Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Exactly 18 rounds fired!
Rifle only!
$885/shipped OBO

Attached Images
IMG_0611(1).jpg (31.4 KB, 617 downloads)
IMG_0613.jpg (99.66 KB, 596 downloads)
IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Had one of these, great shooter.
This is a good price in my view.

NRA Patron
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Bargain...tic toc

Buy once, cry once.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Firstcoueswas80: I have 4 (four!) of these Remington 700 VSSF's - 3 in 220 Swift and 1 in 22-250.
I absolutely LOVE these Rifles (this particular model).
I get excellent accuracy out of all four of my VSSF's.
Does your VSSF have the despised (but inconsequential?) "J" lock?
Does your Rifles stock have a green tint to the paint job/finish or is it all black/gray with the mottling?
Good luck in selling - again, if I were not so old I would buy this Rifle in an instant - as it is I am mulling it over!
BTT
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Pm sent

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
This a Gen 1 VSSF and it doesn't have the green tint and this can be quickly detected by the absence of the black paint in the flutes on the rifle. The difference in the Gen 1 VSSF and the Gen 2 VSSF rifles are the black flutes, green webbing on the stock and the Gen 2 rifles have the dreaded enlarged balm swell in the stock as well. The same holds true for the Senderos EXCEPT the senderos do not have the green webbing. The only difference between the VSSF and the Sendero is the VSSF is a short action where as the sendero is a long action with the exception being in the Gen 1 senderos they made 2 short action calibers (7SAUM and 300SAUM) which were due to the senderos being produced prior to the VSSF line. With it being a Gen 1 also if its the early run model it will not have the J lock either.....Not an expert just have 5 Senderos and 3 VSSF rifles myself with A LOT of research on these rifles....lol

Last edited by Sendero558; 07/08/20.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
PM sent

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Sendero558
This a Gen 1 VSSF and it doesn't have the green tint and this can be quickly detected by the absence of the black paint in the flutes on the rifle. The difference in the Gen 1 VSSF and the Gen 2 VSSF rifles are the black flutes, green webbing on the stock and the Gen 2 rifles have the dreaded enlarged balm swell in the stock as well. The same holds true for the Senderos EXCEPT the senderos do not have the green webbing. The only difference between the VSSF and the Sendero is the VSSF is a short action where as the sendero is a long action with the exception being in the Gen 1 senderos they made 2 short action calibers (7SAUM and 300SAUM) which were due to the senderos being produced prior to the VSSF line. With it being a Gen 1 also if its the early run model it will not have the J lock either.....Not an expert just have 5 Senderos and 3 VSSF rifles myself with A LOT of research on these rifles....lol

I put up for sale a VSSF in 223. It has the black stock(aluminum bedding block) with no webbing, black painted flutes and Remington Mark Pro trigger. Action and bolt handled looked like they were polished . What do I have ?

B
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
B
I’ll take it. PM on the way.

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
This is SPF

IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Payment sent per our conversation yeaterday and phone call thank you

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
You have a LVSF if it has the flutes and the bull barrel. Remington made 3 different lines of the SS fluted, fully floated bull barrel rifle. The Sendero, VSSF, LVSF and the Sendero was long actions(save the 2 calibers I mentioned earlier) with the Gray webbed stock and no black flutes in the Gen 1, and Black Flutes larger palm swell stock Gen 2 and there were 11 calibers of them in Gen1 an only 6 calibers in Gen2. The VSSF has 6 calibers Gen 1 had gray webbed stocks no black flutes, Gen 2 has the green webbed stock with black flutes, Gen 3 has the p.o.s. Hogue molded stock (like the modern day SPS rifles) without the aluminum bedding block and the barrel is not floated. The LVSF is an all Black stock, the webbing texture is still on the stock but is the same color black as the stock. The LVSF is a lighter thinner hollow stock than the Sendero and the VSSF. It has the aluminum bedding block to allow the barrel to be floated but with the stock being hollow, thinner and lighter than the Sendero or VSSF it tends to be less balanced than the Sendero and VSSF and makes the rifle more "front heavy". THERE ARE AND WERE AVALIABLE VARIATIONS OF THESE RIFLES..... Don't want to be misquoted The original Senderos were all black bull barrels in the H&S stocks that had no flutes, then they went all black with flutes, then they went SS bull barrel with flutes then SS bull barrel with a ported barrel...Just like every other firearm Remington has a custom shop that will build you whatever you're willing to spend to get it. There was a laminated wood stock version of the VSSF and LVSF you could order or buy if you didn't like Synthetic stocks...… When purchasing a rifle of this quality it is very important to remember this....all these stocks will interchange and for this reason is why I stick with the Senderos and the VSSF versions because you cant as likely pass a cheaper rifle off as one of them like you can the variations. I have a rifle that started life as a Remington 700 SPS in 204 ruger that I was told was an early version LV rifle which are about double a SPS and all they did was stick a LVS stock on a SPS and take my money and laugh all the way to the bank...After being burned you will start to research for yourself and learn to CYA …… Sorry for the lengthy read.... Hope it doesn't confuse and only informs. If you have any questions about these rifles now or in the future feel free to PM me and hopefully I can help you or anyone for that matter

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
LVSF has pillars not Aluminum bedding blocks

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by remingtonclassic
LVSF has pillars not Aluminum bedding blocks

I called Remington with the serial number and they rapidly confirmed it was a Varmint Special. It does not have the light varmint contour.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
428 members (007FJ, 1lesfox, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 38 invisible), 2,421 guests, and 1,005 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,932
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.