-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
With the various call out threads and uncertainties of buying in the classifieds, I thought I'd take a moment to point out the good side.

I had a recent transaction with Mule Deer. I know the item l shipped and the check he sent crossed paths in the mail. It was easy, smooth, and drama free.

I think good pictures, a copious description, and clear communication make for a great result for both parties.

But the real foundation for a great transaction is good character. So just treat each other the way you would like to be treated and it will all work out.

I know finances are relative, but most items sold on the 'Fire aren't going to make or break someone financially in the long run. Keep that in mind before getting caught up in an emotional moment.

Mule Deer thanks for sending a second check to cover the difference in shipping. It wasn't necessary but it spoke volumes.

-tnscouter

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by tnscouter

I think good pictures, a copious description, and clear communication make for a great result for both parties.

Yeah like that's going to happen with most people here.

I know finances are relative, but most items sold on the 'Fire aren't going to make or break someone financially in the long run.

You wouldn't know that with all the cheap asses here wanting PP/FF.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've never had anything but good transactions (Buying or Selling) on here however I tend to stay out of there for fear of another safe queen that I can't do without.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by RJL53

Yeah like that's going to happen with most people here.

I know finances are relative, but most items sold on the 'Fire aren't going to make or break someone financially in the long run.

You wouldn't know that with all the cheap asses here wanting PP/FF.

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by 007FJ
I've never had anything but good transactions (Buying or Selling) on here however I tend to stay out of there for fear of another safe queen that I can't do without.

That

I stay out too

IC B2

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I use PayPal quite often since I sell my hockey tickets on Craigslist. It works great. The security both parties get for the small fee charged is well worth it.

I never use family and friends if I'm neither in relation to the other party. I figure if someone is comfortable beating PayPal out of a fair and earned fee they won't have much trouble doing it to me either.

-tnscouter

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I use PayPal quite often since I sell my hockey tickets on Craigslist. It works great. The security both parties get for the small fee charged is well worth it.

I never use family and friends if I'm neither in relation to the other party. I figure if someone is comfortable beating PayPal out of a fair and earned fee they won't have much trouble doing it to me either.

-tnscouter

PayPal freely offers the service without protection. It doesn't phucqk them at all and says nothing of one's character. That's silly. It's not even called friends and family anymore.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 07/04/20.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
tnscouter is a good dude. I mailed him some stuff and it appears lost in uspsland. He hasn't complained yet......grin

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Levers paid right now, flawless transaction.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Did one transaction on here for a scope.
Seller doing something.
Left scope in mail box.
Drove down to his place.
Got my scope.
I left payment in mailbox.

Did 3 others outta state.
Commo is the key.
Seamless no hassle or apprehension deals.

Until a yr later with one guy who had my ph#.
Started getting bean salad pics and jurrasic park vid clips.

JFC...
LOL!!!!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Always about communication and rapport.

Anyone remember transactions before pictures, smartphones and internet payments.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by renegade50

JFC...
LOL!!!!

kingston??? grin

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by renegade50

JFC...
LOL!!!!

kingston??? grin

Who else would send pics like that outta the blue on here???

Gawd......
LOL!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 07/05/20.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Bought a rifle from Antlers, it was better than described.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Ive had quite a few transactions, buying and selling on the classifieds. Never got burnt and I customarily just stick a check or the item in the mail upon confirmation. Had a few buyers get their item before I got my check, but I always got it in timely fashion. As someone else said..just be decent and honest, makes things easy...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I purchased a barrel for my knight from Saddle ring. Great communication and service!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Is Larry Root a good guy to do business with??

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
Is Larry Root a good guy to do business with??

Yes ,him and Safari man...... hahahahhhaha

sarcasm

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

-tnscouter

PayPal freely offers the service without protection. It doesn't phucqk them at all and says nothing of one's character. That's silly. It's not even called friends and family anymore.

MtnBoomer: I thought I would flesh out my thinking on PayPal a bit more since you found it silly. Keep in mind I haven't used PayPal since the NHL went on ice smirk so I might not be up to date on any recent changes, but this is my understanding of PayPal.

PayPal allows anyone to make purchases fee free if they meet certain requirements. On the other side of that transaction the seller/merchant pays a fee of about 3 percent. This is their offering for commerce and includes buyer/seller protection.

They also offer the ability to send money fee free to others if you meet certain criteria. What used to be known as Friends and Family. For example, sending your kid at college some money, reimbursing your half of a meal or Uber bill, things like that. This option isn't intended for commerce hence there is no buyer/seller protection.

When a seller takes PayPal but stipulates Friends and Family only, my thought is they don't want to pay the fee which has been rightfully earned for the service they are using, or they don't want the buyer to have protection, hence my avoidance. However, if they take PayPal and stipulate the buyer pays the fee I'm good with that.

I understand there is a chance I've got this all totally wrong and they offer an option for commerce which is fee free to both parties but I am unfamiliar with it. It would be nice because I rack up a lot of fees.

Thanks -tnscouter

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Yes. You got it wrong.

On PayPal I can simply send money. I have two choices currently, with or without buyer protection. It does not differentiate anymore. It is not called friends and family. It's never been crooked, they've always known and have allowed it.

We, often transact with known friends and associates here. No need for either or both to be subject to unnecessary costs for PayPal's buyer protection services. PayPal freely offers this. They make money in many other ways, like transfers from cards, PayPal credit etc, even on so-called F&F transactions. They have many other fee services as well... A simple transfer between two accounts is purely electronic.

Again, they freely allow it, it is nothing like a loophole they've missed and surely they don't care about the college kid. Stating that anyone that would use it, is somehow untrustworthy is pure nonsense. Damn, the fee is for buyer protection, not the transfer. Nobody is trying to scam you or poor ol'PayPal. Not paying for an unnecessary service is smart, not dumb. That's my rant. Been brought up before.... Cheers.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 07/05/20. Reason: Less prickly

--- Kid Rock 2022

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,629 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,671
Posts18,456,003
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.