S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Sorry for your loss! Cancer SUCKS

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A cousin's husband is dealing with pancreatic cancer now. She has plenty to deal with already from a physical standpoint and this is not what she needed. He was diagnosed about 8 weeks ago.

Sorry for your loss.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Brother, I am really sorry. Yes, fuukk cancer.

Dre Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
A cousin's husband is dealing with pancreatic cancer now. She has plenty to deal with already from a physical standpoint and this is not what she needed. He was diagnosed about 8 weeks ago.

Sorry for your loss.

Thank you sir.
Mom was stage 4 when they found it.
Did an emergency surgery on her small intestine so she can eat again.
Mom didn’t do chemotherapy as she wanted quality of life over quantity.
They told her she’ll have 2 good months after the surgery and no more than 6 months all together. We have family and friends flying in on this Friday. We were to do a thanksgiving dinner, now it will be something different.

Not sure how those months turned into weeks, but they did.
The last 3 days I just kept on dosing her up on liquid morphine hoping she’s not in pain and end it for her.

It goes fast and hard. Spend as much quality time as you can Together

Last edited by Dre; 07/06/20.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
IC B2

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lung cancer took my father in 2013. Hard way to go.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dre, it’s a tuff road for all. Maybe worse for the family and friends than the departed. It’s a road I’ve traveled both ways, many times... there are no words that soften the blow. Try to keep your chin up.

DD

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. My mother died in 1981, complications of cancer. I still miss her.

Best wishes for you and your family.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dre - I am sorry. You did so well by your Mom and I hope you are able to find some consolation day by day. A beloved younger family member here is fighting a tough battle against colon cancer and our family understands what you are feeling.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dre, Sorry for your loss. It's not good.

In 1985 my mom passed from cancer, she was fifty years young. It also got all of her siblings 8 total.

This week marks a year of my brother in law passing. Cancer got him too.

Too many people gone to soon.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Dre sorry for your loss.It will be 2 yrs the 13th of Aug when my wife of 31 1/2 yrs passed from cancer and I still say it every day "Cancer Sucks" dont know if it does any good but it makes me fell better. I will be thinking of yall tonight.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Sorry for your loss. Lost my dad in ‘95 to pancreatic cancer. He lasted 6 months. Lost about 100# in that time. Your mom was lucky to be able to spend the time with you and not just suffer needlessly while it ate her. Keep your head up and look back fondly on the memories before she was ill.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I lost my grandfather to pancreatic cancer. It is truly a monster of monsters. Prayers on the way for you and your family.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Sad indeed. Prayers for your family. I suspect cancer has touched every one on the fire.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Sorry for your loss.
A couple months ago I got up to take a leak. Upon peeing I peed pure blood. I called the ER as covid was getting momentum. They said I need to come in which I did.
Several test and CT they said they could not find anything and sent me home.
A couple hours later a doctor called me and said they made a mistake. I had cancer in my left kidney.
I went to a urologist later in the morning. He told me the kidney needed removed immediately.
Six weeks later I had my kidney removed. Now I’m down to one kidney and it’s not working at 100%. They said it was working well enough for now.
It’s amazing how fast your health can flip.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Found out I had cancer last August. Started chemo in Oct.....after 11 weeks of hell and 30#s, they had to stop the chemo...said it was killing me faster than the cancer....gained some weight back and had a mastectomy in January.,...yes men get breast cancer!...then got 25 radiation dosed....and started another round of super chemo that had "no side effects"....right ...someone forgot to tell my body that....after 4 treatments of 14 had to stop that.....we will see what comes next......yes it sucks.....lost my mother to it in 1994....she went in 2 weeks of hell with me at her side telling her to let go. I was/am fortunate......so far so good.....say it again...

CANCER SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for your loss...bdt.....may she RIP.....her pain is gone but ours will always remain.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Prayers from Colorado to the OP, and all of you that have had to deal with this scourge.

Same boat here, plenty of impact over the years. Grandfather and grandmother lost, sister a recent survivor... Other friends and family.

Nasty fugging disease.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Sorry for your loss Dre. Right now I have a few friends that are dealing with it. It's evil as far as I'm concerned. Prayers from Idaho.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Sorry for your loss. We lost our only child to cancer 9 years ago. My heart goes out to you brother.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Sorry for your loss. I call it “the beast”. I’ve dealt with it personally for the last couple of years and it’s tough to hear your name or a loved one’s name associated with the beast.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 73 invisible), 2,614 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,887
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.