Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
People need to stop being a "color" and start being Americans again.
Not going to happen

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

This would be nice.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
GM saw it coming and dropped Pontiac.

PONTIAC:

Poor Ole Ni qqer Thinks It’s A Cadillac

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not going to happen

Democrats-ala communists, are masters at divide and conquer. Democrat voters are stupid enough to fall for the con also. They can be bought with something as simple as an Obama phone.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Hastings
Not going to happen

Maybe there truly is fundamental differences that simply won't allow cultures to live amongst each other in peace.
Not sure of anywhere/anytime in history that it has worked on a large scale.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Divide and conquer ! That’s the leftist agenda.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by shawlerbrook
Divide and conquer ! That’s the leftist agenda.

It’s working.

Isolate Law Enforcement and render them impotent. Separate the populace from lawful protection. Turn populace against Law Enforcement .

Done deal.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Depending on how far this goes, the hurdle will be the rural areas. The protestors will do ok in the cities but have no chance in the rural areas. No food or water they can't make it two weeks. Look at New Orleans after Katrina. They'll eat their own within a month. Biggest problem we'll have is cleaning up the mess and the piles of bodies. Even that, an excavator digging trenches and a couple dozers pushing them in won't take long.

Most on here keep enough supplies to last 6 mos. Won't be an issue.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The Rez has never looked better.

We have all kinds of police and we all agree that we need them.

I love our local law enforcement.

But of course we are considered rural.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Depending on how far this goes, the hurdle will be the rural areas.

Jack, exactly.
(we were typing at the same time...)

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I believe communism was started this way once upon a time far away.......we are part of the problem if we aren't willing to stand up to the mainstream aggression.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I wish it was that easy. I have an older brother (Navajo) that my family fostered, more or less adopted. I've always liked him and thought he had a good head on his shoulders. Watching him be pro blm and the tearing down of statues has been hard. His hope is that the movement will move to native Americans.
A few years back there was discussion between my parents concerning their will. They asked how we felt the most fair way to do things were and we agreed him having a full share was the thing to do even though legally he wasn't family.
I just don't get why the very people that are hoping to spark change look outward and not inward. But then again people would rather blame than take responsibility.

Edit to add:
He does live in Oregon and his wife works for Nike. I can't help but think being surrounded by those two factors has shaped some of his way of thinking.

Last edited by Gledeasy; 07/05/20.
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
LMAO.

Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I'm quite happy to say that we don't have any issues here.

It's about a 50/50 native/white mix and there hasn't been much for bad race relation drama.

For whatever reason people here get along.

Guess I've gotten into a couple minor pissing matches but for the most part there is a mutual respect.

Some are nice I guess, others are warring mother fu ckers.. Guess which one I am..

The gay kind?

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
They may have to change the name of the Dallas Cowboys. Cowboys took the Indians land, right. And they were white. That should piss Jerry Jones off.

On another note our high school mascot is a cougar. Pisses all the old sluts off.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And while we're changing the names of everything; how about if BLM changes their name to " Burn,Loot,Murder" then they can keep the BLM initials and BLM shirts & flags, etc.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You will see more Redskins, Indians and Braves hats worn on reservations and Alaskan villages than anywhere else outside the teams' home stadiums. Your average Indian or Eskimo doesn't give a schitt about the use of a mascot in sports. They are actually a draw for fans of native descent.

Like any other group, Native America has its own race and poverty pimps that attended the Jesse Jackson School of Shakedown. They've seen the profits that can be made from the likes of Al Sharlatan and they're going after their slice.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tpcollins
What’s up with wanting to change nicknames of professional sports teams - Washington Redskins, Milwaukee Braves, Cleveland Indians?

Seems like more pussies are caving in.

I went to school in Tecumseh Mi, our nickname was the INDIANS. The town was named "in honor” of the Shawnee warrior Chief Tecumseh. The city of Clinton is 5 miles north - their nickname is the Redskins (nut jobs have tried to change that but failed).

I think this crap is getting out of hand. What if the MLK stature “offends” someone - would that statue be taken down? I’m kidding of course.

It sure looks like the inmates are running the asylum.

I guess i am not the one to answer this question given my family kind of hunted indians back a long time ago. evil white boy here

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Hubert
will we have to rename all the Tecumesh lawn mower engins ????

I've got a 1937 Pontiac coupe with an indian emblem on it and a 1957 Pontiac Star Chief and I ain't taking anything off of them.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hastings
Not going to happen

Maybe there truly is fundamental differences that simply won't allow cultures to live amongst each other in peace.
Not sure of anywhere/anytime in history that it has worked on a large scale.

Cultures perhaps.

Color (s) make not a spit of difference. (in my experience, all across this country, except the Deep South)

A person of any "color", adopting and adapting to a different culture can generally do well in that culture.

Grandpa came from Sicily and had the job as a young man of going to family gatherings and speaking only English. Telling the relatives they were in a new country and we speak English here. How did they expect to do business with the Irish ice man (yes, it was a long time ago), Jewish deli owner, German baker, Polish butcher, etc.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

This was Teddy Roosevelt's stance on that.

I stand for straight Americanism unconditioned and unqualified, and I stand against every form of hyphenated Americanism. I do not speak of the hyphen when it is employed as a mere convenience, although personally, I like to avoid its use even in such manner. I speak and condemn its use whenever it represents an effort to form political parties along racial lines or to bring pressure to bear on parties and politicians, not for American purposes, but in the interest of some group of voters of a certain national origin, or of the country from which they or their fathers came.

Americanism is not a matter of creed, birthplace or national descent, but of the soul and of the spirit. If the American has the right stuff in him, I care not a snap of my fingers whether he is Jew or Gentile, Catholic or Protestant. I care not a snap of my fingers whether his ancestors came over in the Mayflower, or whether he was born, or his parents were born, in Germany, Ireland, France, England, Scandinavia, Russia or Italy or any other country. All I ask of the immigrant is that he shall be physically and intellectually fit, of sound character, and eager in good faith to become an American citizen. If the immigrant is of the right kind I am for him, and if the native American* is of the wrong kind I am against him….

….Now for our own citizens. We represent many different race strains. Our ancestors came from many different Old World nationalities. It will spell ruin to this nation if these nationalities remain separated from one another instead of being assimilated to the new and larger American life.

The children and our children’s children of all of us have to live here in this land together. Our children’s children will intermarry, one another, your children’s children, friends, and mine. Even if they wished, they could not remain citizens of foreign countries….The effort to keep our citizenship divided against itself by the use of the hyphen and along the lines of national origin is certain to breed a spirit of bitterness and prejudice and dislike between great bodies of our citizens.

Hey jack,

some here don't like this Roosevelt either. He was, after all, .......................................................a Progressive. wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
658 members (257Bob, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 78 invisible), 2,930 guests, and 1,397 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,443
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.