24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
I spent 2 days trying to fix windows 10 search box and other issues , finally this video instruction helped :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OFLuAnaNtI

BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I know I am flogging a deceased equine, but Win 10 owns your computer, your data, and your time. You don't.

You can get it all back with Linux.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I know I am flogging a deceased equine, but Win 10 owns your computer, your data, and your time. You don't.

You can get it all back with Linux.

ii know i have 3 PC-s and one mac.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The latest Windows 10/Edge update is causing issues with Chrome browsers, the Edge update can't be undone.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordon...-problems-for-chrome-users/#276a48ff32af

Making the eye-catching render issues on macOS seem quaint, Google has confirmed that since Microsoft’s massive Windows 10 ‘May 2020’ update Chrome can no longer keep users signed-in, sync data, store cookies, remember passwords or third party extension data - sometimes deleting the extension completely. Moreover, Google saw this coming two months ago.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
https://www.express.co.uk/life-styl...hrome-warning-Windows-10-frustrating-bug

While those who installed the Windows 10 May 2020 update were hit by an annoying problem which caused Chrome to repeatedly sign users out of their accounts.

And now, hot on the heels of these issues, Google Chrome fans running Windows 10 have to deal with another frustrating bug.

This latest glitch affects Chromium-based browsers such as Microsoft Edge and the Brave Browser as well as Chrome.

The bug affects those that have the AdBlock Plus browser extension installed and causes issues when watching videos on YouTube.

As reported on in a post by Bleeping Computer, those that have the AdBlock (Plus) or Adblock for YouTube extensions have been receiving error messages on YouTube.

This issue can crop up when these users try to watch a YouTube video, with a message appearing that says: "An error occurred.

"Please try again later. (Playback ID: [video_id])."

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Squidge
https://www.express.co.uk/life-styl...hrome-warning-Windows-10-frustrating-bug

While those who installed the Windows 10 May 2020 update were hit by an annoying problem which caused Chrome to repeatedly sign users out of their accounts.

And now, hot on the heels of these issues, Google Chrome fans running Windows 10 have to deal with another frustrating bug.

This latest glitch affects Chromium-based browsers such as Microsoft Edge and the Brave Browser as well as Chrome.

The bug affects those that have the AdBlock Plus browser extension installed and causes issues when watching videos on YouTube.

As reported on in a post by Bleeping Computer, those that have the AdBlock (Plus) or Adblock for YouTube extensions have been receiving error messages on YouTube.

This issue can crop up when these users try to watch a YouTube video, with a message appearing that says: "An error occurred.

"Please try again later. (Playback ID: [video_id])."

That explains a bunch, thank you!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It is just sad that so many Windows users are like battered wives: they know they are being abused but they are afraid to leave what they're used to.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
It is just sad that so many Windows users are like battered wives: they know they are being abused but they are afraid to leave what they're used to.

i feel violated

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You have been violated, pd. Microsoft has become Big Brother - and Apple is no better.

You just spent two days trying to fix something they thrust upon you and won't let you remove. In less than two hours you could be free of that tyranny.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Un-install cortana. Then use firefox or just use linux.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Un-install cortana. Then use firefox or just use linux.

You Can’t Uninstall Cortana. Through registry hacks and a few other tweaks it can be totally disabled, but not uninstalled.

Swifty
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
If what I read is correct, MS will re-enable Cortana as soon as it detects what you've done.The only way to truly own and control your computer is to get rid of Windows.

Once again, you can load the version of Linux you might like onto a USB stick, boot to the stick and try Linux as much as you like without installing it. For those willing to see, I heartily recommend Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon. If you need help, just ask.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have to support Windows 10 at work for a whole mfg plant. I have no choices at work. Everything comes from the Enterprise IT.

At home, I'm on Ubuntu Linux, and have been since 2016. It's SOOOO much better for my uses.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
712 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 222ND, 74 invisible), 2,788 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,630
Posts18,398,794
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.