24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Better be on the lookout for barbed wired stretched between trees at head height on a wheeler. And roofing nails.

BP-B2

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How did a wimp like that hunt on your place in the first place?

I cannot imagine telling a land owner that. If I was invited, you respect the rules and keep opinions to yourself. It’s a gift and you should be grateful. What a ungrateful POS.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I think this is going to be the new normal.

Every body is “entitled” to what someone else has just by virtue or not having it. I don’t GAF if you were born into it or bought it yourself. That doesn’t entitle me to it either way.

This is what happens when you grow up your whole life hearing how special you are from mommy and daddy...

Last edited by Dryfly24; 07/03/20.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by RAS

I cannot imagine telling a land owner that. If I was invited, you respect the rules and keep opinions to yourself. It’s a gift and you should be grateful. What a ungrateful POS.

I was wondering the exact same thing.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
That which is free is abused.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Originally Posted by RemModel8
And yet I see so many Yankees pissed that Texas landowners won't let them kill hogs on their property for free.

I think a lot of that has more to do with the myriad reports and lamenting about how feral pigs are running amok destroying property, etc. than about “Yankees”... jus sayin’.

In short, you can't say a word about hogs destroying your property unless you are wiling to let freeloaders hunt there? Got it, thanks.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Barney_Fife
Better be on the lookout for barbed wired stretched between trees at head height on a wheeler. And roofing nails.

Or piano wire.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I keep stressing communication with the landowners to my kids and son in law. I Never go on a property without contacting the owner. Regardless of how many years I have been going there. Keep in mind, they are doing you a huge favor by giving
you access.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RAS

It does seem Daddy didn't teach him much.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
And yet I see so many Yankees pissed that Texas landowners won't let them kill hogs on their property for free.

I think a lot of that has more to do with the myriad reports and lamenting about how feral pigs are running amok destroying property, etc. than about “Yankees”... jus sayin’.

In short, you can't say a word about hogs destroying your property unless you are wiling to let freeloaders hunt there? Got it, thanks.

No that’s not what I said. Stop attributing things to me that I did not state. I said that I think a possible reason is that the perception is out there that landowners want help because they are being overrun by an invasive species.

BTW, lest you think differently, IDGF bout it either way. Nor do I expect anyone to allow me free access onto their property for any reason despite technically being a “Yankee”...

Last edited by Dryfly24; 07/03/20.
IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Got a couple places I hunt , one is a club lease and even though we pay to hunt there , once a year we get together and bring chain saws , weed eaters , skid steer with bucket , and go over the place , picking up trash along the road front , mending roads across the property , cleaning up downed limbs and weed eating .
So far everyone has remained happy .
Another place I hunt , my daughter in laws grandma owns 140 acres and it is great . Half hardwoods and half corn and grazing land .
Stopped in to see her a few months ago as I had noticed the gate was open and cattle were gone .
She had gotten tired of the farmer who leased her land and not keeping up the fence , the pastures were growing up in briars , had noticed the run down in the last four years myself .
Anyway she was distraught that the place looked like it did , so I told her I could get someone to bush hog it if she would like . She said yes and let her know how much he charged . So I contacted a fellow and had him come over and showed him what she wanted done . 450.00 for the fields , not sure how many acres , 40 maybe .
When he called and said he had it done I went by and told her . She wanted to know how much she owed me , I said well let’s ride back here and see if you’re happy with it . Got her in the truck and back the lane we went , man you should have seen the smile that lady had , almost cried , thanked me over and over . Then she said , well how much ? I smiled and said Francis I have hunted here for four years and you wouldn’t let me do a thing for you , so if you don’t mind I would like this to be on me and Jeremy , we want you to know we really appreciate a beautiful place like this to hunt .
The look on that woman’s face was just about overwhelming , made me feel down right warm and fuzzy it did .
Kenneth

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Haven't read all the other responses but I would suggest that you be prepared for him and his friends to be poaching your land

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Never allow others to hunt on your land unless you want them for an enemy. I let a neighbor hunt for a few years and then evicted him over his failure to follow simple rules. It ended on April 11, 2018 with him and his mother being killed in a shootout with the sheriff. I don't know how to post a news article but it can be found by searching Winn Parish Shootout April 11, 2018.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Hastings

Read some articles, but none of them elude to what happened leading up to the shootout regarding the civil arrest warrant

Why don’t you fill us in

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kevinJ
Hastings Read some articles, but none of them elude to what happened leading up to the shootout regarding the civil arrest warrantWhy don’t you fill us in
How much time do you have? Basically, 33 years ago I bought 117 acres joining these folks 3 acres on a dead end country road. Slow witted son lived with mom and dad. Living on SS disability. The mother requested I let dimwit hunt so I did with a few restrictions. Such as, Don't shoot doe deer, don't shoot onto neighbor's property, Don't use our property to cross over onto neighbors' property, don't come on the property when we are hunting. He violated every rule I gave him and got evicted when he threatened to shoot an adjoining land owner after being caught trespassing from our property. After I evicted him beginning in 1993 until the day the sheriff shot him he fired high powered rifle shots across our property anytime we were there. He fired at least 15 or 20 rounds in our direction every time we were there. The sound of a .30-06 bullet coming by is pretty damn unnerving even if it is fired from a half mile away.To make a long story short I obtained a restraining order on these folks which forbid them to fire firearms on their property or within 400 yards of my property. After the 3rd violation of the restraining order the judge ordered the sheriff to bring him to jail.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
He really sure enough "overplayed his hand"

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
That’s how liberals think, they are all entitled. Just like yourself. Go away for good.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I think you did the right thing. You probably handled it better than I would have. But I agree with the others, be prepared for retaliation. I would put up whatever number of signs that it takes in your state to legally post land. And I would put out several cameras.

lightman
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I always give the landowner half or the back straps, Cash. Whatever they prefer. Uh, and a frozen bag of crappie filets. smile whistle

frozen bag of crappie, yum.

nah, but the whining about ferals does get tiresome. especially after i saw so many examples of poorly maintained fencing. so now i dont pay them any attention.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
as for the op, i believe it happened. once worked with a black guy who said white folks were m-fers. then asked to borrow $25. good worker but kinda ruined his chances with me.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
635 members (007FJ, 257Bob, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,788 guests, and 1,420 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,655
Posts18,399,237
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.