Print Thread
Hop To
T
tcp Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
I am considering a vertical electric smoker primarily for brisket, jerky, and pork shoulders. I am wanting something large enough to do at least 3 large pork shoulders at a time.

Interested in recommendations.

Thanks.

If you can't be a good example, may you at least serve as a dreadful warning
GB2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a masterbuilt and it has worked great for many years.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There's only one choice IMO, the Cookshack SM045. I bought the model prior to that one in 1998 and it still gets used weekly at our office. They are not cheap, but they are reliable and built to last. My preference would be charcoal or pellet, but if you are dead set on electric Cookshack is the only way to go.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a Smokinit smoker. Great quality.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
There's only one choice IMO, the Cookshack SM045. I bought the model prior to that one in 1998 and it still gets used weekly at our office. They are not cheap, but they are reliable and built to last. My preference would be charcoal or pellet, but if you are dead set on electric Cookshack is the only way to go.

Mike

My cookshack is about 20 years old, and I never want anything else. Been super easy to use. Most product. and uses wood chunks. I get all the wood for free, and no jamming or feed problems.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Terryk
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR

Mike

My cookshack is about 20 years old, and I never want anything else. Been super easy to use. Most product. and uses wood chunks. I get all the wood for free, and no jamming or feed problems.

Agreed. The only reason I don't ust it anymore is my buddy and I do catering and obviously there's not much room on those little guys. We each own a Cookshack FEC100 and own an FEC120 together. We can do somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 pounds of meat and sides for an event. The fact is though, when I cook for my wife and I or a couple of guests the BGE cooking over lump charcoal is my go to.

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
I have a Smokinit smoker. Great quality.

Same for me. I know a handful of guys who also bought one after I told them about the company. Top notch customer service and a dedicated forum of users who will help you learn how to smoke with it. 6-8 ounces of wood chunks will smoke to 6-8 hours

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
714 members (222Sako, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 76 invisible), 2,723 guests, and 1,375 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,626
Posts18,398,718
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.