Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Huntr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Thinking about selling this Colt LW ommander. Could y'all help with a reasonable selling price?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Thanks!

BP-B2

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
$30?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dla
$30?

I'll bump it to $40

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Huntr
Thinking about selling this Colt LW ommander. Could y'all help with a reasonable selling price?

Thanks!

You will regret selling it. That is a good bet. Sell something else. You married?

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
H
Huntr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Gibby
Originally Posted by Huntr

Thanks!

You will regret selling it. That is a good bet. Sell something else. You married?

I have plenty of other guns, it is the gun I carry the least. I dont have to sell, just asking an honest appraisal. Oh, and happily married.

IC B2

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I don't know what the current market is but a few months ago I'd think it was in a $750-$850 range.

Retired cat herder.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
In recent years, I've found that anything 1911 on the used market is a hard sell. The fact that it has the pony on it will help, though.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I think Hawkeye is pretty accurate, with what he's saying. At least that's been my experience. The good news is, the availability of handguns are very low now, and if you want to sell, it's a good time. I'd have to say in the neighborhood of $750. Who knows start a little higher, you can always come down.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
They say the best two days in a boat owners life are the day you buy the boat and the day you sell it.

And the two best days in a colt owners life are the day you sell it and the day after. smile

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Colt, best day is the day I bought them, and EVERYDAY thereafter, I have NO Colt's for sale, and will never!

Trump Won!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
North Florida, you could easily ask $850, and probably get that fairly quick.

Sam......

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
North Florida, you could easily ask $850, and probably get that fairly quick.

Hard to believe.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gunner500
Colt, best day is the day I bought them, and EVERYDAY thereafter, I have NO Colt's for sale, and will never!

This. Colt has always been top of the line.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by cwh2
They say the best two days in a boat owners life are the day you buy the boat and the day you sell it.

And the two best days in a colt owners life are the day you sell it and the day after. smile

That hasn't been my experience at all.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Love my Colts.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Colt hasn’t been fulfilling orders on just about anything. Finding new Colts is more difficult than you’d think. I’ve been in the market, and have noticed all the buy-now auctions have dried up and everything is selling above MSRP. I ordered a Combat Commander a year ago and still nothing. If I knew it would be like this, I wouldn’t have paid in full up front. Apparently they won’t fulfill orders of less than a set amount of guns and until my dealer reaches that magic number, no guns from Colt.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Colt hasn’t been fulfilling orders on just about anything. Finding new Colts is more difficult than you’d think. I’ve been in the market, and have noticed all the buy-now auctions have dried up and everything is selling above MSRP. I ordered a Combat Commander a year ago and still nothing. If I knew it would be like this, I wouldn’t have paid in full up front. Apparently they won’t fulfill orders of less than a set amount of guns and until my dealer reaches that magic number, no guns from Colt.

Didn't realize that. In that case, perhaps you could do quite well with it.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

Most dealers order from distributors... In fact, I've never heard of Colt selling dealer direct. The only big old time companies that I'm aware of that do are Kimber, Benelli and their subsidiaries.

Last edited by UPhiker; 07/06/20.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by cwh2

That was a poor attempt at a joke. Sometimes taste is a funny thing.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Most dealers order from distributors... In fact, I've never heard of Colt selling dealer direct. The only big old time companies that I'm aware of that do are Kimber, Benelli and their subsidiaries.

I don’t know what the story is on that, but every store in the area that carries them gave me the same story. They said to get a dealer account, they had to have orders of multiple guns and couldn’t order individual guns.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
82 members (338reddog, 308ld, 35, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 8 invisible), 1,563 guests, and 776 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,761
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.