-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Voting record? The past defines the future.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I know a fair number of people is SW Utah who are supporting Hughes/Iverson because, if they win gov/lt gov, we get rid of Iverson as county commissioner.

He may "support the 2nd Amendment", but IMO he hasn't been a friend to the local shooting community. All in for economic development, i.e. real estate and tourism.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I voted for Cox but it was once again a case of having a less-than-stellar list of choices. As of this morning, he leads Huntsman by almost 3%, thank goodness.

Many of us most sincerely hope that both Huntsman and Romney simply go away. They're both no more than reincarnated McCains wearing the R badge but fighting against it every step of the way.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
This vote was a tough one!

Mike Lee actually endorsed Huntsman on TV IIRC.

Seems like most of them want to fuel the growth in big business and population on the Wasatch Front. Huntsman wants Utah to be the "Crossroads of the World!" Sounds like NY or California to me... no thanks!!! I've already dubbed the Wasatch Front "Southern California North" as it is already starting to really have the same "urban sprawl" feeling and traffic snarls. No we have the High Tech coming into Draper/Lehi areas and we know what that brings! Anyone commute through Lehi lately? They have been at it for 10 years now on that freeway and just can't get it right.

We already have a "people problem." I voted for Cox... not sure any were perfect candidates. At least his roots are from rural Utah and he values that lifestyle... I think.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Not to mention that SW Utah has a water problem, and the growth and development crowd just deny it and keep pushing the Lake Powell pipeline as a solution (not). Those in the know understand that we will run out of water before we run out of land.

I'm not aware of a single politician who doesn't follow the (money) line.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Huntsman has conceded. Cox will be the R candidate for governor.

Be not weary in well doing.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good!

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Anyone but Huntsman...sweet.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
uhhh what? oh ye of little knowledge of utah politics!! Who is spencer cox? He runs around acting like a farmer but ask those from the area he lived and they say he is a fake farmer. Who is our governor currently? Herbert. He has raised taxes every year since 2011, he mandates masks, will do nothing to stop protestors blocking the roads in salt lake and provo. He told the highway patrol to stand down while our state capital building was tagged and graffiti'd. He is a weak leader, not a particularly good speaker and would never have been elected without having slid into the job after huntsman stepped down. The same thing with spencer cox. He will never be an outspoken confident leader. He will maintain all of herberts staff, who largely govern and not herbert himself so much. will likely raise taxes just like herbert has. Herbert sticks his finger in the air waits a while and then makes a decision. He also empowers every establishment faction out there. from count my vote, IE getting rid of the caucus, to giving away all the extra money the state gets to the schools. Cox will do nothing different. Oh yeah Cox is a never trumper too!!

what in the world is there to celebrate? NOTHING! huntsman, I refused to vote for him when he got elected the second time. I voted for dell schanze, LOL. But huntsman is the only governor in the 21 years I have lived here to cut taxes. He does have a background of connections, and IMO would have been FAR better than Cox as a leader.

the Truth is Thomas Wright was the best choice, but he only got 8% of the vote, which I predicted. We voted for hughes in our family. Hughes will never be called a weak leader. He is an early trump guy and while I don't agree with him always, a strong leader brings debate to the issues.

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Few are celebrating, (perhaps in the negative sense)

best people for the job never run for office, (what was Schanze going to do, the IT for the computers in the capitol building?-- was funny however)

SLC, Sandy, Draper,Jordan that entire valley are in some real growing pains. There will be tax increases regardless of who gets gov.

Herbert was smart enough to keep most of the protests in the downtown SLC area, so they didn't get shot by the rednecks in the non liberal areas, making the problem even worse.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Etoh
Few are celebrating, (perhaps in the negative sense)

best people for the job never run for office, (what was Schanze going to do, the IT for the computers in the capitol building?-- was funny however)

SLC, Sandy, Draper,Jordan that entire valley are in some real growing pains. There will be tax increases regardless of who gets gov.

Herbert was smart enough to keep most of the protests in the downtown SLC area, so they didn't get shot by the rednecks in the non liberal areas, making the problem even worse.

I voted for schanze just to be funny. Herbert smart enough to keep protests in salt lake? Someone was shot in Provo. People were attacked in Provo wtf. Are you blind?

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Don't think anyone on this forum know about Schanze or his antics. (humor lost) The someone shot wasn't a protestor in case you missed that it was someone running down the protestors. also the occurrence was in the University Ave. -- same liberal demographics.---- where were the protests, in St. George?, WVC, or Magna.

Protests in SLC were located around the Federal and State buildings, Leonardo Building, and the Library, would you have preferred them at the Real Soccer center in Sandy?

Huntsman would have cut red tape for the Inland Port authority, Romny real estate trust, (silicon valley in Tooele county and Harriman) to make it the Crossroads of the World as stated by lundtroller earlier.

But then your the expert in politics.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
In the middle of Huntsman's administration, a scandal started to emerge about the awarding of construction contracts for I-15. Huntsman left to be ambassador to China, apparently just a couple of steps ahead of the scandal. I still wonder if perhaps friends on the federal level acted to get him out of harm's way.

Be not weary in well doing.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1234, 17CalFan, 22kHornet, 280fan, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 42 invisible), 2,751 guests, and 1,103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,290
Posts18,467,910
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.