Print Thread
Hop To
L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29417850/colin-kaepernick-disney-announce-partnership-deal

Colin Kaepernick will be featured in an exclusive docuseries produced by ESPN Films as part of a first-look deal with The Walt Disney Co.

The deal between Kaepernick's production arm, Ra Vision Media, and Disney was announced Monday. The partnership will focus on telling scripted and unscripted stories that explore race, social injustice and the quest for equity. It also will provide a platform to showcase the work of minority directors and producers.

"I am excited to announce this historic partnership with Disney across all of its platforms to elevate Black and Brown directors, creators, storytellers, and producers, and to inspire the youth with compelling and authentic perspectives," Kaepernick said in a statement. "I look forward to sharing the docuseries on my life story, in addition to many other culturally impactful projects we are developing."

Despite being exiled from the NFL since the 2016 season, when he took a knee during the national anthem to protest police brutality and racial inequality, Kaepernick still wants to play.

A person close to the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback told The Associated Press that Kaepernick is in excellent shape and ready to play, but he hasn't received any calls.

Following the nationwide protests in the aftermath of George Floyd's death, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell apologized to players for not listening to their concerns about racial inequality earlier. He encouraged them to protest peacefully and denounced racism.

Kaepernick, who became the face of a Nike campaign in 2018, will work closely with The Undefeated, which is expanding its portfolio across Disney, to develop stories from the perspective of Black and brown communities.

His deal with The Walt Disney Co. will extend across all Disney platforms, including Walt Disney Television, ESPN, Hulu, Pixar and The Undefeated.

"During this unprecedented time, The Walt Disney Company remains committed to creating diverse and inclusive content that resonates and matters," said Bob Iger, Disney's executive chairman. "Colin's experience gives him a unique perspective on the intersection of sports, culture and race, which will undoubtedly create compelling stories that will educate, enlighten and entertain, and we look forward to working with him on this important collaboration."

The docuseries chronicling Kaepernick's journey and his last five years is the first project in development. The series will include new interviews and other never-before-seen elements as part of the docuseries. Jemele Hill, who previously worked for ESPN and The Undefeated, is a producer on the project.

"Developing exceptional storytelling told through a wide array of voices is at the core of who we are at ESPN," ESPN president Jimmy Pitaro said. "Colin has had a singular path as both an athlete and an activist, and, as the nation continues to confront racism and social injustice, it feels particularly relevant to hear Colin's voice on his evolution and motivations."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Being that Disney owns FOX, and FOX is so conservative/racist, I am surprised Kaepernick isn't demanding that Disney divest itself of FOX before moving forward with the deal.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Sounds like some riveting television

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
He's the chosen replacement for Jesse Jackson in the race-baiting victimhood game.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by cv540

Yeah as in Id have to be riveted to the floor in front of the TV to watch it!!

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Is he going to play Uncle Remus?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Or
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Is he going to play Uncle Remus?

He.could.play n i g g e r Jim from Huck Finn.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Disney really missed out on that documentary with Lori Vallows on raising kids.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Disney has been on my chitt list for about 45 years, this shouldn’t surprise anyone.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Its a small, small world....

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Storyline?

Colored kid is raised by rich white folks to play in the nfl.

Oppressed.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I thought Disney owned ABC and ESPN and not FOX. But I could be wrong.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
What do Kraponmydick and Derek Chauvin have in common?

Takin a knee is a bad career move.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Disney bought 21st Century Fox, movie company, not Fox Broadcasting, TV network.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from 1.bp.blogspot.com]

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I’m gonna be glued to my 📺 tv

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sack-or-Pick is protesting all the way to the bank. Sounds like he supports the American dream after all.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Not surprised, in the least. I knew a month ago that this POS would come out of this as the Official Negro Hero of America. Pitiful.

As Kaepernick and the movie guys at Disney make these films about blacks being mistreated in America, will they make a film about Seceoria Turner?
The little 8 year old black girl who was murdered by Negros the other night in Atlanta.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
How about a film on D bags real parents.
Their history and what success stories they are now.

LOL!!!

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by cv540

Do you think it will surpass Michele Obama’s Becoming? Let’s see how fast Colon’s series flops.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

414 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1lesfox, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 32 invisible), 1,785 guests, and 961 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,179
Posts18,465,589
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.