Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

She got out of the car armed and of her own free will.

Reginald Denny was pulled from his truck against his free will.

Big difference.
The point being made was that a memory of the Reginald Denny situation was her justification for turning the tables when she did, not that she also was dragged from the car and beaten to death by raging black people.

She and her husband are not only going to lose in court. They will both lose their concealed carry permits AND they will both be red flagged never to possess a firearm again.

Pulling a gun on someone - in public. - is serious scchitt and you better be right all the way down to dotting every “I” and crossing every “T”.

This nowadays includes every LEO.
Not true. Cops have nearly free reign to point their weapons at people they have an articulable reason to believe are potentially violent.

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Big difference.
The point being made was that a memory of the Reginald Denny situation was her justification for turning the tables when she did, not that she also was dragged from the car and beaten to death by raging black people.

She and her husband are not only going to lose in court. They will both lose their concealed carry permits AND they will both be red flagged never to possess a firearm again.

Pulling a gun on someone - in public. - is serious scchitt and you better be right all the way down to dotting every “I” and crossing every “T”.

Not true. Cops have nearly free reign to point their weapons at people they have an articulable reason to believe are potentially violent.

Really, Hawk? Tell your bullscchitt to the cops in New York.

You ain’t got so much as a fuggin clue of what went through her mind or what her memories were when getting out of the suv. She may want to use that as a defense except there’s a crowd missing.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by RemModel8
If you pull your gun, it's time to shoot.

Yep. Hitting your car doesn't rise to that level. You don't point a gun at someone to scare them off or intimidate them unless you're life is in danger and you're ready to drop a hammer if they don't back the [bleep] off.
Horseshixt. Letting the bad guys divide us by continually parsing and applying the laws that were never right to begin with is what's got us to this point. I'd think somebody from Virginia would understand that. When somebody, especially the types that are out rioting and carrying on, hits your car they may just be hitting your car, but you ALWAYS run the chance that they are testing you, escalating to see what you will do and when you don't respond they take it to the next level.

Pulling your gun can oftentimes MAKE the goblin back off. That's why the whole brandishing thing is BS. Should you be ready to pull the trigger as soon as you pull your gun? You should be ready to pull the trigger as soon as you put on your gun.

Well put. The question is simple: did the appearance of a firearm escalate or de-escalate the situation and who could KNOW the answer ahead of time.

No.

The question is even more simple.

Was the person who pulled the gun ever in a life threatening situation?

That’s what it will come down to.

Yes,

That's what it comes down to, and no, this had not escalated to a "life threatening" situation.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Big difference.

You ain’t got so much as a fuggin clue of what went through her mind or what her memories were when getting out of the suv. She may want to use that as a defense except there’s a crowd missing.

Ya gotta love Floridians arguing about what the cops in NY will or won't do. When was the last time you had any dealings with NY cops? NY cops will violate your rights or pull a gun on you as quickly as any other cop will if provoked or if they feel threatened. Take it from a life-long NYer who has known and dealt with plenty of NY police officers.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Lady should have never pulled her gun.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by cooper57m

Big difference.

Ya gotta love Floridians arguing about what the cops in NY will or won't do. When was the last time you had any dealings with NY cops? NY cops will violate your rights or pull a gun on you as quickly as any other cop will if provoked or if they feel threatened. Take it from a life-long NYer who has known and dealt with plenty of NY police officers.

Perhaps you saw the video of the New York cop getting the scchitt beat out of him by several attackers recently ? I don’t recall him pulling his pistol. Do you?

And the New York cops being pelted with Molotov’s , bricks, etc. I don’t recall any one of them ever pulling a pistol on anyone. Do you?

Tell me how many looters and rioters were shot by New York cops

Let’s hear all about it Mr. Life Long New Yorker.

Edited to add:
I’m not a Floridian. I’d explain that to you but I’m all out of crayons.

Last edited by Old_Toot; 07/04/20.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Incredibly frustrating. And yes she will be on the receiving end of unfair treatment from the justice system. But it never reached the level of life threatening. All the more reason to do your utter best to maintain a cool head when dealing with these animals. You’re almost assuredly not going to win. And you have way more to lose than they do.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Incredibly frustrating. And yes she will be on the receiving end of unfair treatment from the justice system. But it never reached the level of life threatening. All the more reason to do your utter best to maintain a cool head when dealing with these animals. You’re almost assuredly not going to win. And you have way more to lose than they do.

You never win when dealing with a loser. - unless you’re on your own property and can prove a credible threat.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

You never win when dealing with a loser. - unless you’re on your own property and can prove a credible threat.

Ever wonder why these people are constantly getting into Schitt? It’s because consequences don’t mean squat to them. They either have nothing at all to lose or just don’t give it a second thought. They run on pure emotion and ignorance. No forethought to what can happen.

Last edited by Dryfly24; 07/04/20.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Ever wonder why these people are constantly getting into Schitt? It’s because consequences don’t mean squat to them. They either have nothing at all to lose or just don’t give it a second thought. They run on pure emotion and ignorance. No forethought to what can happen.

Because recent events have taught them that they have carte blanche to do so with total impunity.

If every action has an equal and opposite reaction,,,,how long will this reaction portion of the equation remain in a vacuum ?

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Because recent events have taught them that they have carte blanche to do so with total impunity.

If every action has an equal and opposite reaction,,,,how long will this reaction portion of the equation remain in a vacuum ?

They’ve always been like this. But now they’ve doubled down because not only are there no repercussions, they are actually being rewarded and encouraged. There is shortage of idiots chomping at the bit to defend their criminality.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Still waiting to hear back from Mr. Life Long New Yorker.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by RemModel8
If you pull your gun, it's time to shoot.

Yep. Hitting your car doesn't rise to that level. You don't point a gun at someone to scare them off or intimidate them unless you're life is in danger and you're ready to drop a hammer if they don't back the [bleep] off.
Horseshixt. Letting the bad guys divide us by continually parsing and applying the laws that were never right to begin with is what's got us to this point. I'd think somebody from Virginia would understand that. When somebody, especially the types that are out rioting and carrying on, hits your car they may just be hitting your car, but you ALWAYS run the chance that they are testing you, escalating to see what you will do and when you don't respond they take it to the next level.

Pulling your gun can oftentimes MAKE the goblin back off. That's why the whole brandishing thing is BS. Should you be ready to pull the trigger as soon as you pull your gun? You should be ready to pull the trigger as soon as you put on your gun.

Well put. The question is simple: did the appearance of a firearm escalate or de-escalate the situation and who could KNOW the answer ahead of time.

No.

The question is even more simple.

Was the person who pulled the gun ever in a life threatening situation?

That’s what it will come down to.

Yes,

That's what it comes down to, and no, this had not escalated to a "life threatening" situation.

This is the short but definitely correct version of the story. No matter the color of the people involved or anything else.

The lady did the wrong thing by pulling her gun in this situation when she did. You pull it to defend yourself from a real threat to your personal harm or to those around you. Pulling it to make a statement of some kind is not the correct thing to do. Getting away (creating distance) from the threat is always the first option.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Put me on that jury and that lady walks.

I spend all my money on loose women and trapping supplies.....The rest I just waste.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Getting away (creating distance) from the threat is always the first option.

Distance can be a good thing.

I'd add not being a dick, deescalating.

Regardless of who's right or wrong, a simple apology is preferable to gun play. And if deescalation doesn't work, it add clarity to who is, and is not the aggressor in the event that things go south.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Getting away (creating distance) from the threat is always the first option.

Distance can be a good thing.

I'd add not being a dick, deescalating.

Regardless of who's right or wrong, a simple apology is preferable to gun play. And if deescalation doesn't work, it add clarity to who is, and is not the aggressor in the event that things go south.

Like I said, who has more to lose? If you can’t walk away because your ego won’t let you you’re probably as bad as them to begin with. I look at it like arguing with a four year old. They don’t have the mental capacity to reason at your level.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I was friends with the Chief of Police in the next town over.

He was the singer and lead player in our band.

One night some dipschit got mouthy and wanted to fight him.

They argued a while and then the Chief abruptly turned and walked away.

Wasn't worth it he said.

Made sense to me.

I am MAGA.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I was friends with the Chief of Police in the next town over.

He was the singer and lead player in our band.

One night some dipschit got mouthy and wanted to fight him.

They argued a while and then the Chief abruptly turned and walked away.

Wasn't worth it he said.

Made sense to me.

You know as well as I do there are plenty of John Wayne wannabe’s around here who would ordinarily chime in to tell us how they would use their patented karate moves to clean the guy’s clock, yada, yada...

The fun never stops around here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The self defense dilemma these days is these freaks are unpredictable. Neither the cops or a person caught up in a confrontation cant predict what happens next. A bang with their fist on your car as you are driving away could next be a bullet through the rear window. Theres plenty of videos of peaceful protests turning into riots and plenty more of Traffic stops turning into Leo getting shot at when things seem to be going routine.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
"Wuestenberg then got back out of her car, pointed the gun at Green and Hill, and told her husband to call the police."

That was her big mistake. She should have stayed in the car all called the cops.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

686 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 160user, 66 invisible), 3,524 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,271
Posts18,467,426
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.