Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by PJGunner

That was her big mistake. She should have stayed in the car all called the cops.
Paul B.

The fact that there might, in your judgment, have been better approaches to the problem presented to this couple doesn't necessarily mean that this woman was in the wrong.

Yep. Too bad it doesn't and won't matter. If a police officer did the same, would that officer be sanctioned or charged? Is there really one set of rules for all?

This may come as a surprise to you, but cops and the citizenry play by different rules. Did you know that cops can pull you over and write tickets for driving infractions?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Feeling threatened isn't enough to justify deadly force (which didn't occur here anyway). For deadly force, your belief that you were threatened must be perceived as reasonable by the standard of the ordinary prudent person, putting themselves in your shoes at that moment. Also, the threat needs to be severe, i.e., to life or limb. The threat must also have been of imminent harm, not harm ten minutes from now, or if you do this or that.

Now we need to address whether those same standards should apply to a threatening display of a gun, and I don't think they should. Seems to me that the totality of the situation justified the gun's threatening display. The blacks were determined to raise a simple disagreement (which they manufactured themselves with the White couple) to the level where some sort of violence would result, so they could harm one or both of them, even extending to placing their bodies in the way of their car as they sought to escape the situation. That could be interpreted as False Imprisonment, which by itself justifies sufficient force to defeat it.

You started off well, but finish off in the
rediculous category.

You could have looked a lot less stupid ...😂

Would he have looked less stupid if he knew how to spell ridiculous?

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I’m not in any way suggesting that the woman was right to pull her gun.

What I am suggesting is that this was an intentional provocation to see what they could get away with, going after whitey.

That they got more than they bargained for is beside the point. They’re lucky she didn’t shoot one of them. Besides, the story end’s better this way.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
What kind of country are we living in when you can't stuff your barrel in the face of people who get on your damn nerves?

Damn, you made me laugh !!

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

614 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,047 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,258
Posts18,448,140
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.