Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
For reference, mine was moved from May 31st to June 14th. I didn’t get my “built” email until it was delivered to my dealer. He’s a close friend of mine. Got it off the truck and put it in the showroom. He didn’t touch a sticker or anything. Had some dust on it from the ride and plastic still on everything inside.

I was a first hour reservation. Really lucky mine got out the door and to me so fast. I’m still the only delivery from my dealer. They have a couple mannequins though.

I see nothing wrong with my top either.

First night reservation. What a ride it's been.
Have they told you when you will get a new top, even though yours is fine? Sounds like they plan to replace all early tops. They decided that a week or so before mine was built, so that's why it's been parked with about 4,000 other Broncos for a couple of months.

What motor and trans did you get? Overall, are you happy with it even if you aren't the one getting the most use out of it?

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yeah, I like it. I always keep a full size truck too. I’d been using a Ranger as my hunting rig the past few years, but the Bronco takes that spot now. I do miss the bed though. The Ranger had more towing capability too.

I have the auto with the 2.3. It’s plenty of power for what I use it for. Pretty peppy actually. I had the Ford Performance kit in my Ranger (same engine) and it really spiced up that engine. I expect to see something similar for the Bronco soon.

I got a letter about my top, but don’t expect it until later this month or next.

Im debating on ordering another one when the new order bank comes out. I want that new green color and I’d like to try the 2.7 and maybe the Sasquatch package. It’ll be 2023 before I’d get it anyway!

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had it 3 weeks now and am loving it. So much more power than my Tacoma. The manual is smooth and fun to drive. Got a new suspension going in soon.

Rolling off the assembly line:

[Linked Image]

Day she came home:

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Nice! Glad it met your expectations and enjoying it.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Nice! Glad it met your expectations and enjoying it.

Yours still being built soon?

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Yes, still scheduled for Monday 11/22. 4 dr badlands in cyber orange with the manual transmission.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Yes, still scheduled for Monday 11/22. 4 dr badlands in cyber orange with the manual transmission.

I'm liking the manual so far. I've driven a 4cy MT Tacoma for the last 10 years. Compared to that, the Bronco 4cyl MT is like driving a sports car. Getting around 20mph combined, but not driving for best gas mileage. I like to keep the 4cyl in the 2500-2800rpm range for cruising.

I got the Black Diamond, but have the Badlands suspension to put on it as well as Camburg rear trailing arms. It will probably be a couple of weeks before I have time to do that. It rides really well though compared to the Tacoma.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Good to know glad it came hardtopped, heard they were working out leak issues with them.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Super glad to see all this!

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Good to know glad it came hardtopped, heard they were working out leak issues with them.

Mike

They've been working many issues. More concerning is the V6 and all the dropped valves. Not that many on the road, but several have already puked an engine.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Where quality is job #1! It’s sad to see the bungled rollout, as the concept seems really cool.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So far I'm loving the Bronco. New coilovers and rear trailing arms. I've taken it down some pretty tight trails my Tacoma would have never fit on.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Excellent!

Wonder how far behind they are?

Thought about yours when I saw this guys channel

https://www.youtube.com/c/BudgetBronco

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
They sure look nice!

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
My buddy just got confirmation yesterday of his raptor version,I guess there not making many.Hes loaded so its just another toy to him.

NE Oklahoma
Love all things outside and enjoy cooking.Married with 3 kids
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Coopsdaddy
My buddy just got confirmation yesterday of his raptor version,I guess there not making many.Hes loaded so its just another toy to him.

The way Ford is going, he'll be lucky to have it in a year. There are a few things I like about the raptor, but I wouldn't want one. The long travel suspension and upgraded axles would be nice to have on the standard Bronco, but I don't like how wide it is and it's only available in a 4 door. I bet it is a lot of fun to bomb around in the desert though.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Yeah, they are awesome, but they take forever to recieve.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Had it 3 weeks now and am loving it. So much more power than my Tacoma. The manual is smooth and fun to drive. Got a new suspension going in soon.

Rolling off the assembly line:

[Linked Image]

Day she came home:

[Linked Image]

The Big Bend I just ordered will look very similar to yours. Same color.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looked at all the models at the dealership.

My thoughts are that the thing is tiny. I know guys who ordered them sight unseen, probably with visions of the full size Bronco in their mind.

It's the size of an Escape.

I also think the way the doors are set up is junk. The windows roll up without an external door frame and make a "seal" with the hard or soft top. After having a couple of full size Broncos, I would be very disappointed.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The new Bronco isn't the size of the 77-96 models, no, but it's bigger than an Escape. The new Bronco Sport actually is an Escape with a square body and some minor hardware changes. The new Bronco is about like a Wrangler, when you put them side by side. Current Wranglers aren't exactly small, but they are are not a full-size truck either.

Now with even more aplomb
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (Akpilot, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 1_deuce, akpls, 13 invisible), 1,632 guests, and 847 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,516
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.