-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I went to my club last night. I caught 4 bluegills and chunked them up. I set 5 bank lines for catfish.

5 lines 5 cats running from 14 inches to 19 inches. We run feeders on the pond so the cats get big. I filleted them out and cut the fillets in half, they are in some cold salted water right now in the fridge. They gave some decent cheek medalions. I just fried them up in some butter and garlic and snacked on them for lunch.

Dinner is going to be good tonight!

Last edited by Armednfree; 07/05/20.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sounds good... cool smile !

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Sounds great!

What times dinner?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
So many good things to do with catfish...

I once quick smoked (maybe 30-40 minutes) some catfish fillets with a little lemon & cayenne infused compound butter, and hit them with a little remulade when they were done, and served them hot.
Got first place in the Cajun/New Orleans part of a KCBS/NEBS event, back maybe 15 years ago.
Worth a try if you like that kind of thing.

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I make a kind of creamy clam chowder with catfish chunks... damn good eating... assuming you get tired of "normal " recipes.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by CashisKing
I make a kind of creamy clam chowder with catfish chunks... damn good eating... assuming you get tired of "normal " recipes.

Yummy. Sounds good!

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Armednfree
I went to my club last night. I caught 4 bluegills and chunked them up. I set 5 bank lines for catfish.

5 lines 5 cats running from 14 inches to 19 inches. We run feeders on the pond so the cats get big. I filleted them out and cut the fillets in half, they are in some cold salted water right now in the fridge. They gave some decent cheek medalions. I just fried them up in some butter and garlic and snacked on them for lunch.

Well and good, but ....... did you make hush puppies?? Catfish ain't any good without fresh, hot hush puppies. grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Funny you mention 5 cats. I went out Friday to the Wisconsin River. The water was a bit high, however. I did manage 5 channel cats from 12" to 20" . I like to smoke them so I sprinkle salt on them over night and 5:30 AM I was smoking them. I went with a lower heat of about 160 degrees ave. for about 6 hours. They were quite smokey and salty. It seems that every time I smoke them , they turn out a bit different , but that is ok. I used Sonny's dip bait to catch them. I tend to catch little channel cats with dip bait , however, I did have one on that took my line when he headed back to the brush pile he came from.

Last edited by ihookem; 07/05/20.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

Well and good, but ....... did you make hush puppies?? Catfish ain't any good without fresh, hot hush puppies. grin

L.W.

Kind of. I run them through milk and eggs then to corn meal and flour. I just take the two after I'm done and mix them, toss in a minced onion. Then just fry decent size dough ball of it.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

L.W.

Kind of. I run them through milk and eggs then to corn meal and flour. I just take the two after I'm done and mix them, toss in a minced onion. Then just fry decent size dough ball of it.

Close enough. I love good hush puppies and haven't had any since the last time I visited my brother in Little Rock, Ark. When I visit, he takes me to a great place there for cat fish and hush puppies. Mighty good!

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Can’t wait to get back to Minnie-Soda in a couple weeks. Gonna catch me a mess of crappie with the grandkids and have us a fish fry... smile

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,915 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,357
Posts18,468,926
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.