could read and write over half the recruiter signed their name for them or the person at the draft office
Felt kinda sorry for them

Retarded,Rich,Famous
Hunting,Target Shooting,Women
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Who the [bleep] doesn't mow their own yard?

Raises hand! With 4-5 months out of the year HOTTER than HELL (not including the heat index), I'm more than happy to pay someone to do the mowing and weed whackin'.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've done it both ways: Mowed my own and then hired it done. The third way wound up being best: Buy my wife a mower she likes and keep the gas cans full.

Now with even more aplomb
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I had a stump ground last week. The contractor had a neighborhood boy help him. The boy sat in the shade while the contractor used the machine. When he backed if off the lad was up and raking. He knows how to work and when to help. The boys father is a relator and the mother works in healthcare. Like many places, when you buy cheap land you get what goes with it.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
IC B3

284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
I had a stump ground last week. The contractor had a neighborhood boy help him. The boy sat in the shade while the contractor used the machine. When he backed if off the lad was up and raking. He knows how to work and when to help. The boys father is a relator and the mother works in healthcare. Like many places, when you buy cheap land you get what goes with it.

WOW. Good for you !!!

10 years here reinforces the fact that folks in my county are just plain lazy.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by srwshooter
I have a friend that used to build houses,he decide to stop building because the regs were getting to be a real PITA. he has a lawn mowing business now and says he makes more money than he did building.

Yeah, I've got a buddy who runs two crews. He turns away jobs all the time and they work dawn to dusk. Pulls down great money. A lot of cash too.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I was talking to the 2 man team that does a neighbors yard. He says they will work rain or shine as long as it doesn't hurt their equipment. I usually hear a door slam and a trimmer running within 10 seconds. I see them spraying round up and working weeds where they couldn't spray. They are fast and her yard looks pretty good all the time.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Who the [bleep] doesn't mow their own yard? Listen to music, drink beer, sitting on your ass..... Jesus Christ, what's next? Pay someone to watch your T.V.?

For sure !

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
About filling out a GD check ?
or

reading the sign on my door ??

Going through my semi annual rant about the available hillfugingbilly work force available here.

Only one in ten years can fill out a check and maybe 3 can read.

Looking for yard help.

Simple: Make long grass into SHORT GRASS.

Gotta lead 'em aroung like children and hope for the best

Been doing this for ten years

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Give Rene50's Wife a call. lol

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
Give Rene50's Wife a call. lol

Outstanding idea !!!!!!

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by johnt189
the days of people not being able to read and write are over well maybe
ran into a number that could not back in the 60s in boot one even showed up in bib overhauls no shirt or shoes kinda dull eyed and dragged his knuckles on the ground out of 80 in my platoon only 4 of us had a degree the rest more or less could read and write over half the recruiter signed their name for them or the person at the draft office
Felt kinda sorry for them

Ok dude, I get the joke!!! Not a single capital letter, comma or period!! Funny aren't you ?

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Phone rang @ 0815 this AM with a hillbilly screaming at me that he was at my house ready to work @ 0730 but no answer.

Where the fck was I ????

ASLEEP !!!

He had called Friday AM to tell me he would be over at 0800 Sat to work so he's 30 minutes early this AM and his GF called a week ago saying he would be over last Sat. AM.

No show

During the wonderful conversation he told me that he had knocked on the door.

I'm a very sound sleeper and keep odd hrs. and had a big note ( 8 1/2 X 11 ) on my door for years that read

KNOCK HARD !!!!!

but took it down because THEY CAN'T READ in the year 2020 !!!!!!!!!!!!.

Been doing this for 10 years and never ceases to amaze and frustrate me and in this case for 2 weeks even though I had stated then I wouldn't be ready for him till after the 1st

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV

Thank you Dave. Where you are in WV will get you different folks. Of course it is easy to bash all based on some.

Don't like it here, move, pretty simple.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Now there is some great advice.

Originally Posted by Valsdad

I suggest a move to CA.

We have millions of folks capable of mowing lawns,

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

626 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 73 invisible), 2,665 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,907
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.