Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by WAM
Vindman should be processed by the promotion board just like everyone else. He looked like a fat boy in photos so he may not be eligible..... who cares

Vindman completed the Infantry Officer Basic Course (IOBC) at Fort Benning in 1999 and was sent the next year to South Korea, where he commanded both infantry and anti-armor platoons.[4] In addition to overseas deployments to South Korea and Germany, Vindman is a combat veteran of the Iraq War, and he served in Iraq from September 2004 to September 2005.[3] In October 2004,[3] he sustained an injury from a roadside bomb in Iraq, for which he received a Purple Heart.[4] He was promoted to the rank of major in 2008,[10] and to lieutenant colonel in September 2015.[11]

During his Army career, Vindman earned the Ranger Tab, Combat Infantryman Badge, Expert Infantryman Badge, and Parachutist Badge, as well as four Army Commendation Medals and two Defense Meritorious Service Medals.[3]

You know what all of that means when it comes to promotion? BUPKUS. I'd like to see his suitability for command marks on his fitness reports and his rankings when compared to his peers. AND the fact he completely bypassed his chain of command in an obvious partisan move (not to mention the fact ir was completely and PROVEN FALSE), He should absolutely fail on selection (FOS) and be sent home or serve out his tenure (28 years for 0-5s)

This^

Most whom have never served see these long lists of medals and citations on DD-214 and think it’s impressive as hell, when in reality the majority of them are just awarded to anyone with enough time in just for doing your job.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by WAM
Vindman should be processed by the promotion board just like everyone else. He looked like a fat boy in photos so he may not be eligible..... who cares

Vindman completed the Infantry Officer Basic Course (IOBC) at Fort Benning in 1999 and was sent the next year to South Korea, where he commanded both infantry and anti-armor platoons.[4] In addition to overseas deployments to South Korea and Germany, Vindman is a combat veteran of the Iraq War, and he served in Iraq from September 2004 to September 2005.[3] In October 2004,[3] he sustained an injury from a roadside bomb in Iraq, for which he received a Purple Heart.[4] He was promoted to the rank of major in 2008,[10] and to lieutenant colonel in September 2015.[11]

During his Army career, Vindman earned the Ranger Tab, Combat Infantryman Badge, Expert Infantryman Badge, and Parachutist Badge, as well as four Army Commendation Medals and two Defense Meritorious Service Medals.[3]

You know what all of that means when it comes to promotion? BUPKUS. I'd like to see his suitability for command marks on his fitness reports and his rankings when compared to his peers. AND the fact he completely bypassed his chain of command in an obvious partisan move (not to mention the fact ir was completely and PROVEN FALSE), He should absolutely fail on selection (FOS) and be sent home or serve out his tenure (28 years for 0-5s)

This^

Most whom have never served see these long lists of medals and citations on DD-214 and think it’s impressive as hell, when in reality the majority of them are just awarded to anyone with enough time in just for doing your job.

When I first came in the Navy in 79, the Training Command was FULL of aviators with Distiguisned Flying Crosses, Iar Medals "V", even a few Silver Stars. ALL were 0-4s who FOS to 0-5. What counts on promotion is how one rates against their peers and in the Navy at least a mix of operational tours and at least one or two staff tours on a major staff.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WAM

He looks like a rear echelon pussy.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I'm sorry, I think the lying to Congress and the reports of his insubordination by his previous commander should get him a one way ticket out. Best deal would be to courtmartial the SOB and not let him retire.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
I can't believe that fa ggot earned the Ranger tab.
More like "got" the Ranger tab.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deltakid
I'm sorry, I think the lying to Congress and the reports of his insubordination by his previous commander should get him a one way ticket out. Best deal would be to courtmartial the SOB and not let him retire.
Absolutely. Treason is a hanging offense or firing squad.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
OR....things are going exactly as they were planned to be, and Trump is just playing his part as "adversary". Hard to call it otherwise, unless you want to claim that Trump is just out of his league in DC. He can't seem to do anything to MAGA. Poor guy. He's trying so hard. Too bad there were no conservatives running for POTUS in 2016.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Hard to get promoted to 0-6 without battalion staff and command time. Interesting that he didn't get a Bronze Star for his combat tour (most of his contemporaries have several combat tours). Plus he appears to be a little overweight. Looks like a problem child.
Bob

Last edited by RGK; 07/03/20.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RGK
Hard to get promoted to 0-6 without battalion staff and command time. Interesting that he didn't get a Bronze Star for his combat tour (most of his contemporaries have several combat tours). Plus he looks a little overweight. Looks like a problem child.
Bob

THIS...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
OR....things are going exactly as they were planned to be, and Trump is just playing his part as "adversary". Hard to call it otherwise, unless you want to claim that Trump is just out of his league in DC. He can't seem to do anything to MAGA. Poor guy. He's trying so hard. Too bad there were no conservatives running for POTUS in 2016.
You think the Globalists opposing Trump wanted NAFTA gone? That is huge. I'm not saying and I don't think it does but...that alone could be the reason for the Chinese unleashing the biological attack on us. Electing Trump just to get rid of NAFTA would have been worth it.

You're not hearing about the portions of the wall that Trump has moved heaven and earth to complete. I'm not holding my breath, but it is looking more and more like SOME arrests may be forthcoming.

I'm disappointed in some things, but Trump has done A LOT with a lot more opposition than even many of us doom and gloomers realized. He has shown just how infiltrated and compromised the whole country is right down to local politicos.

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by WAM

Your heros suck cork. Iirc, in 8 years, zero replaced 285 officers.

You do have a thing for deep state joobys, whether in the military, MSM, Congress or business.

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/197-military-officers-purged-by-obama/

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/03/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WAM

Seven years as a major? Isn't that a excessively long time for one rank? Why wasn't he purged for under performance/not being promoted on pace?

No one is guaranteed promotion to colonel. He should be happy to retire as a Lt.Colonel.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Almost half of my tour of duty was spent during the Jimmy Carter years. At that time you had to have a less than successful battalion command as an O-5 not to at least be considered for promotion to 0-6 and if you were a USMA grad you'd probably get a second shot at a battalion command. The O-6 who I knew at Fort Riley moved on to another non-job in the Washington Military District. I heard that his last job was working on trying to save the Sergeant York DIVAD at least a year after everyone involved with it knew that it didn't work worth a damn. Colonel Biff was a good guy and I'd bet that it was hard for him to justify the purchase of a weapons system that didn't work.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AB2506
Originally Posted by WAM

Seven years as a major? Isn't that a excessively long time for one rank? Why wasn't he purged for under performance/not being promoted on pace?

No one is guaranteed promotion to colonel. He should be happy to retire as a Lt.Colonel.

7 years as a major isn't excessively long when you consider the number of career boxes you have to check during that phase of a person's military career.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Why wouldn't they? The top brass have been handpicked by Globalists my entire lifetime. Just like the Justice Department, they are thoroughly infiltrated and corrupt at the top levels. To wit: Colin Powell, Petraus, Mad Dog.

Yep. Trump should hire Colonel Douglas Macgregor to clean them all out and replace them with his own personal picks, reinstating Macgregor into the Army, and promoting him to Five Star General.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Why wouldn't they? The top brass have been handpicked by Globalists my entire lifetime. Just like the Justice Department, they are thoroughly infiltrated and corrupt at the top levels. To wit: Colin Powell, Petraus, Mad Dog.

Yep. Trump should hire Colonel Douglas Macgregor to clean them all out and replace them with his own personal picks, reinstating Macgregor into the Army, and promoting him to Five Star General.

I'm thinking Flynn may get a big nod for something very important, TRH.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Being promoted to O-6 isn't that big a deal.

Over the 7 years that I was in the Army I knew at least a dozen full colonels who were parked in meaningless jobs. They were, for some reason, never going to get promoted to flag rank, but they were being allowed to do their 30 years and collect their 75% retirement pay. When I was stationed at Ft. Riley, KS, I knew a full colonel who had a make work job that allowed him to fish and hunt during most of his duty hours. He only wore his uniform into the office one or twice a week, otherwise he wore civilian clothing and did whatever he wanted to do. I always thought that it was a waste of money to park those senior guys in meaningless jobs. Most of them wanted meaningful jobs, but they knew that they weren't going to be promoted or given meaningful assignments, so they were putting in the dead time in order to get to 30 years and the 75% pension.

It’s a good policy. In peacetime there isn’t that many meaningful positions for all of the good leadership. If chit hits the fan that all changes in an instant. Having a few spare good colonels around becomes a priceless asset. Same with the extra NCOs. With a good colonel and a couple of good NCOs you can stand up a functioning battalion pretty quickly.

dear lord in heaven. we have way too many commissioned officers. we need to cull about 3/4 of them.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Vindman and his twin brother were part of the failed “Jew Coup” of Nadler, Schiff and Schumer backed by Soros. In other cultures if you fail in a coup attempt they line you up against a wall and pump you full of bullets or at least throw you in jail ala Nelson Mandela.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Way too many commissioned officers. Cull 3/4 of them, let the Warrants run things.

The Army aint sticking a finger in the process, it is some liberal senator. Promotion list has to be confirmed by the Senate first.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 62 invisible), 2,264 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,645
Posts18,455,396
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.