Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Ambulance chasers are part of the issue here.

NRA Patron
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seems like no one is responsible for their action anymore unless they are a conservative.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
There is some blame (at least some) that should allotted to the parents for not drilling better sense of conscious into their girls.

I can’t always be there and I hope my kids are always honest with me but we have an agreement, No more than you the driver and ONE friend in a vehicle.

Any and all ingrained asides can’t be considered to be abided by if there is alcohol is involved. Which is yet another partial failure of parenting in this situation.

sad sad sad

As for the litigation....what litigation? Driving is a privilege, it has risks even on blue bird days being sober.
But Jeeze who knows seems the right lawyer can get you the moon.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by steve4102
What is the political affiliation of the parents and do they support the BLM movement?

That is all that matters.

It doesnt matter if they were white. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Lawyers are looking for a payday.
Judges (lawyers) allow this [bleep].
Liberals are pushing it.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The suit said:
"that the road is poorly designed" .......... Sounds like something a shyster lawyer would say.

Well yes, ---- most country roads are poorly designed for nearly doubling your speed over the posted limit..... and driving that fast while drunk.
Even the German Autobahn is poorly designed for that.

Most cotton shirts are "poorly designed" to stop bullets too ................but if you shot yourself in the chest and died it's not the shirt makers fault.

But the shirt was not designed with stopping bullet in mind, and the road was probably designed to allow travel through the back country at safe speeds by the non-intoxicated public.

Last edited by szihn; 07/07/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ultimately, it the kids' fault for doing something stupid. Parents can only teach kids so much. At some point, they need to decide for themselves what decisions they make. I had the most conservative parents I knew when I was young. I was first in my class in high school. I lettered 12 times in sports. And I still did some stupid stuff that could have hurt or killed me. I probably did stupid stuff much less often than other kids with crappy parents but I still did stupid stuff on occasion. The one thing I am much more concerned with is the liberals in the school system and entertainment industry undermining the credibility and influence of parents on their kids.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
In June of 2019 4 teenage girls, ages 15 and 16, were killed in a car accident.

Now the parents have filed tort litigation against the County, claiming that the road is poorly designed where the accident occurred.

There were 5 girls in the car when the accident occurred, 4 died and 1 survived. According to published news reports, 4 of the 5 girls had been drinking, including the driver, who was reported to have had a 0.09 BAC, and the accident investigator reported that the car was traveling approximately 90 MPH in a 55 MPH zone when it hit a guard rail, left the road, landed in a creek bed, and burst into flames.

It seems to me that the primary cause of this tragic accident was the underage consumption of alcohol by the driver, such that she was legally drunk, and still would have been if she had been 5 years older and of legal drinking age. If you add the high rate of speed, the driver's limited experience behind the wheel, and her alcohol consumption together the cause of the accident seems obvious.

I've driven across the road where the accident occurred dozens, maybe hundreds, of times and the shallow "S" curve at the point of the accident didn't even register as being anything worthy of note when traveling around 55 MPH.

It seems to me that this litigation is an attempt by the parents of the dead teens to leverage the deaths for their financial gain.

What to you guys think?

Facts don't matter when an attorney can manipulate the facts into what ever he wants them to be. The parents are mad at someone and they found an accomplice to get revenge. It's lawsuit lottery time. The County will pay it off just to get it out of their hair.

kwg

This - costs too much to litigate, so the county will just pay.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Burden of proof will be on the parents to prove the road was negligently designed. They will have to get a civil engineer to come to court for them and swear it. They more than likely already have one lined up, prior to the suit. Road department will of course have its own expert witnesses.

Sounds like an uphill battle for the parents to me, unless there was something badly out of spec in that road design or road signage.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
She was coming around the mountain about 90,
When the chain on her motorcycle broke;
She was found in the grass
With the muffler up her ***,
And her t**s were playing Dixie
On the spokes.

Old guy, old guns.
IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Shady ambulance chasing lawyers were able to persuade the family's into pursuing the claims. City will settle just to keep it out of court.

Phil

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
MADD
Mothers Against Drunk Driving

Mostly made up of 45 year old hags, who gave their little dolly [1] a new Camaro for her 16th birthday.
And six months later, the girl was out at midnight [2], drunk [3] , and wrapped the car around an oak tree and was killed.

Mom feels guilty and now she is on a campaign to try to assuage her guilt. The old hag is nuts, she is crazy, and she will remain crazy for the rest of her life.

[1] Sixteen year old kids are not mature enough to handle a hot rod car
[2] Sixteen year old kids should not be out at midnight. Nothing good ever happens after 11 pm
[3] There is a reason why it is illegal for tenth graders to drink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Shady ambulance chasing lawyers were able to persuade the family's into pursuing the claims. City will settle just to keep it out of court.

Phil
The 1st thing they'll do is some intense judge shopping to find one as crooked as they are. Any reasonable judge would throw it out.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Then you have DAMM.

Mad Mothers Against Dyslexia.

—————————-

Sad case all around but the county has attorneys on staff. Fight it in court if it’s not thrown out.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Design speed of a roadway is typically 10 MPH over the posted speed. No way this goes anywhere. Tragic for the girls and their families but 90 in a 55 posted plus alcohol will get them nothing.

Plenty of spots in our area that you would think would need guardrail but it technically doesn't meet warrants, have not been enough fatalities and therefore doesn't get it.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by MAC
Natural selection at work. Cleaned up the gene pool a little. No way that law suit will win. The underage drinking and excessive speed will negate it. Plus in many places a teenage driver is limited on the number of passengers they can have in the car. That may come into play as well.

There’s something seriously fuggin wrong with you. Would you still think that if it was your daughter you Dik head? This was a tragic loss of life. Five teen girls made a mistake we’ve probably all made as kids. My heart goes out to the families.

Having said that, the accident lies squarely on the shoulders of the girls involved. Not the road designers, or the state. Still sad though.

I’ll edit to add that the responsibility may even partially rest with the parents who may not have taught them any better.

Last edited by Dryfly24; 07/07/20.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Who supplied the alcohol? Who supplied the car to a young inexperienced driver?

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by windridge
Who supplied the alcohol? Who supplied the car to a young inexperienced driver?

What’s your point? Doesn’t make it any less sad, and still doesn’t put the responsibility on the state, which is what the suit alleges.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
ok, here y’all go, exact location looking west. Teens were traveling east, smacked a guard rail and flipped into the creek bed. Parents looking for a financial out as there was probably a clause in the insurance policy about payout if driver was drinking due to Nebraska’s zero tolerance law for teen drivers.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Swifty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

What to you guys think?

As soon as there is proof that alcohol is involved, the case is over.
(No pun intended)

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

97 members (7mm_Loco, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 35, Akhutr, 7x57Hunter, 8 invisible), 1,533 guests, and 750 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,564
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.