Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Fiction is more prolific that fact... EVERYWHERE.

As a boy growing up I couldn't understand why anybody would enjoy reading fiction. I was obsessed about knowing factual things, how to tie a fishing knot, the best way to track a deer, what PSI concrete and what reinforcement pattern was necessary for a footing etc.

I never understood fiction as a young man.

As my factual knowledge grew, and Collegiate continued to force fiction upon me... it became clear that escapism is most important to a vast majority of people.

I have always been a maker, I know no other way, it has cost me dearly in my life. I do not claim victimhood in this status, but for certain I am a minority.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by steve4102
You're fine, the whole Kung-Flu thing is a bunch of over blown bull schit.

If Obama or Clinton were in the White House, we prolly would have never even heard about it.

Carry on.

Truer words have never been spoken!!

Retired and Loving It!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You increased your imminent risk of getting the crud.

People can show covid cells for some time after the symptoms leave.
Are they contagious? Heck if I know.

Personally, I would have went, and been a bit careful.

No mask, no paranoia. Just maybe not directly face each other across the
table?

Honestly, I believe you are either going to get it, or have had it. Or, possibly you
have the ability to fight it. But that leads back to have had it?

Foolhardy!
No, it appears you thought about it and made a decision.

Here is the rub.
Everyone is born, and dies.
Everything you do is risky.
Sitting on the couch in your underware is doing something, and will avoid most accidents.
But, it leads to disease. And early death.

You make your choices and take your risks.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by 257Deland
Originally Posted by steve4102
You're fine, the whole Kung-Flu thing is a bunch of over blown bull schit.

If Obama or Clinton were in the White House, we prolly would have never even heard about it.

Carry on.

Truer words have never been spoken!!

Its almost as if people think this is only happening in the US. I really don't think that the rest of the planet would have been hush hush about dealing with it had Obama been in office. Of course, Obama and Hillary both would have taken it seriously and would not being taking advice from a moronic son in law whose only interest is how he can make a dollar off of it. As a result of taking advice from scientists like every other country on the planet. it would have never gotten this bad and we would not be banned from entering other countries right now. The US is a leper colony.

Last edited by JimFromTN; 07/06/20.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Gotta be a carpetbagger- - - - - -a "Tennesseean" spewing bullscheist like that can't be native-born!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by CashisKing
A very good friend of mine had the Coronavirus. A full-on case of it. Fever and flu-like symptoms etc.. he has been recovered for two-plus weeks now.

Went by to see him 2 days ago. We visited for a few hours and drank a 2-3 beers together. Neither of us wearing masks or being especially careful around one another.

If you think this behaviour was foolhardy please tell me why in specific detail.

If you feel this behavior was perfectly normal... as do I, please explain to me in specific detail as to why.

I am looking for specific facts... NOT emotional responses.

Empirical reasoning only please. Thank you kindly for your thoughts.

Don't care either way.

Thats sorta where I am at too.

Next he will ask us Fruity Pebbles or Cocoa Pebbles.

I am MAGA.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by JSTUART
A very good friend of mine had the Coronavirus. A full-on case of it. Fever and flu-like symptoms etc.. he has been recovered for two-plus weeks now.

Went by to see him 2 days ago. We visited for a few hours and drank a 2-3 beers together. Neither of us wearing masks or being especially careful around one another.

If you think this behaviour was foolhardy please tell me why in specific detail.

If you feel this behavior was perfectly normal... as do I, please explain to me in specific detail as to why.

Don't care either way.

Thats sorta where I am at too.

Next he will ask us Fruity Pebbles or Cocoa Pebbles.

Another "I don't care" for the drama queens.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L

Just ran today's Alaska stats. Check my math if you wish. some # rounded. My stutter fingers are not guaranteed.....

732K population

12K tests (not people) = 16%

1138 positive = .155 % of total population. 9% of total tests run - again not people tested, as some have had multiples. If half the people who have it don't know it, that's .3% to date, Regular epidemic, it is.....

16 deaths = .002% of total population, or .01% of tests run. Scary - not.

More than half are from non-resident seasonal workers (fishing) if I am reading ADN charts right. ADN is a rag, but their Covid info does not require ad blocker disabling, or subscription... Check it yourself.

CLOSE THE BORDERS. LOCK YOUR DOORS. PULL THE SHADES. WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!

Eventually, I guess.

Last edited by las; 07/06/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
701 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 71 invisible), 3,036 guests, and 1,431 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,680
Posts18,399,622
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.