Hop To
Page 3 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 25 26
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Unfortunately, I tend to agree.

Originally Posted by ltppowell
It ain't about "living in the country". It's about being a stupid MF.

And lots of you are

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

BP-B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Brazos
It's obvious a lot of y'all have never been to Lewis County WA, where Chehalis is.

And I'm starting to think VarmintGuy never left Seattle before he went to Dillon.

LOTS of good country folk in Lewis County.

This. Lewis county is mostly good people. There’s just a few tweekers and junkies mixed in.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
You DONT want to know what living in Dillon, SC is like. A volatile mix of "white" whites, white trash white, Mexicans, blacks, and Indians(the native kind), all in an impoverished, backwoods area. I live 10 miles away, and won't go after dark.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Lot of the “wild and free” folks on here get their mail in a P.O. Box.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Unfortunately, I tend to agree.

Originally Posted by ltppowell
It ain't about "living in the country". It's about being a stupid MF.

And lots of you are

🤣

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by PeeDeeRiver
If you've an Interstate within a days treck, you ain't immune to the effects of a collapse, and that includes myself....

43 miles and 4 mountains between the nearest Interstate and my cabin. An angry mob wouldn't make it past the first one, much less the 4th one at McDowell. McClellan got his ass whipped by Stonewall Jackson there and we sure as hell are better armed this go round.

3 hr drive on 2 lane open highways with some scattered towns slowing things down here and there to ANY of the nearest freeways. We're talking about 150 miles to the closest one.

National Geographic did an article on the SE Oregon outback a good number of years ago. There's a spot up the road from here that has the distinction of being the spot in the US of A that is the farthest from an Interstate in any direction. Out near Frenchglen I think.

Considering "They" have to come up from Reno, or over from I5, or maybe come down from Boise, I'm guessing we'll know the Revolution has started long before it gets here. And even for Cali, this area is fairly well armed.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Hey Sam,

interesting song.

That young fella might know what it's like to live "country" but his silly videographers or producers apparently don't know what a blue tick hound is if they're putting an Ausie in the video just after that lyric. whistle

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Valsdad
If you've an Interstate within a days treck, you ain't immune to the effects of a collapse, and that includes myself....

43 miles and 4 mountains between the nearest Interstate and my cabin. An angry mob wouldn't make it past the first one, much less the 4th one at McDowell. McClellan got his ass whipped by Stonewall Jackson there and we sure as hell are better armed this go round.

3 hr drive on 2 lane open highways with some scattered towns slowing things down here and there to ANY of the nearest freeways. We're talking about 150 miles to the closest one.

National Geographic did an article on the SE Oregon outback a good number of years ago. There's a spot up the road from here that has the distinction of being the spot in the US of A that is the farthest from an Interstate in any direction. Out near Frenchglen I think.

Considering "They" have to come up from Reno, or over from I5, or maybe come down from Boise, I'm guessing we'll know the Revolution has started long before it gets here. And even for Cali, this area is fairly well armed.

101 is a beautiful drive imo.
Cool spots along the way as well.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P

Can't judge you on that. Ive told my good buddies more than once, that were not California SO liberal, I'd long set sail for the northern reaches....

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
LOL
Evahbody posting up their country cred.

If you got innanet, you ain't in the country.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sure Geno.... just wait till the burning man crowd shows up in your hood.... wink

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Out in the hollar drinkin whisky, some of you trouble mongrals need to get your shiit together.... city slickers are fuucked, us country boys will survive, and ain’t missed a hitch..🖕🏿😫👍

I'll have one of what judhaid is drankin!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Haha Judman be hittin the firewater.....
Not sure how country Chehalis is? to close to Oregon & Washington for me.... smile

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by ironbender
LOL

Reckon thats none of us, then. Progress is a bitch...

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
LOL

Yeah.....

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by irfubar

Sure Geno.... just wait till the burning man crowd shows up in your hood.... wink

Buncha wimpy drunks in that crowd fubar,

Scared of The Corona.....................cancelled and went virtual this year.

Should be a cool show, eh? A virtual Burning Man..................... laugh laugh

Town sure likes and needs there money though. Going to hurt a lot of businesses here.

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Should be a cool show, eh? A virtual Burning Man..................... laugh laugh

Town sure likes and needs there money though. Going to hurt a lot of businesses here.

Brother Geno, the Blackrock was my stomping grounds long before burning man..... Gerlach & Bruno's survived just fine before those dirt hippy's came along and ruined things.... wink

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
LOL

Speak for yourself! Large portion of several counties in VA. And W.Va. no cell service or internet. All thanks to NSA and .gov and the echelon surveillance network.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_National_Radio_Quiet_Zone

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P

Like I said, If y'all weren't quite SO liberal, I'd have been there already.... mite could have handled the Burning Man crowd 15 years ago when I was in college, but not anymore, not a chance, regardless of the economic opportunity those fools represent.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
LOL

well there AK man,

First, hope all is well up there.

Second, let's just say our innanet don't come through no cable, I can hit one tower with the phone most days, and Frontier told me when we moved in that they no longer support landlines on our road.

I'm getting to thinking I may have to get a HAM setup and hope the hills around us don't screw up those signals too much.

In it is contentment

Page 3 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
729 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 204guy, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 75 invisible), 2,943 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,774
Posts18,401,552
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.