Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 26 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 25 26
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
I love this thread. We have a bunch of mostly like-minded people trying to out-huckleberry one another and laying out our own sets of bona fides as to what qualifies one to be "one of us" in the us vs them battle. In doing so we are alienating those who would be "one of us" so that we can create an "us vs them, and them, and them, and them". It's a mindset people. I know plenty of "country boys" who have taken jobs and careers in non-country places and their mindsets and behaviors are such that, believe me, they are still country boys. However, I should call them up and tell them to GF themselves because of their choice of jobs and where they now live. That'll show'em.

Interesting and for the most part I agree...... the problem arises when city people move to the country not the other way around.

Where's the superintendent of the apartment building when my hot water stops????

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Tinman is long arming it.......

Thanks for my morning laugh Mr Conrad!

Hope that corn comes up. I stuck some seeds in one of the beds the other day , hoping frost holds off for 75 days or so. I don't think it will.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Speaking of 20 inch trout (besides my trouser trout)...a 20 inch golden trout still eludes me, much like that magical 200" typical net mule deer does.

I am giving it another shot this weekend. Maybe this will finally be my lucky break.

Here's a 15 inch golden at 11,000 feet last Saturday. I do love that high country. No drama queens are invited.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That is simply awesome Tinman........
My run of the mill westslope cutt.... in fall spawning colors.... oops forgot B.H. thinks posting pic's is stupid.... oh well
Not quite up to Sal's 20" standard..... smile

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I have a question. Do you cart a camera or phone with you everywhere you go ? I've hunted and fished with a lot of different people out here and never recall anyone bringing a camera along, including me. In more recent years I've had hunting partners take pics in the field with their phones {cuz lord knows you can't go anywhere without one of those these days} but years back the only game/fish pics that ever got taken were back at home/camp.

Generally yes. Both my phone and a small digital camera. On long trips to the backcountry I generally leave my phone behind.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Speaking of 20 inch trout (besides my trouser trout)...a 20 inch golden trout still eludes me, much like that magical 200" typical net mule deer does.

I am giving it another shot this weekend. Maybe this will finally be my lucky break.

Here's a 15 inch golden at 11,000 feet last Saturday. I do love that high country. No drama queens are invited.

My run of the mill westslope cutt.... in fall spawning colors.... oops forgot B.H. thinks posting pic's is stupid.... oh well

I have a question. Do you cart a camera or phone with you everywhere you go ? I've hunted and fished with a lot of different people out here and never recall anyone bringing a camera along, including me. In more recent years I've had hunting partners take pics in the field with their phones {cuz lord knows you can't go anywhere without one of those these days} but years back the only game/fish pics that ever got taken were back at home/camp.

Generally yes. Both my phone and a small digital camera. On long trips to the backcountry I generally leave my phone behind.
I've killed a lot of game and caught a lot of fish that went back in the water or into the freezer without having a picture taken. A lot. I do take pics back at home sometimes if I think of it before cleaning/butchering, particularly if it's something worthy of memory, like the 32" 12 lb walleye I caught in 1995.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Those of us from back in the age of film can recall when taking pictures was an event that required time, money and effort. So NOT taking pictures was common.

Now it seems like we take pictures every time we turn around.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Those of us from back in the age of film can recall when taking pictures was an event that required time, money and effort. So NOT taking pictures was common.

I still don't take many pictures. At Christmas, thanksgiving, weddings and reunions with family mostly. Have several albums full of pics of my kids and dogs too. I don't often carry my phone on me either.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by deflave
That's because your unemployed, broke dick ass can't afford a camera.

Or a phone.

Seriously, why do you GAF what Blackheart has or does not have?

come on ..you are not that dense bird....called pushing buttons ....more like flipping a breaker with some of you.....bob

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
No I think you're a lazy, goof off clown boy and a huge useless ass hole

You don't mean that.
I sincerely do. And you left out LIAR. GFY.

Because I believe you do believe that I'm a liar.

But not those other things.

You were just trying to be mean.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
It’s pretty common for DeFlave and others to try and shame people here for stuff they don’t have, which shaming is obviously flagrant idiocy.

Vagrancy too implies no means of support.

I have been fortunate, when my Dad got disabled in my youth and five of us were living in a rented two-bedroom house dependent on my mom’s modest income, accepting public assistance wasn’t even considered. Frankly, considering we had just left Working-class England of the 60’s we thought we was living high on the hog 🙂 Heck, for us just being in AMERICA was a luxury. That house being where I lived until I left for good at 18.

Likewise in my youth, the times I qualified for unemployment I was too proud to take it (a luxury afforded to those with no dependents I know).

OK, I get that for the past 30+ years I have been on the public teat teaching in a place where many will not but......

I have never defaulted on any debt and I can’t recall over the decades the last time I have even been late paying.

Anyways, I’m living like I’m living for the benefit of family, like most of us I’d guess. Other than the taxpayers I suppose I have never taken a free dime from anyone who weren’t family and so far I’m a burden to no one.

The Government just did give me $1,200 I know which I am assured they will get back in taxes, makes me uneasy but I did spend half of it on a firearm, looks like the rest of it is gonna go towards shipping puppies, driving em to NY myself is looking increasingly problematic.

Birdfugker,

Do your students happen to suffer from an exceptionally high suicide rate?

If so, I think I know the cause.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I still don't take many pictures.

Shocking.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I still don't take many pictures.

Shocking.

So I believe a single wide with pink flamingo's is closer to reality..... smile tires on the roof... yes or no? hahahahhahaha

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

So I believe a single wide with pink flamingo's is closer to reality..... smile tires on the roof... yes or no? hahahahhahaha

He's going to retire real soon.

As soon as those tax funded checks stop.

LMAO

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

I want one of those, in Tennessee, with a hummingbird feeder and close enough to a Cracker Barrel that I can drive my electric wheelchair there and play with myself under the table while listening to the waitress talk.

I love a Tennessee accent on a woman 😎

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Even back in the 60s a guy could snap some pictures real quick with a handheld camera. Albeit not a phone or modern pocket camera, but still certainly doable.
I'll easily spend 1/2 hour taking pictures of a deer or elk I killed, from various angles. I don't see it as a lot of work. I see it as something I'd regret not doing in X years.

I quite often don't take pictures of single birds or common fish, but golden trout require a guy to sweat and often spend hours casting for. They're absolutely photo worthy, in my mind.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I want one of those, in Tennessee, with a hummingbird feeder and close enough to a Cracker Barrel that I can drive my electric wheelchair there and play with myself under the table while listening to the waitress talk.

I love a Tennessee accent on a woman 😎

Birdie some things are best kept to yourself.... wink

He's going to retire real soon.

As soon as those tax funded checks stop.

LMAO

Blackheart says I am old and sickly looking...... he must be the picture of youth and health...... wink without pic's he can be anything

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Blackheart says I am old and sickly looking...... he must be the picture of youth and health...... wink without pic's he can be anything

This pic is liable to turn SheRoy straight, and BlackBeart rock hard.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

This one time on brokeback mountain........

🤣🤣🤣

Last edited by ironbender; 07/08/20. Reason: 🤣🤣🤣

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironbender

🤣🤣🤣

Ouch,

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by ironbender

🤣🤣🤣

Ouch,

Haters gonna hate....... wink

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
They are firm.....yet fair.

I am MAGA.
Page 19 of 26 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
652 members (160user, 1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 75 invisible), 2,739 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,651
Posts18,399,172
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.