Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks brother

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gahuntertom
If you were alive then the loud sound you herd was our plan lifting off at Cam Ron Bay.

thanks for your generation's service.
It is shameful how returning vets were treated.

Last edited by ribka; 07/02/20.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Originally Posted by johnt189
got the million dollar wound

It was a bullet, wasn't it? That jumped up and bit ya? Was yours directly in the butt-ocks, too? Did you ever see a nickel of that money?

going to let that slide that crack about the buttocks since it was pointed toward a time of katy bar the door down. But will say this I do not remember a thing till a week later in Balboa then was told was lucky give or take had to rebuild my left leg and large and a few other places.
have a idea what you meant so will leave it at that
And no not a penny

Last edited by johnt189; 07/03/20.

Retarded,Rich,Famous
Hunting,Target Shooting,Women
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
in the Corp. in 66 Nam 66 stayed till 70 got the million dollar wound in 70 went home to the round eyed women on the freedom bird. Spent 5 months in Balboa healing when was able to put on greens and I was there salad went to town. Yes to get a women seen a fine blond she walked up to me spit on me called me names So I asked her does this mean I am not going to get a BJ. Only if she knew what was going on in my mind.
It was hard to accept that we was not wanted at all period but most of us manned up made a life raised kids. Still have the nightmares and sweats the face of the first man I seen go down thru the scope still visits me the shocked look he got knowing he is not going home. I handle those tough times telling myself it was a job I signed up for and was paid to do works sometimes.
But was glad I made it home

Things which we who haven’t been can scarcely imagine. My cousin was likewise in the Marines over there, and likewise used a scope in combat. He’s retired and closing in on being a great- grandfather now, but he told me he can still see the faces from back then.

when you see your cousin again tell him Sempe Fi

Retarded,Rich,Famous
Hunting,Target Shooting,Women
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glad you made it back ,welcome home !

You got me by one my 50 was this past May 5th..

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by gahuntertom
If you were alive then the loud sound you herd was our plan lifting off at Cam Ron Bay.

Khe Sanh
Really..There were some really bad battles there,just not yours...My step brother survived Khe Sanh..So many battles over there that were devastating..I lost some good buddy's there..The year of the draft and they were drafting doctors and garbage drivers who looked at each other as equals...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by huntsman22
got the million dollar wound

It was a bullet, wasn't it? That jumped up and bit ya? Was yours directly in the butt-ocks, too? Did you ever see a nickel of that money?

going to let that slide that crack about the buttocks since it was pointed toward a time of katy bar the door down. But will say this I do not remember a thing till a week later in Balboa then was told was lucky give or take had to rebuild my left leg and large and a few other places.
have a idea what you meant so will leave it at that
And no not a penny
it means Huntsman snuffed your bullshît out early on.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nah, it means I was referencing another famous 'million dollar wound'......

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You may have left Viet Nam, but it never leaves you, especially the smell.

Hats off to all who served, are serving or will serve in the future.
Condolences to all who were lost and their families.

Tim

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

131 members (358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 23 invisible), 2,286 guests, and 904 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,648
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.