Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by RemModel8
If you pull your gun, it's time to shoot.

Yep. Hitting your car doesn't rise to that level. You don't point a gun at someone to scare them off or intimidate them unless you're life is in danger and you're ready to drop a hammer if they don't back the [bleep] off.
Horseshixt. Letting the bad guys divide us by continually parsing and applying the laws that were never right to begin with is what's got us to this point. I'd think somebody from Virginia would understand that. When somebody, especially the types that are out rioting and carrying on, hits your car they may just be hitting your car, but you ALWAYS run the chance that they are testing you, escalating to see what you will do and when you don't respond they take it to the next level.

Pulling your gun can oftentimes MAKE the goblin back off. That's why the whole brandishing thing is BS. Should you be ready to pull the trigger as soon as you pull your gun? You should be ready to pull the trigger as soon as you put on your gun.

Reginald Denny.
Yes sir.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Reginald Denny.
Yes sir.

Were I on the jury that is all I would need to hear.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Yep. Hitting your car doesn't rise to that level. You don't point a gun at someone to scare them off or intimidate them unless you're life is in danger and you're ready to drop a hammer if they don't back the [bleep] off.

Agreed ^^^^^.

This was a ass beating situation only.

For all the bad-asses who’ve never been into fighting. The commitment to go to blows on a deserving idiot is the exact same commitment as putting a firearm into action.

If you’re gonna go, you go all in, hard and fast - don’t stop until you have destroyed the idiot in front of you.

It’s simple really...Decisive action can make for quicker results.

😎

First; the white woman was pregnant, and who knows what the heck would happen to her husband for beating on a black woman and possibly her minor daughter. The only way the white folks could win this one is to leave the situation and not get back out of the car. They probably should have even called the cops when they got in the car to say they were being harassed, threatened, and felt danger for their lives and unborn child’s life to have that on record. They made the mistake of getting back out of the car in a Commie county in a Commie state...

Last edited by Ramdiesel; 07/03/20.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Valsdad
You guys seem to have overlooked the fact this was a pregnant women...... changes things on so many levels....

ir,

Don't know how the woman's reproductive status matters when she was already in her vehicle, and most importantly from what I can see in the video, the vehicle had a clear path to get out of the parking lot even after the dumb "lady" hit the car as it was backing up.

I'd have to say, if the situation was me and my wife, and I'm carrying, I'd have her on the phone with 911 giving a description of the offenders and getting the hell away. Had they tried to get in front of the car and block my exit, then all bets are off.

I'm thinking the poor folks in the car are about to be a lot poorer paying lawyers to get the charges reduced to misdemeanor brandishing or some such in that state.

Dang, I hated typing that, but that's what it looked like to me.

Understood Geno.... how about the hormone/mama bear factor.
I also believe a physical fight was off the table for the gals... can't risk the baby. The husband could have dropped the mouthy bitch but that would have also opened a can of worms... backing over the bitch, well assault with a deadly weapon etc....
Bad no win situation and the black bitch knew it, they are trying to push white people into a corner/trap of sorts...
Hopefully they can start a go-fund me account get great lawyers and sue the city.... which the taxpayers will have to pay if they win.... we are watching the destruction of our country

I did think about that hormone thing. Maybe she was a quart low on ice cream and dill pickles? Really though, that could have factored into her decision making process and if they get smart lawyers that can be brought out, hoepfully pretrial.

If the prosecutors are smart, they too will do the right thing and reduce the charges before the folks have to mortgage their lives to get out of that mess.

But, knowing prosecutors, especially elected DA's looking to advance their careers, if there's a chance of garnering votes by going heavy on the charged those folks are fooked.

Right or wrong, the whole deal is a scheidt show.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You guys seem to have overlooked the fact this was a pregnant women...... changes things on so many levels....

Don't know how the woman's reproductive status matters...

IF her gestational condition made her feel
so vulnerable, why didnt she stay inside and
get her husband to exit and draw on them?

there's the chance she acted impetously
to the 'OMFG' surprise of her husband... unless
he himself urged his precious baby incubator
to leave the safety of their vehicle.. 😂

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sitka deer will disagree, she's an expert.

And you are a total [bleep].

Why have you gone this low? I once thought you had some semblance of rational thought. That notion is toast. Fight your demons somewhere else.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cisco1

A lot of tough talk here, And that's all it is from a bunch of goofs that don't know what is happening in the country, And for sure don't understand laws.

Well aren't you the tough guy!!!

A dry-gulching POS with a serious need to re-evaluate your self-worth.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Horseshixt. Letting the bad guys divide us by continually parsing and applying the laws that were never right to begin with is what's got us to this point. I'd think somebody from Virginia would understand that. When somebody, especially the types that are out rioting and carrying on, hits your car they may just be hitting your car, but you ALWAYS run the chance that they are testing you, escalating to see what you will do and when you don't respond they take it to the next level.

Pulling your gun can oftentimes MAKE the goblin back off. That's why the whole brandishing thing is BS. Should you be ready to pull the trigger as soon as you pull your gun? You should be ready to pull the trigger as soon as you put on your gun.

Well put. The question is simple: did the appearance of a firearm escalate or de-escalate the situation and who could KNOW the answer ahead of time.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Getting out of the suv and with the gun visible is one thing. Pulling and then pointing a gun under those mentioned circumstances is a totally different thing.

Only to liberals with an agenda...... good grief she didn't pull the trigger

By hitting a vehicle with ones hand, that deserves pointing a gun at someone? And if the black woman had pulled a gun and there was a shootout with maiming and death(s), that’s justified in this case ?

You might want to go back and read what Beaver wrote.

Or better yet, serve on juries where these types of incidents have occurred and see the outcome.

As written here in this thread, the woman who pulled and pointed the gun at another was in no way put into a life threatening situation.

Another thing. Legally speaking, words don’t constitute a fight.

If you disagree with anything that I’ve written here,,,go for it. Then see what it gets you.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Well put. The question is simple: did the appearance of a firearm escalate or de-escalate the situation and who could KNOW the answer ahead of time.

No.

The question is even more simple.

Was the person who pulled the gun ever in a life threatening situation?

That’s what it will come down to.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
There is a time and place for everything, and from what I saw, that was not the time or place for the White gal to pull out a gun. As others have said, you don't pull out a gun to just threaten someone, you pull it out if you're going to use it to shoot with.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

No.

Interesting, I thought it hinged on whether she FELT threatened, or that she felt the life of her child was being threatened.

Reginald Denny.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
you can bet if the situation had been reversed , and the black woman had got out of the car and pulled the gun , nothing would be done to her

and probably the DA , the major , and the police chief would pin a medal on her

blacks have always wanted to be not just equal , but more equal , and they have succeeded.........

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

No.

Interesting, I thought it hinged on whether she FELT threatened, or that she felt the life of her child was being threatened.

Reginald Denny.

She got out of the car armed and of her own free will.

Reginald Denny was pulled from his truck against his free will.

Big difference.

She and her husband are not only going to lose in court. They will both lose their concealed carry permits AND they will both be red flagged never to possess a firearm again.

Pulling a gun on someone - in public. - is serious scchitt and you better be right all the way down to dotting every “I” and crossing every “T”.

This nowadays includes every LEO.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
DA is sending a message. Be careful who you mess with. They have an agenda and know who's supposed to win this battle. Be careful out there. If you are white, they will look doubly close at anything you do. Their goal is to embolden this movement.

Reminds me strongly of current South Africa.

Yes indeed.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
What has happened to civility and manners? If you accidentally bump into someone, it should be automatic to say "I'm sorry". If for some reason one is distracted and forgets to say "I'm sorry" and the offended party calls you on it, say, "I'm sorry." What is so hard about that? If you think you are in the right or have the right to go bumping into people, you are a jerk in need of an attitude adjustment.

Ok, so you're a jerk and refuse to apologize, all you deserve at that point is a dirty look from the people you bumped into. End of interaction. But - - if you bumped into a jerk, you will now get into a loud argument. Realizing you have bumped into someone who is also a jerk, you now have the opportunity to realize the situation and defuse it by finally saying, "I'm sorry." But no - - - you aren't a rational jerk, you are a stubborn, irrational and stupid jerk who can't see where this could be heading. So, instead you hurl insults.

Now, the person you just insulted, could recognize that you are a special kind of jerk not worth messing with and instead just turn around and walk away. But no - - - they are also a stubborn, irrational jerk and they are not going to let anyone get away with calling them names. So they are going to follow you to your car and hit your car to prove their point that you are jerks, by also being a jerk..

Not to be out-jerked, sitting safely in your car, you will now show them it's not smart to get into an argument with jerks who carry guns, who think that they are somehow in the right here. So,you pull a gun and wave it around to scare them off. So, now, it's up to the courts to figure this all out and to let you know that you can't wave loaded guns around to scare off someone who just hit your car (not you, but YOUR CAR) with their hand.

So the likely result will be our pregnant jerk will get probation, maybe also a fine, and she will lose her concealed carry permit, as is appropriate. She has already shown she has bad judgement and is not mature, decent, or civil enough to be in possession of a deadly weapon. She's just lucky the person she bumped into wasn't another gun-toting jerk because her drawing a gun is a deadly threat and she and her baby could have been killed and it would have been self defense.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I did think about that hormone thing. Maybe she was a quart low on ice cream and dill pickles? Really though, that could have factored into her decision making process and if they get smart lawyers that can be brought out, hoepfully pretrial.

If the prosecutors are smart, they too will do the right thing and reduce the charges before the folks have to mortgage their lives to get out of that mess.

But, knowing prosecutors, especially elected DA's looking to advance their careers, if there's a chance of garnering votes by going heavy on the charged those folks are fooked.

Right or wrong, the whole deal is a scheidt show.

Ever read Bonfire of the Vanities? Prosecutors are always looking for the White Whale of a White person victimizing a black person. Once they have one, they want him/her to serve a long prison term, for the advancement of their own careers. And the MSM will have their backs 100% through the whole process.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
DA is sending a message. Be careful who you mess with. They have an agenda and know who's supposed to win this battle. Be careful out there. If you are white, they will look doubly close at anything you do. Their goal is to embolden this movement.

Bingo!

Truer words..

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Bingo!

Truer words..

Yessir.

And being stupid won’t help a person’s cause one iota.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Reginald Denny.

Feeling threatened isn't enough to justify deadly force (which didn't occur here anyway). For deadly force, your belief that you were threatened must be perceived as reasonable by the standard of the ordinary prudent person, putting themselves in your shoes at that moment. Also, the threat needs to be severe, i.e., to life or limb. The threat must also have been of imminent harm, not harm ten minutes from now, or if you do this or that.

Now we need to address whether those same standards should apply to a threatening display of a gun, and I don't think they should. Seems to me that the totality of the situation justified the gun's threatening display. The blacks were determined to raise a simple disagreement (which they manufactured themselves with the White couple) to the level where some sort of violence would result, so they could harm one or both of them, even extending to placing their bodies in the way of their car as they sought to escape the situation. That could be interpreted as False Imprisonment, which by itself justifies sufficient force to defeat it.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

237 members (22kHornet, 160user, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1OntarioJim, 257 mag, 22 invisible), 1,506 guests, and 915 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,176
Posts18,465,476
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.