Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#15023591 07/05/20
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Considering everything thats going on these days,i wouldn 't mind having a couple guys nearby to count on if things got "sporty".It might be a good idea for "Fire" members that live around each other had a mutual support group
going just in case.I'd feel better if i knew a few more solid guys around to count on . I'm in Westchester County N.Y.anyone nearby and interested P.M.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Seafire's just a few miles from me.

LOL
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
It's called 'networking'.........glad you finally climbed out from under your rock.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
5sdad is the closest to me, near three hours away.

I forgot about Gilbert16, he's close, but I, not if he can stand the recoil of a 308.

Last edited by wabigoon; 07/05/20.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I'm all for it. I don't believe there is anyone very close to me though. Armstrong county pa.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I think you have a point, and everyone should be able to that is why we own guns. Too make sure we can keep standing.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thinking I'd be better off with family, friends, and neighbors. Most of which are not particularly close, geographically speaking, but close in the sense that I know them all better than some fellow enthusiasts on a bulletin board.

I do know of 4 or 5 neighbors within a mile or two that are good guys, and would be there in a pinch. But I live in a fairly densely populated area, for farm country.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Sad when people don't have any friends or relatives around. My dad, brothers and sons could all be here in 15 minutes. My two best friends and hunting partners too.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Not a bad idea. Even living in Oregon, the county I live in is as conservative as can be. We're a 2nd Amendment sanctuary county and the Sheriff has said he's not enforcing any lockdown or mask orders. The streets were lined with flags yesterday and I saw several vehicles with flags. Gasp, I even saw some Confederate flags. Can't go anywhere without seeing Trump 2020 hats and shirts.

Church is a good place to meet like minded people as well. I have little concern about "things getting sporty" here, but I know if they do, there's plenty of patriots around.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess slumlord and renegade are the closest members to me. But, they’d have to come here though, because I’m not going to Clarksville. Too much corona and too many boos.

IC B3

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
I would be interested in knowing if there was anyone near me, DeLand,Fl . I'm disabled,but I might be of some help.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I’m all in. Gonzalez county TX. Phone call away just ask.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Some of the natives got a little restless last night.

I was out building bridges with my neighbors this morning.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can count on the Guy's in my Predator Calling Club. Few of them are Leo's, ex combat vets and we all live close by and have known each other some of up to 40 years...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Hadn't heard that, where was this restlessness?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Building bridges so when it's time to blow some to keep the hordes out, you know who can help?

We're far enough out that the only help we'll get is from our closest neighbors, who are fairly well armed too.

One way in here basically, and a few of us have tractors to block that, junipers along the road that can be easily felled and push into the road.

If they know the dirt roads to get in from over the hill, well, lets just say there are clear sight lines for many many yards in that direction.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I got several friends i could count on and a few fire menbers close by.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by smokepole

Hadn't heard that, where was this restlessness?

Too close. Within a block of home.

About 2.30AM last night I woke to the sound of loud rap music. A few minutes later the gunshot started accompanied by screams of "why are you shooting over a fist fight". So, popped on some clothes, grabbed the side arm and the 2200 lumen Streamlight. Once outside and behind a vehicle I shined the Streamlight toward the area of interest.

The cries of "It's the cops" were followed with vehicles existing the area and a cute little Norwegian girl running over to tell me how it was just fireworks and everyone was clearing out. I replied, "Fireworks?. Well go with that, but I'll need you to disperse.", which she assumed me they would, and they did.

Of course that doesn't mean the shooting stopped. Plenty of that as they left. This morning police reported 2 wounded about 5 minutes away in their direction of travel.

So this morning and went and talked with the normal folks up that direction, gained a little Intel, and built some bridges.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are many groups being formed all around the nation. Keep your eyes open and you will find them. Start local.

I know a few “neighborhood watch” groups being organized locally.

The bugs generally stay in their ghettoes though.

The weekend isn’t even over yet for this zoo.
https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/...d-chicago-gun-violence-homicide-shooting

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R

There are 15 vets, that are pro hunting guides that live with in 15 miles, all are our friends and we talked this all over months ago. Rio7

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1minute, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 55 invisible), 2,730 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,035
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.