Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Ever wondered how a new motorcycle arrives from the factory and is uncrated and assembled? Watch this video and see how it's done. Pretty surprising actually. To me anyhow.

Like motorcycles or anything on two wheels? Please check out my YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMaLdyriBKNsUtpgNh1-g6w
Thanks and hope you subscribe!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
That was pretty interesting. I always envisioned that there would be more than 10 minutes worth of set-up.

O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
That was pretty interesting. I always envisioned that there would be more than 10 minutes worth of set-up.

You and me both. I figured there would be a lot more to bolt on and adjust. Expected it might take him 20-30 minutes at least. Dude can do 5 an hour if uninterrupted.

Like motorcycles or anything on two wheels? Please check out my YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMaLdyriBKNsUtpgNh1-g6w
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Worked for a motorcycle dealer in the mid to late 70's, Yamaha, Triumph and BMW sales and service. Always fun busting open the Triumph crates, won't unusual to find half smoked joints and cigarette butts. Got a couple wrenches and other tools as well. The others were always clean, the Germans built crates that would hold up a battle tank while the Japanese ones were just enough to get it there in one piece.
Met some of the strangest people during that time period. No telling what might come through the doors in that place.

O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Interesting to hear about the "personalities" of the different manufacturers shipping crates. Not surprising though.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
When I was little, Dad worked in a VW shop. Those cars would come in large wooden crates. He brought home 2 of them that we put out in the pasture. We dug holes under them and trenches to get in. They were our forts for years.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've watched a few videos of people buying motorcycles from Amazon and what it takes to assembled them

Pretty interesting, there is one brand of Chinese bike you can buy that is pretty highly rated, I'd have to look what the name is but you can get an enduro 250 for around $2200 shipped.

Last edited by KFWA; 07/07/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA
I've watched a few videos of people buying motorcycles from Amazon and what it takes to assembled them

Pretty interesting, there is one brand of Chinese bike you can buy that is pretty highly rated, I'd have to look what the name is but you can get an enduro 250 for around $2200 shipped.

Kymco maybe?
Guy who did a tire for me on a road trip some years ago was starting to deal with them for quads etc...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I looked it up. I think they are called SSR

there may be other brands that are good, I was just reading that some serious riders use SSR.

looks like I was getting confused on my brands though. The SSR XF250 is $3200 and its not on Amazon

As I was looking for it, I found a 250cc enduro with EFI for $2K

https://www.amazon.com/X-Pro-Hawk-D...0cc+enduro&qid=1594125610&sr=8-3

4 hour assembly. Below is the video that got me interested in Amazon bikes

Last edited by KFWA; 07/07/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Kawasaki of Universal City! 😎

Back in my motorcycle period they were easily my favorite dealer, I used to drive 25-30 miles clear across town to go there.

They are the ones who prepped my then 18yo KLR for a cross country road trip. But that was ten years ago. I would assume the married couple who ran it then are retired now.

Glad to see they are still around.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Kawasaki of Universal City! 😎

Back in my motorcycle period they were easily my favorite dealer, I used to drive 25-30 miles clear across town to go there.

They are the ones who prepped my then 18yo KLR for a cross country road trip. But that was ten years ago. I would assume the married couple who ran it then are retired now.

Glad to see they are still around.

The married couple are still there everyday, except Gary had a stroke a couple years ago and can barely get around. The daughter runs the front desk and her husband Jeff runs the parts and service department. They are still going strong!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (10gaugeman, 21, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1234, 17CalFan, 53 invisible), 3,339 guests, and 1,122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,294
Posts18,467,986
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.