Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I watched the video. You are blessed to live in such beautiful country. I’ve been all over Wyoming and Colorado but I haven’t been in Montana outside of West Yellowstone. I hope to see it sometime.

BP-B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
If anyone is looking to save a few dollars the horse thief is for sale
I drove through last week and saw a pack of big bulls with substantial head gear.
https://www.landwatch.com/Fergus-County-Montana-Farms-and-Ranches-for-sale/pid/337521376

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Isn't that Costner's place, just saw it on Yellowstone.

No.

Kenny- wasn't it rumored that Leuschen was going to buy it but backed out?

Yes, that's what my son told me--he was working for Switchback at the time. Also the Palisades ranch took a look but nothing has come of that. Switchback did add another 10,000 acres South of Luther almost to Absarokee.
Since then, I haven't heard of anymore offers. My wife and Beartooths manager's wife are good friends and sometimes she has info!

Ken

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by JeffA

Most larger transactions are handled by large commercial real estate firms that cap their commissions at a $100K or so on multi-million dollar properties.

Not even remotely true...

Seriously. People just make this stuff up?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by irfubar
How many cows do you need to raise to make this ranch a profitable venture?

They say it will support 1,000 head, so 28,000 too few, assuming there’s a beef market.

Mortgage alone would be twice annual revenue from ranching operations, and that's before any other ranching expenses....

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Most larger transactions are handled by large commercial real estate firms that cap their commissions at a $100K or so on multi-million dollar properties.

Suppose it might depend on what world one might live in.
I'm sure you could find a realtor that would charge you $1.5M to sell a $30M property but there are hosts of commercial firms that cap their commissions at realistic rates.

Many multi million dollar properties are doing good to even have 10 to 15% of equity in them, nobody is going to split their total proceeds from a sale with a realtor just because they brought a buyer to the table..

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

You obviously know nothing about ranch brokerage in the state on Montana.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

I'm sure you could find a realtor that would charge you $1.5M to sell a $30M property but there are hosts of commercial firms that cap their commissions at realistic rates.

Many multi million dollar properties are doing good to even have 10 to 15% of equity in them, nobody is going to split their total proceeds from a sale with a realtor just because they brought a buyer to the table..

What universe are you living in?

Montana MOFO
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yep, all sorts of lenders willing to finance 85-90% of what is essentially raw land* with little to no earning potential...

Actual seller's commission, I'm sure would be less than 6%. But $100k? Time to wakey wakey, eggs and bakey

*considering the ratio of land value to improvements

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Too close to the freeway and train tracks. . Bkeck.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
You have to cross the Yellowstone River before you get to either!

Damn good trout fishing on The Yellowstone for miles both ways.

Last edited by kennymauser; 07/08/20. Reason: adding comment
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Ohhh the noise! LOL Anyway.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Boomer, yeh, I get a little testy sometimes and I know how you /we Montanan's are. Really, I just want one of the guys on this forum to buy the Beartooth so I can keep hunting there. Before Williams bought the place, I hunted and fished there since about 72. The Elk moved in not too many years ago and of course they are everywhere now.
Williams does let his employees shoot a cow every year but the big bulls are safe except for getting whacked on the highway.
The best part about a bigger ranch that allows no hunting is the animals don't understand fences and property lines and things like rut etc is in all hunters favor. Also there are several places that border the ranch that are State land and accessible. Two years ago people were stopping on the highway to Absarokee watching a big bull herding his harem round. A young archer had been watching and noticed that if the elk ever went into and adjacent fishing access he might get lucky. One day he drove down the road into the access and saw the horns in the tall grass, called Fish and Game, asked what the law was to save his butt, and he ended up getting a bull of a lifetime.
I do have a lot of other pictures of the ranch etc. I may post.
Now, you can go back to whatever you you were doing.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Be interesting to see what the ranch actually sold for in earlier years. I would be that you could have bought it for $1,000,000 about 1960. Probably go for about $20,000,000 if it sells today.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
423 members (007FJ, 1lesfox, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 41 invisible), 2,393 guests, and 989 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,902
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.