OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S

Share on Reddit
Share via Email

Kemp to deploy 1,000 National Guard troops after violent weekend
POLITICS 1 hour ago
By Greg Bluestein, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Gov. Brian Kemp will deploy as many as 1,000 Georgia National Guard troops to protect state buildings in Atlanta on Monday following a burst of violence across the city that left four dead, including an 8-year-old girl, and saw the ransacking of the headquarters of the Georgia State Patrol.

Kemp, a Republican, issued the emergency order after threatening late Sunday to “take action” to curb the unrest in Atlanta if Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms failed to do so, a move that highlighted the complicated, and increasingly tense, relationship between two of the state’s most prominent politicians.The National Guard troops will be dispatched to three locations in the city: The state Capitol, which has been the focus of protests over statues of segregationists and Civil War leaders; the Governor’s Mansion in Buckhead; and the recently-vandalized Department of Public Safety building in southeast Atlanta.

.“Peaceful protests were hijacked by criminals with a dangerous, destructive agenda. Now, innocent Georgians are being targeted, shot, and left for dead,” said Kemp. “This lawlessness must be stopped and order restored in our capital city.”

The governor’s aides earlier Monday said his emergency powers grant him the authority to deploy Georgia National Guard troops to Atlanta’s streets. He took that step in late May, after widespread looting and violence, at Bottoms' request.The mayor did not immediately address Kemp’s decision but issued her own plea to residents to end the violence. At least 93 people were shot in Atlanta between May 31 – roughly when the George Floyd protests began – and June 27. That’s roughly double the number from the same span a year ago.

"This random wild, Wild West shoot-‘em-up because you can, has gotta stop. It has to stop,” she said after the violent weekend.

BP-B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Better late than never.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Are they allowed to have ammo in their firearms ... hope so

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 66niteowl

The Kentucky National Guard was called out to the Louisville race riots in 1968. I had a couple of neighbors who went, and they were sent out with rifles that were NOT loaded, which was what they were ordered to do. One of the neighbors, who probably stole at least one of everything the Guard had, had took some ammo with him, and passed it out to his buddies. One of the guys told me later, that it sure felt good knowing he had a chance to shoot back if fired upon.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As long as HotLanta has a primarily negro population, has a negro mayor and government, things are not going to change.

Sam......

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
As long as HotLanta has a primarily negro population, has a negro mayor and government, things are not going to change.

Same way all across the country. They simply do not have the ability to govern themselves.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Atlanta mayor just announced she has come down with Corona.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Or, at least the test showed that she did. 4 unused swabs were sent in to Texas lab, and those came back positive. So, it's a crapshoot

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by KenMi
Or, at least the test showed that she did. 4 unused swabs were sent in to Texas lab, and those came back positive. So, it's a crapshoot

Sent to Texas.

Isn’t the CDC headquartered in Atlanta?

ETA:
Grins

Last edited by Old_Toot; 07/06/20.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by 66niteowl

The Kentucky National Guard was called out to the Louisville race riots in 1968. I had a couple of neighbors who went, and they were sent out with rifles that were NOT loaded, which was what they were ordered to do. One of the neighbors, who probably stole at least one of everything the Guard had, had took some ammo with him, and passed it out to his buddies. One of the guys told me later, that it sure felt good knowing he had a chance to shoot back if fired upon.

during the WATTS riots had unloaded weapons too. although it was available in a central location.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
IC B3

D
D
What a useless pile of [bleep] Mayor Big Bottoms is. Children being killed in the streets and the governor has to step in and do her job. This is a slap in the face that she will have to shirk away and hide from. She has the blood of children on her hands. She should be forced to resign. If you live in Atlanta and voted for her or allow her to remain in office YOU are complicit in this murder.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Gov. Stacy Abrams?

LOL!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
D
D
Originally Posted by ironbender
Gov. Stacy Abrams?

LOL!

No , that fat pig is not the Governor.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by DudeInGA
Gov. Stacy Abrams?

LOL!

I’m aware jerry. That’s why it’s funny.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by DudeInGA
Gov. Stacy Abrams?

LOL!

I’m aware jerry. That’s why it’s funny.

But she came within 2% of beling elected governor. What's wrong with voters now?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I have never been a rioter, or do I plan to be.

As to unloaded weapons, the idiots doing the rioting don't necessary know that?

Doing riot control training, and we did not get called to do any, thankfully, in the US Army Reserve in 68, or 69, the bad summers. Even with the covers on a bayonets, a trained team of stomping soldiers, bayonets fixed in, "V" formation is a chilling experience.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
We trained, in, '73, with weapons - and 36" riot batons. Wouldn't want to be in front of a phalanx of soldiers, so armed, and moving forward!
T'would hurt!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Atlanta mayor just announced she has come down with Corona.

That's what she gets for sucking face with rioters...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I was stationed with the National Guard in Florida City after Hurricane Andrew decimated Miami. We were allowed ammo, but the also deployed 82nd Airborne, being Federal troops, were not. Some bright reporter mentioned that in a story that was printed in the local newspaper. Within a week, they were robbed at gunpoint of several M4 rifles, Beretta M9 pistols, and even a SAW machine gun.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
after the infamous blue & gray HQ got vandalized (fire-bombed) on sat. nite i suspect there's some po'd state leaders. the big cities have grown too large to manage. but they still want more voters, illegal or not. and prefer black female mayors.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
652 members (01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 72 invisible), 2,839 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,654
Posts18,399,200
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.