Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Just for S&G I logged onto two of my firearms distributors and checked inventory... The first had exactly ONE Kahr pistol in stock. And of all the Ruger pistols they usually carry, only a handful were available.. The second one had only a meager supply of 1911s, and those were the high-end stuff - not the everyday items..

Then check SGammo for .38 special. Only THREE were available; one 1,000 lot, one 900 round lot and a few boxes of 50 ct.. Nearly the same with 9mm...

IMHO there's even a lot less available than when the former AIC was in office.. People tell me here that when they go to the various stores were ammo and guns are usually available it's nothin' but bare shelves...

Same in your areas???

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
GB1

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
There is a dealer just north of us that makes daily trips for ammo to the jobber located centrally in the state. Prices are up but they sell it all....Gun sales may have slowed some ….

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We were in Sportsmens Warehouse yesterday. The shelves are empty, and not just the shooting stuff. The whole store has big empty spaces everywhere. I was looking for a cot but the only one in stock was a high dollar bunk bed.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ahh that couldn’t be due to 1.3 million firearms sold in May and 2.3 million in June now could it?

Swifty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nope.
Last couple of places, some thinning of 9&.223
But still plenty...
Just about any powder you could want.
.223 dies down to high end match grade stuff
Only doing primers in 1,000 ct.

Generally single location operators with good supplier relationships.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
lgs is getting 750 for used glocks right now. crazy.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Redneck
Just for S&G I logged onto two of my firearms distributors and checked inventory... The first had exactly ONE Kahr pistol in stock. And of all the Ruger pistols they usually carry, only a handful were available.. The second one had only a meager supply of 1911s, and those were the high-end stuff - not the everyday items..

Then check SGammo for .38 special. Only THREE were available; one 1,000 lot, one 900 round lot and a few boxes of 50 ct.. Nearly the same with 9mm...

IMHO there's even a lot less available than when the former AIC was in office.. People tell me here that when they go to the various stores were ammo and guns are usually available it's nothin' but bare shelves...

Same in your areas???

Buds has been out of stock on most popular defensive handguns and long guns for a while. Typically, when you can't find things at the local store, Buds would have it. That's a real indicator of the current scarcity.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My shelves are full and the pot is hot.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I was in two medium sized LGS this last weekend. One had plenty of long guns (including AR's) but almost no handguns. Ammo stock was good. This store is known for their higher than normal prices but they also carry higher end merch.

The second was about the same. Talking to them, they said they had a lot of first time buyers of handguns.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can say that inventory's looking pretty thin in the shops and mega stores around Brainerd. The only handgun ammo available is the high end premium stuff and it's running down too. Firearms inventory is spotty at best.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kind of like TP - how much do you Really need.......and gonna use? Like anyone is going to the Alamo?!?

This fear based hoarding drives up prices and kills supplies for all..........hopefully Econ 101 will kick in, and if Trump is re-elected things will all reset.......I just hope quality does not tank with mfg. trying to meet short term demand.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck

Same in your areas???

Yes, I agree across the board, at least as bad or worse than anytime in the last 10 years.

MM

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Sellers market if you can get merchandise to sell.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Was buying ATV parts the other day.

His shelves are empty and the show room is bare.

Everything comes from Chiner.

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by hanco
Sellers market if you can get merchandise to sell.

I've been taking advantage of it for months. I've sold five or six guns that I had been planning to sell for a while.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
I wonder how much Covid shutdowns may have affected ammo or gun production.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Slim pickings around here also.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I put up some reloading supplies about a month ago and sold almost everything. My guess is that 30000 plus bullets. I assume reloading supplies are also getting kind of lean.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In a local sporting goods dept. the other day all the common stuff like 9mm, .223, etc. was flat out gone. This place is usually well stocked with all kinds of different ammo, too. I would have been all set if I were seeking some 35 Remington, LOL.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Last fall I told my wife "it is a buyers market right now" and I prepared accordingly so that the type of availability we have now wouldn't affect me in the least.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

466 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 55 invisible), 2,613 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,957
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.