Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
SBTCO Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Something to think about the next time you come home, or hear a bump in the night.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good training.

I considered their lifetime membership at one point .
Never had the privilege of training with them though.
Looking back, it's very useful information. Most of us are going to come home one day and wonder why our door is wide open. Questions that should be asked if you arrive home to an open door:

Did I get in a hurry running late for work this morning and forget to pull the door all the way until it latched?

Are there any vehicles near the property, or behind the house?

Any lights on through the windows?

Can I see through the windows without entering?

If someone broke in, should I clear by myself or call family or friends and wait?

Should I call the police?

Should I call a family member and ask them to listen while I clear? Instructing him to call police and ambulance if he hears shots or if I alert.

A few scenarios have occurred over the years....

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 07/06/20.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I’m not military or law-enforcement, but I practiced here in my house one time when I knew there was no one there. If I thought somebody was in my house, and I did not have any family members in there, I would back out and call the police.

Last edited by keith_dunlap; 07/07/20.

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm more interested in how to defend against someone trying to clear me out of my house!

Politics is War by Other Means
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Took that training there myself, well worth the while. Also did live actor versions with simunitions. Some of the best training money I have spent.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
It's a good video and worth the 20 minutes to watch it. Maybe I missed it, but why didn't Larry do a tactical reload somewhere along the way? I would have put a full mag in half way through the course.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I attended Gunsite in April of 1981. Learned a lot. Went through that building practicing "room clearing," etc. This was just after Chuck Taylor left and Clint Smith was hired by Cooper to take his place.

I am the extremely handsome young man on Cooper's right. grin The gentleman on Cooper's left was a friend from Oregon. For what it's worth, Cooper was wearing his Colt Govt. Model in a Yaqui Slide by Milt Sparks. Had it on every day of the course.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Good training. Met some interesting people there going through the classes.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
It's a good video and worth the 20 minutes to watch it. Maybe I missed it, but why didn't Larry do a tactical reload somewhere along the way? I would have put a full mag in half way through the course.

Tactical reload at 18:20

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
I’m not military or law-enforcement, but I practiced here in my house one time when I knew there was no one there. If I thought somebody was in my house, and I did not have any family members in there, I would back out and call the police.

yep. Like all training and skills you have to constantly train to develop these skills. The vast majority don't have time, money, facilities to do this.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Thanks NV. I missed that.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
cleared the house a few times for training and a few times for real when arriving home to an open door. got trained in doing such by uncle sam so aware of the danger going solo, but calling cops for every hinky arrival is not going to fly.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sit in the vehicle with your weapon in hand and blow the horn. Crackheads run like roaches dropping your chit when they see you presenting your weapon. Call the po po, they track them through the corn field back to the trailer. They dindo nuffin. Call insurance lady and they replace the busted tv.
That's how it works here anyway.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
There's a distinct difference between home defense and offense.
Trying to clear a home in your boxers at zero dark thirty because you "might" have heard "something" is a quick way to get killed by multiple perps who are wide awake, amped on adrenaline and pretty dang sure what they are going to do if confronted.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"Distance is your friend" there's a takeaway from that video tks.

If I came home to an open door and had the luxury of time, I'd back off some considerable distance where I could still see the door and wait. Especially if I lived in a house with no immediate neighbors.

I'd be really interested in Mr. Wilkinson's (??) diet and exercise regime, he looks to be im much better shape than most guys his age.

I think ya gotta be really trusting to follow a student shooting live ammo in different directions like that.

Finally, the "fun house" concept I believe was pioneered in the 1930's by William Ewart Fairbairn while in the Shanghai Municipal Police.

Here's his book on pdf, get it while you still can, it always surprises me that its still up for free.

http://patriotresistance.homestead.com/FMFRP12-81-ShootingToLive-January1990.pdf

Skip to page 38 for the interesting "Advanced Training" methods smile

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by ringworm
Trying to clear a home in your boxers at zero dark thirty because you "might" have heard "something" is a quick way to get killed by multiple perps who are wide awake, amped on adrenaline and pretty dang sure what they are going to do if confronted.

I sure wish I had a crystal ball issued to me.

That way I would know there were multiple people. They were amped up on adrenaline, (apparently such things only work for one side), their alertness level, and the degree of commitment they have to whatever they are doing when confronted by an armed homeowner.

Also since these things only happen at zero dark thirty, and when I am wearing boxers, nobody should be proactive, and get training that might effect a positive outcome. Instead they should just hide out while their kids scream for help, or other such wonderful pleasantries.

God forbid people actually get some training.

Waiting on the police to protect you is a much smarter idea..

Don't worry, those peaceful protesters have assured the city leaders that they mean the occupants of these buildings and vehicles no harm..

GMAFB crazy

Here is a reality check.

You don't get the fight you want. You get the fight you get.

I have said it here before. Fights can be like a gift from a stranger. You have no idea what you are going to get. You simply have to unwrap it and deal with it.

The odds might be stacked against you, but you don't have a choice. They might not, though rarely are situations that you find yourself suddenly in, stacked in your favor. You simply have to unwrap it and deal with it.

This is why training (such as in the video) is important.

The more skill sets you have, the more options you have.

Knowing how to be methodical in your search methods when time allows, and fast and violent when it does not, are all good skill sets to have and they take practice.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I'd be really interested in Mr. Wilkinson's (??) diet and exercise regime, he looks to be im much better shape than most guys his age.

He rides a bike.......... grin

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by ringworm

I sure wish I had a crystal ball issued to me.

That way I would know there were multiple people. They were amped up on adrenaline, (apparently such things only work for one side), their alertness level, and the degree of commitment they have to whatever they are doing when confronted by an armed homeowner.

Also since these things only happen at zero dark thirty, and when I am wearing boxers, nobody should be proactive, and get training that might effect a positive outcome. Instead they should just hide out while their kids scream for help, or other such wonderful pleasantries.

God forbid people actually get some training.

Waiting on the police to protect you is a much smarter idea..

Don't worry, those peaceful protesters have assured the city leaders that they mean the occupants of these buildings and vehicles no harm..

GMAFB crazy

Here is a reality check.

You don't get the fight you want. You get the fight you get.

I have said it here before. Fights can be like a gift from a stranger. You have no idea what you are going to get. You simply have to unwrap it and deal with it.

The odds might be stacked against you, but you don't have a choice. They might not, though rarely are situations that you find yourself suddenly in, stacked in your favor. You simply have to unwrap it and deal with it.

This is why training (such as in the video) is important.

The more skill sets you have, the more options you have.

Knowing how to be methodical in your search methods when time allows, and fast and violent when it does not, are all good skill sets to have and they take practice.

Well. And then there is my pal Mac with all sorts of real world talk

Personally ..I'm not taking the time to put on pants...I'm bucking my gun belt and tallying ho...so to speak with my tally whacker flapping in the fan breeze.....surprise Mutha F$&#er.... Mac is right. You get the fight you get...and you'd be damned surprised just how alert you can wake up when hear noises when you shouldn't hear them.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
There's nothing downstairs worth getting in a gunfight over, and everything upstairs is worth getting into a gunfight over.

My plan is to call for backup and keep any noises or perps downstairs until backup comes.

If it takes overly long, or I think help isn't coming and the noises aren't leaving with out a fight, I may go downstairs, but only if there other way to get the family to safety.

Getting into a gunfight over items that are covered by my homeowner's insurance seems to be foolish.

Now, if my people are held hostage, or in real threat of violence, things change. That's worth getting into a gunfight over.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

He rides a bike.......... grin

grin

If only it were that easy, cycling far enough will give ya nice legs, and might reduce your gut, but it will do Jack for upper body strength, flexibility and won’t even do much for walking and running.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Good thought provoking stuff right there thanks for posting it up I’d love to get to Gun Site someday for a training session or three!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
722 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 17CalFan, 68 invisible), 2,928 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,752
Posts18,401,318
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.