Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
https://www.whitehouse.gov/presiden...ng-rebuilding-monuments-american-heroes/

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Purpose. America owes its present greatness to its past sacrifices. Because the past is always at risk of being forgotten, monuments will always be needed to honor those who came before. Since the time of our founding, Americans have raised monuments to our greatest citizens. In 1784, the legislature of Virginia commissioned the earliest statue of George Washington, a “monument of affection and gratitude” to a man who “unit[ed] to the endowment[s] of the Hero the virtues of the Patriot” and gave to the world “an Immortal Example of true Glory.” I Res. H. Del. (June 24, 1784). In our public parks and plazas, we have erected statues of great Americans who, through acts of wisdom and daring, built and preserved for us a republic of ordered liberty.

These statues are silent teachers in solid form of stone and metal. They preserve the memory of our American story and stir in us a spirit of responsibility for the chapters yet unwritten. These works of art call forth gratitude for the accomplishments and sacrifices of our exceptional fellow citizens who, despite their flaws, placed their virtues, their talents, and their lives in the service of our Nation. These monuments express our noblest ideals: respect for our ancestors, love of freedom, and striving for a more perfect union. They are works of beauty, created as enduring tributes. In preserving them, we show reverence for our past, we dignify our present, and we inspire those who are to come. To build a monument is to ratify our shared national project.

To destroy a monument is to desecrate our common inheritance. In recent weeks, in the midst of protests across America, many monuments have been vandalized or destroyed. Some local governments have responded by taking their monuments down. Among others, monuments to Christopher Columbus, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Francis Scott Key, Ulysses S. Grant, leaders of the abolitionist movement, the first all-volunteer African-American regiment of the Union Army in the Civil War, and American soldiers killed in the First and Second World Wars have been vandalized, destroyed, or removed.

These statues are not ours alone, to be discarded at the whim of those inflamed by fashionable political passions; they belong to generations that have come before us and to generations yet unborn. My Administration will not abide an assault on our collective national memory. In the face of such acts of destruction, it is our responsibility as Americans to stand strong against this violence, and to peacefully transmit our great national story to future generations through newly commissioned monuments to American heroes.

It continues..........see link

MAGA

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
President Trump is the greatest President we have ever had. F u ck the globalists.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd like to know what is going to happen with all the historic monuments already removed.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I'd like to know what is going to happen with all the historic monuments already removed.
….

why where they allowed to come down in the first place?...….until it happens just a lot of words.....bob

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now write your federal representatives and tell them (not ask) to publicly support this effort. If they don’t, then write them again calling them a worthless POS coward. If they do, write them again and profess your sincere gratitude.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

IC B2

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
suppose to happen in the next 6 years.

ii like trump. far better than the alternatives.

but where was the ldrshp when the statues were falling?

we all sat around, and let it happen. that's what we all did.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It’s better than nothing but I don’t see Robert E Lee, Stonewall Jackson and others that deserve to be remembered and were among the first to be torn down. They seem to have been replaced by Jackie Robinson, Martin Luther King and others.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Gus

Who's we Boy? You got a frog in your pocket?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
President Trump is the greatest President we have ever had.

+ a million...!

thank God for that guy

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BobMt
….

why where they allowed to come down in the first place?...….until it happens just a lot of words.....bob

Most of the ones taken down are in liberal schidtholes. Governed by liberal schidthead politicians.

There's not much that can legally be done, because in most cases, the monuments were dedicated, and donated to the cities that took them down.

Man, if hindsight is 20/20...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nothin’. They’re gone. They ain’t coming back. It was a huge injustice for ANY of them to come down and be done away with in the first place.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by antlers
Nothin’. They’re gone. They ain’t coming back. It was a huge injustice for ANY of them to come down and be done away with in the first place.

can't argue that, my friend...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered…History has stopped. Nothing exists except the endless present in which the party is always right” — George Orwell~1984

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Gus

how many statues being saved are you claiming credit for? if you saved one, i'll gladly give you credit for it, and others too.

all the ones i saw while watching the fox on tv, no-one was there to save anything. they were there to tear it down.

you seem to have a jack up your arse ever since ford pulled us out of nam, after following the loss of the french catholics to the buddhists.

i believe you're really angry that the South did rise again. is that it? just askin'

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by antlers

there were hordes of rioters tearing them down, the police ran away (was ordered away), and the rest of us lamented the loss. all very simple, all sad, and a disgrace. but that's what happens when change comes. we saw it happen, and it was change. yes, it's a loss.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Gus

Thank you.

(No chit. I'm a thousand miles or more from any desecrated statue).

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
717 members (16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 222Sako, 21, 12308300, 68 invisible), 2,714 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,621
Posts18,398,580
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.