Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#15019965 07/03/20
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a Ruger SR9 some months ago. I bought a Safariland GLS holster and a double mag carrier and an extra mag. I ran some combat drills with it.

I love this gun! fast, accurate. I put a grip sleeve on it and it points naturally. I did have one hitch when my buddy called a shot during a tactical reload, since it does not fire with the mag out. It took 5 minutes to get rid of that thing, really simple. I did the same with my P345 but with that I had to remove the rear sight. Still not a big deal.

It is now one of my favorites.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
BP-B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Good choice!

I love my SR9c. It backs backs up my S&W M&P9c Performance Center, but really I use both interchangeably.

The SR9c has an amazingly crisp trigger and mine at least, is accurate as hell.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by duck911
Good choice!

I love my SR9c. It backs backs up my S&W M&P9c Performance Center, but really I use both interchangeably.

Mine was jammamatic out of the box. Have not messed with it since.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Good choice!

I'll send you a hundred bucks for that piece of crap. Win win.....

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Good choice!

Limpwrister!

haha!

I have a few thousand rounds through mine. Factory and reloads. Only one FTF, which upon inspection was a hand-loaded 9mm round that backed out in the mag from recoil due to what I think might have been a weak crimp.

I also run mine with dry lube, might want to consider that.

If you are disgusted with your SR9c and want to flip it, let me know your price.

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Oops, I mis remembered, It actually fails to fire, typically but not solely on the last round of the magazine.

No need to sell it. Figure it's likely serviceable, but, it did not function out of the box. Purchased upon reading the generally excellent reviews and it was $250.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Get it runnin' and choot the chit out of it.

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I haven't fired the Ruger American and wonder how much difference there is between it and the SR series.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I loved my SR9C ....unfortunately some cretin decided to visit my truck parked in my back yard one night and it went with him....with my dog asleep 15' away......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did you whip the dog yet? I have a ruger 9 compact and love it. But I do not have a full size ruger.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 07/04/20.
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I"ve found the SR9 to be very good ergonomically, no failures of any kind. Points well, and you can't ask for any more.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The gunsmiths I worked with were both impressed by the SR9...and I'll take their opinions over all others!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I had one couldn't sell it fast enough!

Shot and operated fine I just couldn't stand the feel.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Big fan of the P345.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oops, I mis remembered, It actually fails to fire, typically but not solely on the last round of the magazine.

No need to sell it. Figure it's likely serviceable, but, it did not function out of the box. Purchased upon reading the generally excellent reviews and it was $250.

Give it a good cleaning and lube. Shoot at least 2 hundred rounds of nato spec ball ammo through it to break it in. Also there's a good chance the magazine is bad. put a number on your magazines for ID and see if only one mag is bad. Magazines are the heart of any self feeder. Magazines also have a limited life and need replacement if used a lot.

Last edited by 1911a1; 07/04/20.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by EdM
Big fan of the P345.

Me too , didn't get one when still in production . Still looking for a used one !

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The mag block and disassembly kinda lame and reassembly was kinda like the sig 238 with the arm to depress along rail to slide, but it’s a nice stout feeling 9 a little cz -ish in feel. Friend has one, not a pistol guy, laments he can’t hit anything and blames the skinny front sight. It ain’t the sights or the gun - it’s a sweet shooting piece and price is right. Won me over. Some aftermarket sights would be better, add $100, but couldn’t argue with the result.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by 1911a1

Give it a good cleaning and lube. Shoot at least 2 hundred rounds of nato spec ball ammo through it to break it in. Also there's a good chance the magazine is bad. put a number on your magazines for ID and see if only one mag is bad. Magazines are the heart of any self feeder. Magazines also have a limited life and need replacement if used a lot.

Thanks, will give it a try.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Good choice!

Limpwrister!

haha!

I have a few thousand rounds through mine. Factory and reloads. Only one FTF, which upon inspection was a hand-loaded 9mm round that backed out in the mag from recoil due to what I think might have been a weak crimp.

If you are disgusted with your SR9c and want to flip it, let me know your price.

You are correct. My buddy had the Ruger SR9 and it jammed on all the children and women that shot it. The men had no problems. I think it is just a poor quality gun.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by MM879
Good choice!

Limpwrister!

haha!

You are correct. My buddy had the Ruger SR9 and it jammed on all the children and women that shot it. The men had no problems. I think it is just a poor quality gun.

My daughter's boyfriend just bought a Gen 5 Glock 19 9mm a few weeks ago. Took him and her out to shoot it (and a few other guns) this past week. The Glock shot great for her boyfriend and I but it would stove pipe every time my daughter tried to shoot it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
119 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 18 invisible), 1,359 guests, and 711 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,851
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.