Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

New Holland self propelled chopper, $650,000.

That dealer sells one every two years, New Holland makes 35 a year.

Want to be a dairy farmer, or big cattle feeder?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
BP-B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Cool.....please describe the depreciation benefits........before you look like a frigg'ing midwestern moron.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Y'all bought one, Richard?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That can put a little more corn in the pile than the old 3 Row Pull type my uncle used on his dairy. Likely a few more horsepower too.

He had a custom crew come in one year with a big Claus. 12 rows. You had to run to keep up. They’d fill a semi in a matter of a couple minutes.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
New farm machinery has gotten too pricey for me. I bought one new tractor, a 5600 Ford back around 1978. Back then, they were halfway affordable, not so any more.

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Me, buy one? laugh Jake is having bad time with his hay cutter. We were at the dealership asking questions.
It's rare to see that big a machine running in the field, let alone new on a lot. I asked the salesman about it.

I'm sure that price is without heads.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I honestly don't think you could pay for that as a custom harvester unless you were in an area with a lot of dairy farms. I priced a new tractor the other day. Think I'll keep looking for that 4440 that has a lot of life left.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LJBass
I honestly don't think you could pay for that as a custom harvester unless you were in an area with a lot of dairy farms. I priced a new tractor the other day. Think I'll keep looking for that 4440 that has a lot of life left.

My neighbors have a nice 4630 for sale.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
So, you are indeed a nothing burger.

Originally Posted by wabigoon
Me, buy one? laugh Jake is having bad time with his hay cutter. We were at the dealership asking questions.
It's rare to see that big a machine running in the field, let alone new on a lot. I asked the salesman about it.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

I'm sure it is.

Case dealer here sold one. I guess the red version.

They were delivering it to the farmer, along with a custom made 20 row header spaced exactly like the farmer wanted.

Some city slicker was texting and hit the header with his crappy car as it was being towed on a trailer down the highway. eek

Messed that header up pretty bad... I was looking at it, and the Case dealer manager was beside me. I thought he was gonna cry. Not enough time to get a new header before harvest.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I am keeping my new New Holland pretty busy. smile

Just got done pulling huisache trees on a ranch for a client. Pulled all of them. Thousands.

Probably have 50 burn piles of trees on that ranch now.

Have another ranch waiting to be done.

Lined up for shredding too.

I'm not going to hire help... I'm not going to hire help... I'm not going to hire help... I'm not going to hire help... shocked

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
That grass looks nice, and green Barry.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I am keeping my new New Holland pretty busy. smile

Just got done pulling huisache trees on a ranch for a client. Pulled all of them. Thousands.

Probably have 50 burn piles of trees on that ranch now.

Have another ranch waiting to be done.

Lined up for shredding too.

I'm not going to hire help... I'm not going to hire help... I'm not going to hire help... I'm not going to hire help... shocked

You better hire some help Barry. I might do some shredding to be.able to fish that catfish pond! 😉

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
That grass looks nice, and green Barry.

That was last week. Wife took those pics...

It sure needs to rain again. 100 degree days and a stiff wind is like putting a blow dryer on the country. Grass is starting to dry up and turn brown again now. frown

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
I bought a 1066 new in 1972, a new combine in 1977. Since then all used. Jake has the machinery now, I just tag along, and beg a toy now, and then.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Texczech

You better hire some help Barry. I might do some shredding to be.able to fish that catfish pond! 😉

I could sure use help from time to time!

Man those fish are huge!

Was feeding the cows earlier, and drove by the pond, and they musta thought I was gonna feed them too!

I'll have to take some pics when I feed them next time. wink

Come on down. I'll help ya catch a few!

Bring stout tackle and braided line...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by LJBass

My neighbors have a nice 4630 for sale.

I think that is to big to have the 540 pto. Pretty sure the 46 and up is 1000 only.... Besides, i'm putting all my pennies in my scrooge mcduckian vault right now. Getting close enough to being debt free again, better motivation that replacing the old IH.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER

Says the douchebag that goes thread to thread talking schit for no other reason than to satisfy some pathetic need for constant self aggrandizing behavior.
You're a miserable prick. Pity your wife and kids, bet they take the abuse daily.

Wabi posts a picture of a seldom seen piece of equipment that would be of interest to some folks. That really gets you stirred up?

Last edited by jackmountain; 07/06/20.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Spot on.

Originally Posted by jackmountain

Says the douchebag that goes thread to thread talking schit for no other reason than to satisfy some pathetic need for constant self aggrandizing behavior.
You're a miserable prick. Pity your wife and kids, bet they take the abuse daily.

Wabi posts a picture of a seldom seen piece of equipment that would be of interest to some folks. That really gets you stirred up?

Last edited by MIKEWERNER; 07/07/20. Reason: being a troll

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by jackmountain

I got to agree with jackmountain here. Don't understand some who post here anymore. But I guess I should be more appreciable of the time that the Trolls and anti-Christians take to respond to every thread anymore, keep up the good work.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
276 members (257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 10Glocks, 23 invisible), 1,794 guests, and 938 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,943
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.