Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
What’s up with wanting to change nicknames of professional sports teams - Washington Redskins, Milwaukee Braves, Cleveland Indians?

Seems like more pussies are caving in.

I went to school in Tecumseh Mi, our nickname was the INDIANS. The town was named "in honor” of the Shawnee warrior Chief Tecumseh. The city of Clinton is 5 miles north - their nickname is the Redskins (nut jobs have tried to change that but failed).

I think this crap is getting out of hand. What if the MLK stature “offends” someone - would that statue be taken down? I’m kidding of course.

It sure looks like the inmates are running the asylum.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Because the movement is really about white lives don't matter.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
will we have to rename all the Tecumesh lawn mower engins ????

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Yep. You boiled it down to the nut.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hubert
will we have to rename all the Tecumesh lawn mower engins ????

You spelled Injuns wrong. 😉

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

We have a winner!

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Around here the BLM (Bureau Land Mgmt)/BOR (Bureau of Reclamation) just changed the names of two campgrounds at the local reservoir.

Chinaman's Campground is now known as Campground 1
Confederate Campground is now known as Campground 2

Both original names memorialize the mining activity around here in the 1860s era.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
My high school team name is the Red Raiders. Wonder how long until they push to change it?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ours is the Braves, Chiefs, Redskins, Warriors and Savages, from varsity jv soph freshman.

We are double A, the Browning Indians are A. So when the JV Chiefs play the Browning Indian varsity, the white kids take a pounding. Toughens them up.

Changing Chinamens and Confederate is just insane, total PC garbage.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
People need to stop being a "color" and start being Americans again.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm quite happy to say that we don't have any issues here.

It's about a 50/50 native/white mix and there hasn't been much for bad race relation drama.

For whatever reason people here get along.

Guess I've gotten into a couple minor pissing matches but for the most part there is a mutual respect.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

We have a winner!

Yep, an elegant turn of phrase.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
They don't matter. BLM and liberals tell me that the SOUTH lost, so all Confederate memorials etc need to go. Guess what, the injuns lost, so [bleep] them too.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Exactly. Been saying it for years. One nation, one flag, one anthem. All American.

Hell, I hate the cop flags with blue lines etc. It all creates division. One flag, not a special cop flag, firefighter flag, black flag, gay flag, just the Red, White and Blue.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The ones raising holy hell are the citified Indians. The ones on the Rez are just trying to ph ucking survive. Hell most are Washington redskin fans on the reservations across this great country.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
The ones raising holy hell are the citified Indians. The ones on the Rez are just trying to ph ucking survive. Hell most are Washington redskin fans on the reservations across this great country.

I hate the redskins... More of a Pittsburgh steelers fan myself...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by SamOlson

It's about a 50/50 native/white mix and there hasn't been much for bad race relation drama.

Guess I've gotten into a couple minor pissing matches but for the most part there is a mutual respect.

Some are nice I guess, others are warring mother fu ckers.. Guess which one I am..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Which is exactly what they are. They are not "native" to N America, as human life did not originate on this continent.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

This was Teddy Roosevelt's stance on that.

I stand for straight Americanism unconditioned and unqualified, and I stand against every form of hyphenated Americanism. I do not speak of the hyphen when it is employed as a mere convenience, although personally, I like to avoid its use even in such manner. I speak and condemn its use whenever it represents an effort to form political parties along racial lines or to bring pressure to bear on parties and politicians, not for American purposes, but in the interest of some group of voters of a certain national origin, or of the country from which they or their fathers came.

Americanism is not a matter of creed, birthplace or national descent, but of the soul and of the spirit. If the American has the right stuff in him, I care not a snap of my fingers whether he is Jew or Gentile, Catholic or Protestant. I care not a snap of my fingers whether his ancestors came over in the Mayflower, or whether he was born, or his parents were born, in Germany, Ireland, France, England, Scandinavia, Russia or Italy or any other country. All I ask of the immigrant is that he shall be physically and intellectually fit, of sound character, and eager in good faith to become an American citizen. If the immigrant is of the right kind I am for him, and if the native American* is of the wrong kind I am against him….

….Now for our own citizens. We represent many different race strains. Our ancestors came from many different Old World nationalities. It will spell ruin to this nation if these nationalities remain separated from one another instead of being assimilated to the new and larger American life.

The children and our children’s children of all of us have to live here in this land together. Our children’s children will intermarry, one another, your children’s children, friends, and mine. Even if they wished, they could not remain citizens of foreign countries….The effort to keep our citizenship divided against itself by the use of the hyphen and along the lines of national origin is certain to breed a spirit of bitterness and prejudice and dislike between great bodies of our citizens.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Some are nice I guess, others are warring mother fu ckers.. Guess which one I am..

The gay kind?

MAGA
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (01Foreman400, 007FJ, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 62 invisible), 2,318 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,659
Posts18,455,662
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.