Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I was friends with the Chief of Police in the next town over.

He was the singer and lead player in our band.

One night some dipschit got mouthy and wanted to fight him.

They argued a while and then the Chief abruptly turned and walked away.

Wasn't worth it he said.

Made sense to me.

smart man. It never is

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by PJGunner
"Wuestenberg then got back out of her car, pointed the gun at Green and Hill, and told her husband to call the police."

That was her big mistake. She should have stayed in the car all called the cops.
Paul B.

Yes, from where we sit that’s what she should’ve done. I just think she was already at the limits of her patience so when the peaceful jogger hit her car she lost it...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

That was her big mistake. She should have stayed in the car all called the cops.
Paul B.

The fact that there might, in your judgment, have been better approaches to the problem presented to this couple doesn't necessarily mean that this woman was in the wrong.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Was she confused? Fog of war? Didn't know where she was?

Sheesh.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Still waiting to hear back from Mr. Life Long New Yorker.

I actually have a life and had things to do other than stare at a computer all day. FYI, when you mean to say NYC (CITY) police officers, say that. There is a whole lot of NY North and West of the City. Try beating on a State Trooper, a County Sheriff, or some upstate city/town/village cop and you take your chances. No doubt the NYC cops have been told hands off by their command and they are used to getting no support from DeBlasio. If they were to shoot one of his precious constituents, they would fired.

Upstate NYers hate it when people around the Country assume anyone from NY is a NYC resident. When someone talks about NY this or that, I'm thinking the State not the City. In the future if you are talking specifically about NY CITY make that clear by not leaving off the City part; NYC will work.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Feeling threatened isn't enough to justify deadly force (which didn't occur here anyway). For deadly force, your belief that you were threatened must be perceived as reasonable by the standard of the ordinary prudent person, putting themselves in your shoes at that moment. Also, the threat needs to be severe, i.e., to life or limb. The threat must also have been of imminent harm, not harm ten minutes from now, or if you do this or that.

Now we need to address whether those same standards should apply to a threatening display of a gun, and I don't think they should. Seems to me that the totality of the situation justified the gun's threatening display. The blacks were determined to raise a simple disagreement (which they manufactured themselves with the White couple) to the level where some sort of violence would result, so they could harm one or both of them, even extending to placing their bodies in the way of their car as they sought to escape the situation. That could be interpreted as False Imprisonment, which by itself justifies sufficient force to defeat it.

You started off well, but finish off in the
rediculous category.

You could have looked a lot less stupid by first
consulting Michigan Statute on what constitutes
false imprisonment.
http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-750-349b

So by putting all reasonable logic and sensibility aside,
we can take it that TRH would have felt
falsely imprisoned by a girl and would aim
his weapon to extricate himself ...😂

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
The self defense dilemma these days is these freaks are unpredictable. Neither the cops or a person caught up in a confrontation cant predict what happens next. A bang with their fist on your car as you are driving away could next be a bullet through the rear window. Theres plenty of videos of peaceful protests turning into riots and plenty more of Traffic stops turning into Leo getting shot at when things seem to be going routine.

Let them over play their hand. Don't overplay yours.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Paul B.

The fact that there might, in your judgment, have been better approaches to the problem presented to this couple doesn't necessarily mean that this woman was in the wrong.

You, of all people, should understand just how wrong she and her husband really were.

I'm pretty confident that if you were in the same situation this would of never spun out of control.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Paul B.

You, of all people, should understand just how wrong she and her husband really were.

I'm pretty confident that if you were in the same situation this would of never spun out of control.

Thanks. You're right. But this is a chick who felt trapped by someone who had already made clear with her own words that violence against her and her husband was her intention.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Paul B.

Yep. Too bad it doesn't and won't matter. If a police officer did the same, would that officer be sanctioned or charged? Is there really one set of rules for all?

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The self defense dilemma these days is these freaks are unpredictable. Neither the cops or a person caught up in a confrontation cant predict what happens next. A bang with their fist on your car as you are driving away could next be a bullet through the rear window. Theres plenty of videos of peaceful protests turning into riots and plenty more of Traffic stops turning into Leo getting shot at when things seem to be going routine.

Trying to get someone to hit you with a car by placing yourself in the path of the car is trying to force the driver to commit vehicular assault. It is trying to create deadly harm. In that view, anyone who tries to get in my path with the intention of causing harm to me or them through reckless negligence should be charged with felonious assault. I am not sure how the laws are worded, but I know of at least two federal agents and a local sheriff who agreed with me.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

Trying to get someone to hit you with a car by placing yourself in the path of the car is trying to force the driver to commit vehicular assault. It is trying to create deadly harm. In that view, anyone who tries to get in my path with the intention of causing harm to me or them through reckless negligence should be charged with felonious assault. I am not sure how the laws are worded, but I know of at least two federal agents and a local sheriff who agreed with me.

Yep.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yep.

Last persons I would trust to interpret law
is [out of state] low IQ knucklehead LE.

Michigan Penal Code section 750.82
defines felonious assault as assaulting another person -
with a “gun, revolver, pistol, knife, iron bar,
club, brass knuckles, or other dangerous weapon.”

Moreover, felonious assault is using a dangerous weapon
to put another person in fear of immediate bodily harm
(brandishing a pistol during a heated argument
at a bar would generally be considered FA in Michigan.)

Thus Essentially -
Felonious assault applies to a narrow range of conduct
under section 750.82
(ie) FA occurs when you put another person in fear
of harm by using a dangerous weapon, but there is
no evidence suggesting that you actually
intended to seriously harm or kill that person.

And that's why pregnant wife and husband
have been charged with Felonious Assault.
but TRH in his haywire logic thinks 750.82
should not apply to them.

So again. You can avoid looking consistently stupid
by consulting relevant statutes, and that also goes
for the sheriff and Feds mentioned above.. 😂

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
She had no valid reason to pull a gun, therefore, charges levied against her are not surprising.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
These two are Texas Rangers, so they know when it's legal to point a gun at someone.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by cooper57m
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Still waiting to hear back from Mr. Life Long New Yorker.

I actually have a life and had things to do other than stare at a computer all day. FYI, when you mean to say NYC (CITY) police officers, say that. There is a whole lot of NY North and West of the City. Try beating on a State Trooper, a County Sheriff, or some upstate city/town/village cop and you take your chances. No doubt the NYC cops have been told hands off by their command and they are used to getting no support from DeBlasio. If they were to shoot one of his precious constituents, they would fired.

Upstate NYers hate it when people around the Country assume anyone from NY is a NYC resident. When someone talks about NY this or that, I'm thinking the State not the City. In the future if you are talking specifically about NY CITY make that clear by not leaving off the City part; NYC will work.

I’ll sure buy that. NYC is the Capital of the world. I should have specified that. You are right.

Good to hear back from you. We’re straight.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Yep.

Nope.

Pedestrians have the right of way in parking lots. The walkers posed no physical threat to the people in the suv.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Been thinking about this.

Woman was definitely stupid to slap leather over this, but I’m thinking it was a setup all along. I hope the police - or their Defense lawyer get surveillance video from Chipotle.

I believe the video will show a couple of things - first, that the “bump” that set off the whole altercation was the 15 yr old bumping into the white woman. Then the demand for an apology - because they deserve RESPECT.

It escalates from there, you’ve all seen the video. But at the end, when the couple gets in their car to drive away, the person taking the video, and the rest of the crew, walks up to the storefront, while Mama Bear goes the other way. No one notices until she slaps the back of the vehicle, apparently because she thought it was going to hit her.

WTF was she doing there anyway when the rest of her crew had gone the other way? Obviously, to put herself in position to continue the altercation by slapping the vehicle.

It was a setup from the getgo and this woman and her husband were fool enough to fall for it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What kind of country are we living in when you can't stuff your barrel in the face of people who get on your damn nerves?

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

159 members (35, 257 mag, 338Rules, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 14 invisible), 1,327 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,176
Posts18,465,466
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.