Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Thanks for standing up for civilization.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

BP-B2

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
You gotta be really stupid to badmouth a landowner who lets you hunt on their land.

Cash is smart for getting rid of them. They're so stupid they'll probably shoot themselves and sue Cash.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Local guy that I've been letting hunt my land for years... started chatting me up the other day about how I am privileged... and I need to let more folk like him hunt the land... "Afterall they have needs too."

I asked him where this was all coming from... I had never heard it before. He told me the recent events got him all stirred up about how people like me had such an advantage over people like him.

I told him I was going to let the land rest for a few years and nobody would be hunting it except myself maybe.

He was furious.

Hahhaha. That dude is a tool and doesn’t deserve to set foot on your land. F him

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Local guy that I've been letting hunt my land for years... started chatting me up the other day about how I am privileged... and I need to let more folk like him hunt the land... "Afterall they have needs too."

I asked him where this was all coming from... I had never heard it before. He told me the recent events got him all stirred up about how people like me had such an advantage over people like him.

I told him I was going to let the land rest for a few years and nobody would be hunting it except myself maybe.

He was furious.

WLM?

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
There is a ranch down here I occasionally go to with a spring creek that charges a day fee to fish. I was chatting with the ranch owner one day while looking over the property and was overwhelmed with the beauty of the place. I said “You’re lucky to have such a beautiful place to call your own.” And he remarked, “Yeah, it seems the harder I work, the luckier I get.” I think he inherited the place so some would argue that point, but I still get the gist of it and agree for the most part.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by CGPAUL
BTB, did you work for it? or were you given it?

Most want it given.

That`s a BIG FY buddy..

Doesn't make a fuggin difference whether work for or given! If he has the title....IT'S HIS!

GET USED TO IT!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Cashisking , you need to serve that guy with a legal trespass notice. That way there’s no argument if you catch him on the property and call the law. A legal service means he’ll be arrested for sure and not just given a meaningless ticket which will likely be dismissed with court cost.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I pay to lease. I don’t leave trash and pick up what I see laying around. I leased a place in Coleman county from an old rancher for 25 yrs . I became good friends with him, was one of the pallbearers at his funeral. I sure miss that place.

Last edited by hanco; 07/03/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
There is a ranch down here I occasionally go to with a spring creek that charges a day fee to fish. I was chatting with the ranch owner one day while looking over the property and was overwhelmed with the beauty of the place. I said “You’re lucky to have such a beautiful place to call your own.” And he remarked, “Yeah, it seems the harder I work, the luckier I get.” I think he inherited the place so some would argue that point, but I still get the gist of it and agree for the most part.

Half our country will never understand that.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I bought a farm for my family and my friends to hunt. Upon writing the contract, the previous widow told me she wanted her grandkids to have lifetime rights to hunt there. I couldn't go along with that program with me paying for the land, taxes, insurance and potential liability.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
And yet I see so many Yankees pissed that Texas landowners won't let them kill hogs on their property for free.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by devnull
I bought a farm for my family and my friends to hunt. Upon writing the contract, the previous widow told me she wanted her grandkids to have lifetime rights to hunt there. I couldn't go along with that program with me paying for the land, taxes, insurance and potential liability.

That’s like selling someone a truck but expecting them to still let you use it any time you want... crazy

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by devnull

Lots of people overplay their hand... and frequently.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by RemModel8
And yet I see so many Yankees pissed that Texas landowners won't let them kill hogs on their property for free.

I think a lot of that has more to do with the myriad reports and lamenting about how feral pigs are running amok destroying property, etc. than about “Yankees”... jus sayin’.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
What a bitch. People who believe the propaganda lies aren't just innocuous dupes. They can become quite dangerous. That's the difference between the average conservative and the average liberal in the US right now.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Originally Posted by CGPAUL
BTB, did you work for it? or were you given it?

Most want it given.

That`s a BIG FY buddy..

Doesn't make a fuggin difference whether work for or given! If he has the title....IT'S HIS!

GET USED TO IT!!

Exactly. No matter how hard I work, I ain't gonna pass for example, Donald Trump Jr.'s net worth in this lifetime that he wound up with by being born. I know he works hard yada yada but even if he did not........

It still does not matter. He doesn't owe me or anyone else squat and I am "entitled" to exactly $0.00 of his assets. That is just how it works!

Getting someone to let you hunt on their land IS the privilege. It does not much happen anymore in my area because if an owner is not interested in it, he can lease it and make money. If you get to hunt somewhere private for free the owner is passing up essentially free money to let you do it. Wonder how much free money Cash's "friend" passes up.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Sounds to me like the guy was trying to guilt-trip OP into letting some of his buddies or family hunt too. GFY was the appropriate answer.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Beaver10
He’s probably gonna try to hunt your place....Because he’s privileged!😎

Or loot it, then burn it.

Cash, I have to agree with these guys. This is the new play book.

1. Demand stuff for free.

2. if they don't get it, burn stuff down.

3. If you get caught, plead victim status.

I hope any potential future dispute will be governed by a red county.

You did the right thing. Hopefully your lesson is sufficient to change the path of his new Marxist ways, but be prepared in the event it's not.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I hunted a family place for 25 yrs. with the understanding that I was the only one outside the family permitted to do so. Had several others ask to go along, some couldn't understand that I could not bring others without losing my hunting privledge.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
He learned a lesson....Nah, somebody with flawed thinking like that will never learn anything.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
170 members (10Glocks, 257 mag, 300_savage, 2UP, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 14 invisible), 1,473 guests, and 827 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,908
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.