Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Two small planes collided over the lake Sunday.
One a Cesna 206.
Eight believed Dead.
Two found.

Sunk to 127 feet.
Just about the limit for recreational divers.

Reuters

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
BP-B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Saw that last night and it is on TV now.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Tourists?
Or plane rides?

-OMotS

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Yeah, it was on the news this am... Sincere condolences offered to the families involved..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
206, that’s a 6 passenger can

Likely a tourist outfitter

Any mention what the other aircraft was?

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
How in the fugg does schit like that happen????

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Betting it was a severe clear day.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
One in a million freak accident.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cessna 206 and a De Havilland Beaver - ugly - local folks said lots of flying in the areas that day.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by renegade50
How in the fugg does schit like that happen????

You sonovabitch !!!!!

“Nana to tower control, One Little Indian, comin in for a landing”

IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
It may be months, if ever, they recover all the bodies. Cold lake, thermoclines. I used to swim in it, and even surface waters stayed cold all summer ong.

FIL plane, over 40 years ago now, had oil changed there in his Cherokee6 retractable. Mechanic put in plug for the non-retractable gear model -elephant ears on it, which broke when the gear came up, Oil pressure went to zero, turned back, didn't make it back to the airport, ditched in lake. FiIL lasted long enough for the boats to get there.

About 90 days before MIL recovered. They could see her on sonar at about 60 feet, but the divers could never find her. Eventually did, after many tries.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by las
It may be months, if ever, they recover all the bodies. Cold lake, thermoclines. I used to swim in it, and even surface waters stayed cold all summer ong.

FIL plane, over 40 years ago now, had oil changed there in his Cherokee6 retractable. Mechanic put in plug for the non-retractable gear model -elephant ears on it, which broke when the gear came up, Oil pressure went to zero, turned back, didn't make it back to the airport, ditched in lake. FiIL lasted long enough for the boats to get there.

About 90 days before MIL recovered. They could see her on sonar at about 60 feet, but the divers could never find her. Eventually did, after many tries.

Damn dude, that’s sad. My condolences... frown

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by las

I heard that story many years ago from an A&P... had no idea of any connections to AK.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Pugs
Cessna 206 and a De Havilland Beaver - ugly - local folks said lots of flying in the areas that day.

Last few years have been hard on Beavers.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I
Originally Posted by las

I don’t know where you’re getting your dive information but 127ft is nothing really and the cold is just an inconvenience for a professional. A professional recovery crew can and will be all over the wreckage in a few hours. Nothing particularly dangerous about the recovery.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
I
Originally Posted by las

I don’t know where you’re getting your dive information but 127ft is nothing really and the cold is just an inconvenience for a professional. A professional recovery crew can and will be all over the wreckage in a few hours. Nothing particularly dangerous about the recovery.

basically correct,
i have dove in a long time but even me i think one time made it to 120feet, for maybe a minute.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L

I was there....In-laws made it out of the plane before it sank- basically un-injured.. I was there (from my remote Interior Alaska cabin) 3 or 4 days later when they pulled the plane up on the ramp. FAA guy cracked the cowling, looked at the oil plug, and said "That's it, then".

Apparently free-floating bodies in cold water don't bloat well and are harder to recover than a metal aircraft.

I was assuming that not all the people would still be in the aircraft. No problem with recovery if they are.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
I
Originally Posted by las

basically correct,
i have dove in a long time but even me i think one time made it to 120feet, for maybe a minute.

40 years ago? Did this more sparsely populated area 40 years ago have that kind of equipment and training? Maybe they did on Pend O'reille at the naval installation. Maybe they didn't.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by las

Talk in to me or las?
'Cause I
Said: " recreational dive limits"
Agree not a big deal for pros.
Might lead to stupid in rec divers though...

-OMotS

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I was fishing the lake about a mile away on my boat.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
645 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12308300, 55 invisible), 3,120 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,741
Posts18,401,179
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.