Campfire Ranger
7-13-20 8pm

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I’ve been waiting for many, many years. Hopefully ford doesn’t fuucck it up.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Check out their Bronco web site and you will see you have nothing to worry about. FoMoCo know's the market is dominated by Jeep and that's the competition and owners that will judge the engineering of this product launch. We shall see in a few days.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Here's the video

Ford Bronco Trailer

Last edited by NVhntr; 07/09/20.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not impressed by the silhouettes..

And hate the lumo ring as much as the lumo outline on the Audi Q5 several generations ago.

Still hoping tho

Last edited by OldmanoftheSea; 07/09/20.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
That thing is really fugly. Does no justice to the early Bronco at all. Soccer moms will be lining up though. mtmuley

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Interested in the 2 door. Hope top is removable.

I had a 2011 FJ I regret selling. Wouldn't mind having something along the same size with removable top. I hope they have a base model designed to get dirty. Maybe even a solid front axle and ability to run 33in tires (at least) with no lift.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
That pic looks like an animated version of an FJ in a movie like cars.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree. It reminded me of an FJ also and I never liked the looks of those. I don't get the tiny window thing. If I'm out 4 wheeling I want to see the scenery and a lot of it is above the roof line. I'm fairly tall so I'd have to scrunch down to look up.
Glass, more glass!

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm glad they are reintroducing the Bronco. I doubt their ability to catch lightning in a bottle, again, with this nameplate but I respect their attempt. I feel like they're trying to do too much with it, but its their deal, not mine.

I'm glad I've got my own early Bronco, took it for a spin last night and loved every second of it.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd rather have seen them build a full-size unit off the F150, keeping the wheelbase short, like they did from '77 to 96'. An XL-grade Bronco with the current 5.0L and 10spd auto would be nice with the vinyl floors and a wheelbase around 110 inches. My dad had an 84, 87, 91, 92, and a 96. They were a useful style of vehicle in the woods.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I guess it depends on the woods you’re in, but I find the smaller vehicles more user friendly. My Tacoma is better than a full size for many of my applications. I’m glad the Bronco is smaller than full size. The 7speed manual looks great. I like the option of 2lo.

As far as the older Broncos, I really liked the 77-78 models. If I had a full size, that would be the one.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They can't duplicate the old Bronco. They have all those high priced designers and engineers on their payroll who have to earn their keep.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
They can't duplicate the old Bronco. They have all those high priced designers and engineers on their payroll who have to earn their keep.

That, and the fact they want to sell enough to actually make a profit. If you want a better old Bronco, they're out there. https://www.gatewaybronco.com/

They will make a modern, capable offroad vehicle that appeals to enough people to justify the expense of making it. For those who don't like it, there's plenty of SUV and minivan choices to please.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It doesn't much affect what they make it to look like on the surface, but underneath it'll be very different from the original. Safety and pollution rules alone require major changes.

― George Orwell

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
It doesn't much affect what they make it to look like on the surface, but underneath it'll be very different from the original. Safety and pollution rules alone require major changes.

Modern is not necessarily a bad thing. I like power brakes, power steering, etc. Safer in crashes is nice too.

I'm just hoping for a good, modern, utility grade vehicle that me and my dog can enjoy for the next 10 years or so. I'm hoping crank windows and rubber floor mat.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
“Supposedly”
3 models. Sport is a small model that looks like the Ford Escape.

Bronco models with 2 door and 4 door is based on the new ranger platform. Removable top. 35”s from the factory. Removable doors that store in the back. Available with a 6 speed manual With crawl gear. Diff lockers. This is a direct competitor to the wrangler. Great approach/departure angles. It checks the boxes for the off road crew. The leaked pics look pretty good. Supposedly an assortment of grill choices including a retro grill that looks like an Early Bronco

The bad is they’re only offering it with the 6 cylinder eco boost. Be nice to see the 5.0 coyote in it. They’re going to sell a million of these if the price isn’t totally off the wall.

If they offer them decently outfitted at $50k you can sign me up.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hunter4623
“Supposedly”

Bronco models with 2 door and 4 door is based on the new ranger platform. Removable top. 35”s from the factory. Removable doors that store in the back. Available with a 6 speed manual With crawl gear. Diff lockers. This is a direct competitor to the wrangler. Great approach/departure angles. It checks the boxes for the off road crew. The leaked pics look pretty good. Supposedly an assortment of grill choices including a retro grill that looks like an Early Bronco

The bad is they’re only offering it with the 6 cylinder eco boost. Be nice to see the 5.0 coyote in it. They’re going to sell a million of these if the price isn’t totally off the wall.

I'm hoping for less than $40K for what I'm wanting. All I want is the low gears with diff locks, 7sp MT, and not a whole lot else. I don't want extra speakers. I don't want plush carpet. I don't want Corinthian leather. I want utility. Hopefully for $35K. We'll see.

I'm planning for a 2dr in grabber blue.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Originally Posted by hunter4623
“Supposedly”

I'm hoping for less than $40K for what I'm wanting. All I want is the low gears with diff locks, 7sp MT, and not a whole lot else. I don't want extra speakers. I don't want plush carpet. I don't want Corinthian leather. I want utility. Hopefully for $35K. We'll see.

I'm planning for a 2dr in grabber blue.

I like your idea of a utility grade vehicle, but they don't sell outside of fleet sales and I doubt you're going to see one in the Bronco line.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They make most of their profit from extras. I wouldn't be surprised to see no available models with rubber mats and manual window cranks. I think backup cameras are required by law now but that's a nice thing to have when you're trying to back into a canyon.

― George Orwell

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
They make most of their profit from extras. I wouldn't be surprised to so no available models with rubber mats and manual window cranks. I think backup cameras are required by law now but that's a nice thing to have when you're trying to back into a canyon.

yeah, I don't know. Lot's of speculation out there right now. They did file for a patent on a floor drain plug, so maybe.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ssible-dual-uses-for-hood-tie-down.1744/

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They make most of their profit from extras. I wouldn't be surprised to so no available models with rubber mats and manual window cranks. I think backup cameras are required by law now but that's a nice thing to have when you're trying to back into a canyon.

yeah, I don't know. Lot's of speculation out there right now. They did file for a patent on a floor drain plug, so maybe.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ssible-dual-uses-for-hood-tie-down.1744/

Silly!

Here is the proper way to drain water from a vehicle. Only 17 seconds

John

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I said they make the most money on the extras. I'll bet that floor drain is a very expensive option. They wouldn't patent it if they weren't worried about China stealing it and selling cheap aftermarket drains.

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My wife’s cousin was in on the design on this. He couldn’t leak any information on it.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Countdown to the live reveal tonight! Reveal is 8:00 Eastern. Here's the youtube page -

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Well I like it!!

I wish they would have a big enough model for a 5.0 Liter.

Will wait and see trim packages and the 200 plus options available when it gets a little more info.

I think it will be a success....Might have a 2011 Wrangler to sell laugh

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Put a deposit on a 2dr Black Diamond edition.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

NRA Endowment Member

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Put my deposit down too

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I said they make the most money on the extras. I'll bet that floor drain is a very expensive option. They wouldn't patent it if they weren't worried about China stealing it and selling cheap aftermarket drains.

Since when has China worried about a US patent?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Explorer came from the need for a 4 door version of the Bronco II. I've had my fill of 2 doors.

― George Orwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
While I would like to see the F150-based, big-body Bronco return, I will admit that Ford exceeded my expectations on this 2021 model. They gave it some good hardware and design, not just a few badges slapped on Mom's grocery-getter SUV (Bronco Sport fills that role). Depending on packaging and pricing, they will sell a lot of these. The factory 35" tires, the Eco-Boost 6cyl option, and the two transmission options are kind of surprising, but in a good way. They did some homework here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
My old Jeep has floor drains. They are a rubber plug you pop out. You will probably get your hands dirty which makes this a no-go for the modern driver. This new Bronco will be saddled with every limp wristed, candy-ass, option they can dream up. Nothing will be manual if there is any way to run it through a computer instead. Throttle response will be sluggish. Expensive plastic panels will be plentiful. Hitting a deer will cost north of $15,000. Still, the name will sell it to some people and there are utility vehicles available for those who really want them.
The original Bronco was conceived as a utility vehicle for rough use. Simple, relatively inexpensive to buy and maintain. Better than the Scout or the Jeep. Not quite as good as the Toyota Land Cruiser. GD

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I think they did good work here. I'm going to wait a year or two for this to sort out. My experience with buying the first year of, well anything, isn't the best. As is often the case with Ford, I thought that the color palette is weak. Really weak. Anybody else think that? I sure did. Where's the Grabber color? There isn't one.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
It's a Bronco in name only...

Makes me long for my old '69 model!

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

The old Bronco's were nothing to brag about, If you were under 5' 10 you could drive one, but if you were 6'4" you had to put it on and wear it. put one on a narrow 2 track that was a muddy side hill and you were going down hill no matter what you did. this new Bronco, was designed by Lawyers for Walmart parking lots, don't think you will see many of them out in the woods, after a couple of years . Rio7

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The website shows the street tire version on the "models" list they look horrible. They should show the ones on 33's and 35's laugh

The engines and transmission are all proven in other vehicles so may go against my inclination on getting a 1st year model.

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BKinSD
I think they did good work here. I'm going to wait a year or two for this to sort out. My experience with buying the first year of, well anything, isn't the best. As is often the case with Ford, I thought that the color palette is weak. Really weak. Anybody else think that? I sure did. Where's the Grabber color? There isn't one.

I agree the color choices were bad.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I'm not too worried about a first year model. Yeah, there will be issues. They'll figure it out. I'm not going to be kind to mine anyway. Stuff will break. Stuff will get fixed.

I just won't piss and moan about Ford making a new off road vehicle made in the USA, and I am definitely not a Ford Guy. My last Ford was 30 years ago.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by K1500

I agree the color choices were bad.

Yeah, I was hoping for grabber blue, but will go with velocity blue and paint the top and grill white.

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/.../pdf/2021-Bronco-2dr-4dr-Color-Sheet.pdf

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Good choices I think. Mine's wind blue and I won't be changing it. As far as this generation, I think I might hold out for a half cab version

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from cimg6.ibsrv.net]

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Wow - that is a nice looking truck. Being more of a Toyota guy, and a former FJ Cruiser owner, I think Ford knocked it out of the park styling-wise. Love the 7sp manual. As others have said; wish it had a 5.0 V8 options as the turbo engines seem pretty tightly wound with a lot of HP per liter. Can't wait to see one in person.....

Last edited by sigguy; 07/14/20.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I like the looks of the 2 door version. I think it will be a pretty solid vehicle for the Blue Oval. Also lots of trim levels and options for them as well.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
After all the issues with my F-150 no thanks....

Rob
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
BIL has positively abused 2 different 2.7L Eco-Boosts in 2 F150's with nary an issue. I certainly wouldn't be afraid of that motor.

My F250 has 168K Mi and a rear ELD that's been flawless the entire time, I suspect that have that cyphered well in the Bronco as well.

For the guys wanting "full-sized" Broncos:

Would you want one based on the F150 w/IFS and 5.0L or one based off of the Super-Duty w/solid axels and access to the new 7.3L gas motor?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’m interested. I really like the look and removable (sectioned) hard top parts. As I like to row my own boat, I wish there was a manual option for the larger V6 engine as I get tired of having to spool up the rpms in the smaller engines to get any real power from them. Hopefully the 4cyl Ecoboost with a manual makes enough power to move the larger heavier 4 dr without ragging out the motor. That’s one thing which Jeep always got right, having a manual available with their top power plant.we will see once they come out.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Cpt Craig

Go to that TFL youtube channel and search Ranger and you'll see the Turbo made a huge difference to the 2.3L engine it pulls like 7,300 LBS I think.

I got my $100 spot reserved but not completely committed yet laugh

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In June I ran into a bronco film crew in Wyoming. They had one of the 4 door orange models. I don't think any of the clips in the above video were from the spot I saw them in. They had a little camp set up with RVs and you could tell they were trying to be secretive. When we drove through the area there were several millennial, man bun types trying to act tough like we shouldn't be there. We just drove on through and ignored them.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Cpt Craig

Go to that TFL youtube channel and search Ranger and you'll see the Turbo made a huge difference to the 2.3L engine it pulls like 7,300 LBS I think.

I got my $100 spot reserved but not completely committed yet laugh

Mike

I'm committed. It's been almost 10 years since I bought my last vehicle and it's been 30 years since I've owned a Ford.
Just doing my part to stimulate the economy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't see this Lyon rings which is a plus.
The base model looks small, but the so did the originals with factory wheel arches..
The biggest issue with looks small is it means the interior could be really tight.

Air bags and all that stuff take up a lot of space..

-OMotS

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
I don't see this Lyon rings which is a plus.
The base model looks small, but the so did the originals with factory wheel arches..
The biggest issue with looks small is it means the interior could be really tight.

Air bags and all that stuff take up a lot of space..

The outside dimensions are slightly bigger than a Jeep, so it’s not roomy. I’m hoping I can remove the rear seat for more cargo room.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I don't mind the looks and amenities, but seems grossly under torqued to me. The 2.7L ecoboost boast 310HP and 400ft-lbs or torque - which based on numbers only, is impressive. But it's a turbo-ed engine. I bet it doesn't hit these numbers until 5000rpm. You need low end torque on the trail. You going to rev. it to 5000 to go through a boulder field or technical hill climb? Make no sense. The little diesel is the best option Jeep has ever added, for this reason.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've not driven the 2.7L, but the performance appeal of the Ecoboost engines is supposedly the lower/midrange torque advantage. Seems counter intuitive, but that's how the have the programming set up. They are torquey engines, not horsepower makers.

My 4.0L Tacoma makes 278ft/lbs at 3,700 rpm. The 2.7L Eco makes 400ft/lbs at 2,750rpm. I wish I had that kind of grunt in my Tacoma.

Last edited by JPro; 07/17/20.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
That’s not bad. Not as ideal as a diesel, but impressive as it delivers it low-mid range. Might even have some oomph, to pass too.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
I don't mind the looks and amenities, but seems grossly under torqued to me. The 2.7L ecoboost boast 310HP and 400ft-lbs or torque - which based on numbers only, is impressive. But it's a turbo-ed engine. I bet it doesn't hit these numbers until 5000rpm. You need low end torque on the trail. You going to rev. it to 5000 to go through a boulder field or technical hill climb? Make no sense. The little diesel is the best option Jeep has ever added, for this reason.

Had a Explorer with the 3.5 liter Ecoboost and the thing with turbos is that they don't need a ton of RPM to make their torque. It comes on low, like a diesel

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have a 2019 ford ranger for a company truck. It has the 4 cylinder eco boost. It is ran on lease roads, mostly in the woods. I am impressed with the torque it has. I would never have guessed it would have that much low end.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a 69 Bronco with 3000 miles on it. It was practically new. It replaced a 64 Scout with a 4 cylinder engine.
Big upgrade. I replaced the 69 Bronco with a new 78 Bronco. Nice truck but totally different than the 69. The 78 had a/c and automatic transmission. The 78 was more of a road truck where as the 69 was a billy goat off road.
If I was a little younger I would have to try one of the new Broncos. With all the improvements in running gear it will be a beast on and off road. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
As a young man, I missed my chance for a Bronco and later a Scout (finances). Later in life, owned a Bronco II and then a Jeep. The new Bronco has my attention.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

too late in life to switch from Toyota

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I'm not a ford person by any stretch, but if the new bronco is better at off roading than the new ranger it will be tough to beat. i admit I'm intrigued.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by tikkanut

too late in life to switch from Toyota

This. I'll take a 2-3 year old Land cruiser for the same price all day long. But I'm not a "car guy". I look for reliable, capable and as little depreciation as possible. Can't stand blowing money on depreciating assets.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Still keeping the Tacoma, but I've got a fairly basic Bronco on order. Ordered the 2DR Black Diamond with no options. Will be replacing the stock suspension with Fox coilovers once they become available. Just happy to have a new manual to drive. First Ford in 30 years. Should look exactly like this:

[img]https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/atta...-blue-black-diamond-factory-1-jpg.84387/[/img]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was watching a new Bronco commercial and they said that it has seven traction options!!! Really, you need seven? Water, sand, mud, ice, snow and a few more. I’ve been driving all these years and have only ever needed 2wd, 4wd high and low and I didn’t realize how deprived I’ve been.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Windfall
I was watching a new Bronco commercial and they said that it has seven traction options!!! Really, you need seven? Water, sand, mud, ice, snow and a few more. I’ve been driving all these years and have only ever needed 2wd, 4wd high and low and I didn’t realize how deprived I’ve been.

Computer optimization///something else to break!!

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Well, you should join us in the 21st Century. Vehicles now have a lot of cool stuff that weren't on the vehicles I grew up with. Power steering, power brakes, A/C, etc. Mostly pretty nice improvements. Also, in the last 30 years or so, the computer handles a lot of stuff and vehicles have regularly had more modes than your simple vehicle of yesteryear. The computer changes throttle response and shift points through different modes such as eco, sport, tow/haul. Of course, I'm sure you only drive a stick like me, because who needs an auto, but it is still nice to find a throttle response that fits since almost all new vehicles are throttle by wire.

I sure do miss adjusting those points though. Gave me something to look forward to.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Local place had a Badlands on skinny street tires, Still waiting to see a 2-door in person.

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Local place had a Badlands on skinny street tires, Still waiting to see a 2-door in person.

Mike

That was most likely the Sport and not the Bronco that you saw.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
May have been was from the road driving by. laugh

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Well, you should join us in the 21st Century. Vehicles now have a lot of cool stuff that weren't on the vehicles I grew up with. Power steering, power brakes, A/C, etc. Mostly pretty nice improvements. Also, in the last 30 years or so, the computer handles a lot of stuff and vehicles have regularly had more modes than your simple vehicle of yesteryear. The computer changes throttle response and shift points through different modes such as eco, sport, tow/haul. Of course, I'm sure you only drive a stick like me, because who needs an auto, but it is still nice to find a throttle response that fits since almost all new vehicles are throttle by wire.

I sure do miss adjusting those points though. Gave me something to look forward to.

Yes, but I’m the same guy who just dropped $1,600. over at my Ford dealer to pay their electrical “expert” to get the radio working again in my Platinum F150. When that computer wasn’t happy, nothing was working right, nav, back up camera, heater, defrost, a/c, radio, heated and cooled seats, automatic adjusting seats and steering wheel... The toggle for the six color options for the cup holders worked fine though. I’m currently a little disgruntled about Ford’s 21st century onboard electronics.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

NRA Endowment Member

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Put down a deposit to reserve a 4 door badlands with the 7 speed manual transmission. Dealer said it probably won’t be available until the 2022 models late this summer.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Seems they jumped the gun a bit, only been talking about them for 4-5 years now,,,,,

I'm in wait and see mode..

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
2DR with Fox coilovers on 37s at King of Hammers this week.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Got a build week date of June 28, so hopefully will have by early August. Planning to use it late August for a back country trip to Montana scouting for goats.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Cool!!

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
as the owner of an early Bronco, to me a lot of the mystique is the size. Small, narrow, nimble. I wish that Ford and the buyers thought about that, perhaps they did and discarded it. Seems like so many want to make their Broncos bigger taller and wider. Must be compensating.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Rollover standards forcing it probably.

The local place called me about my order, I said have you got a 2-door with squatch package for me to come physically look at and drive? Nope... then call me when you do my Jeep $$$ is still setting in the safe.

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
as the owner of an early Bronco, to me a lot of the mystique is the size. Small, narrow, nimble. I wish that Ford and the buyers thought about that, perhaps they did and discarded it. Seems like so many want to make their Broncos bigger taller and wider. Must be compensating.

LOL.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Is 76in wide, 100in wheelbase and 174 inch length big? Seemed about the same size as my FJ.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Its bigger than 68" wide, 92" wheelbase, and 152" long. Which was my point. I guess if you haven't been in one or driven one, it might not be as noticeable. It sure is to me.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
It's finally built. Just waiting for delivery. Got a set of Toyo 255/80/17s that will be put on at the dealer. Only took a year from reservation to build date.

Window sticker: windowsticker

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I hope they live up to the hype, will be interested in your assessment. Also have one on order but with the options ordered might not see it until 2023.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
I hope they live up to the hype, will be interested in your assessment. Also have one on order but with the options ordered might not see it until 2023.

I doubt they live up to the hype, but I'm hoping I'm happy with it.

I made the transition from V8s to 4cyl many years ago with my Tacoma. It was certainly a steep learning curve to get everything out of that small engine. I think that will help me with the Bronco. RPMs are your friend in a 4cyl. Took awhile to figure out it did not want to be under 2800rpm except when coasting. I expect the Bronco 4cyl to be the same, although the turbo will make it a little different. I just hope it doesn't have the throttle lag that the Tacoma has.

Hopefully have it in a couple of weeks.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The delivery charges are a joke, there have been several class action suits against Ford, hopefully there will be one filed on the Broncos.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The delivery charges are a joke, there have been several class action suits against Ford, hopefully there will be one filed on the Broncos.

No more a joke than MSRP. All charges are up front when ordering. I was under the assumption Ford would be making a profit. Like anything, the market will dictate what they can charge. People pay $80K for 1/2 ton trucks these days, so an additional $1500 fee isn't hardly noteworthy. They could just do away with it and include the additional price in MSRP though if people feel better about that.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Saw two 4-door soft tops this weekend they must have started delivering a few. I'm going to wait post covid and regular chip deliveries..

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Its bigger than 68" wide, 92" wheelbase, and 152" long. Which was my point. I guess if you haven't been in one or driven one, it might not be as noticeable. It sure is to me.

loved my EB...
but I would not have done the sacrilege of subjecting it to an eastern environment...

-OMotS

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The biggest hold up to production right now has been the hard tops, which is why if you've seen one, it's probably a soft top.
Mine was built in July but has been parked in a lot with thousands of other Broncos waiting for a good top. Supposedly they have a new design and have started to produce them, but so far mine is still sitting and waiting. All the hard top Broncos that have been delivered will have to have their tops replaced as well.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

loved my EB...
but I would not have done the sacrilege of subjecting it to an eastern environment...

I have no idea what that means

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

loved my EB...

I have no idea what that means

I'm thinking Early Bronco.

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm surprisingly in the know on what EB means, there Sparky, but no idea what he means about sacrilege and eastern environment.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Probably talking salty roads in the winter or salty coastal environs down in the SE. I don’t think there were any galvanized panels used on the 66-77s and they were known to rust badly in salty areas. Just my guess as that was what jumped to mind when I read it.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
EB
Eddie Bauer?

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
EB is short for Early Bronco, yes. And nothing galvanized on mine or any other EBs for sure.

Last edited by BKinSD; 09/22/21.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The old Broncos were pieces of crap.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
LOL sure they were.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Gal here at work rolled in driving a new black 2dr hardtop today. Pretty slick looking rig.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Do you know what trim level? There's a base model on the lot in Highmore but I haven't stopped to express any interest in it. I could see a 2dr or better yet a half-cab, but the four door doesn't interest me much.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
It’s the Outer Banks package. Haven’t talked with her yet but I assume it has the bigger Ecoboost. I did peek in the window and see it’s an auto trans. Sits on 315/75/17 tires and I like the stance

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Cool, super cool

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I cancelled my order yesterday. Ford sent out a promo on the upcoming bronco raptor and aggravated me. I ordered mine 7-7-2020 and I still don’t have a build date for that, yet they want to advertise the next generation of bronco. Fuuuck ford. Today I bought a Jeep gladiator Mojave. Hopefully I like it.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
We should have known the new Bronco was born under a bad sign when the original release date was on o.j.’s birthday. It’s been one bad break after another. I have one on order and thought I knew what I was getting into, expecting a long wait but it’s been one unfortunate set after another.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The new top is supposed to go on mine in October and probably ship in November.

Reserved opening night, 7-13-20. Sure didn’t think with a first night reservation I’d be waiting a year and a half. Good thing I wasn’t in need of a new vehicle way back then.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Been looking at the broncos, read this evening that raptor is going to be pushing 60k.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
And the new Broncos look like crap.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC

Well, the 4 door soft tops maybe.
2 door looks good to me. Besides, I don’t really care about looks. Function will decide if it stays around or not.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Looked like you could get one pretty cheap at black bear pass.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cwh2
Looked like you could get one pretty cheap at black bear pass.

Almost. That was a Sport that rolled there, although every make and model know to man has rolled when driven incorrectly.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Finally got a vin# and a build date of November 22. Wasn’t expecting that, thought it would be a 2022 by now.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LFC

NRA Endowment Member

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Fingers crossed for a half cab version in the future

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Fingers crossed for a half cab version in the future

That's the one I've always loved too!!!

NRA Endowment Member

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I’ve had my Bronco since July 6th or 7th? Don’t drive it much, maybe 1500 miles so far. I like it for running around, but it’s really not very useful. Wife and kids like it though!

Last edited by shortactionsmoker; 09/30/21.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have the Black Diamond with the Mid package.

Heated vinyl seats
Rubber floor with drain plugs
Gas mileage

Dislikes:
Rock grabbing tires
Lack of interior storage
Radio isn’t the best

I hadn’t done anything to it yet, but I’ll probably get a different set of tires and a light bar. Maybe a winch? I do have a cargo carrier for the hitch, but you need a hitch extension to clear the tire when folding it up.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Finally got a vin# and a build date of November 22. Wasn’t expecting that, thought it would be a 2022 by now.

Awesome! Hope you get it soon.

Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
I have the Black Diamond with the Mid package.

Heated vinyl seats
Rubber floor with drain plugs
Gas mileage

Dislikes:
Rock grabbing tires
Lack of interior storage
Radio isn’t the best

I hadn’t done anything to it yet, but I’ll probably get a different set of tires and a light bar. Maybe a winch? I do have a cargo carrier for the hitch, but you need a hitch extension to clear the tire when folding it up.

Can't wait to get my Black Diamond. It was built 7/13 and then went to the dirt lot waiting on a good top. Supposed to get a replacement top this month. Hopefully early December I'll actually take delivery.
Mine is a 2 door. I will get rid of the OEM Grabbers and put 255/80/17 Toyos on it. Remove at least one of the rear seats for more storage. Plan to do suspension once all the options are available. Probably Fox.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
For reference, mine was moved from May 31st to June 14th. I didn’t get my “built” email until it was delivered to my dealer. He’s a close friend of mine. Got it off the truck and put it in the showroom. He didn’t touch a sticker or anything. Had some dust on it from the ride and plastic still on everything inside.

I was a first hour reservation. Really lucky mine got out the door and to me so fast. I’m still the only delivery from my dealer. They have a couple mannequins though.

I see nothing wrong with my top either.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
For reference, mine was moved from May 31st to June 14th. I didn’t get my “built” email until it was delivered to my dealer. He’s a close friend of mine. Got it off the truck and put it in the showroom. He didn’t touch a sticker or anything. Had some dust on it from the ride and plastic still on everything inside.

I was a first hour reservation. Really lucky mine got out the door and to me so fast. I’m still the only delivery from my dealer. They have a couple mannequins though.

I see nothing wrong with my top either.

First night reservation. What a ride it's been.
Have they told you when you will get a new top, even though yours is fine? Sounds like they plan to replace all early tops. They decided that a week or so before mine was built, so that's why it's been parked with about 4,000 other Broncos for a couple of months.

What motor and trans did you get? Overall, are you happy with it even if you aren't the one getting the most use out of it?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yeah, I like it. I always keep a full size truck too. I’d been using a Ranger as my hunting rig the past few years, but the Bronco takes that spot now. I do miss the bed though. The Ranger had more towing capability too.

I have the auto with the 2.3. It’s plenty of power for what I use it for. Pretty peppy actually. I had the Ford Performance kit in my Ranger (same engine) and it really spiced up that engine. I expect to see something similar for the Bronco soon.

I got a letter about my top, but don’t expect it until later this month or next.

Im debating on ordering another one when the new order bank comes out. I want that new green color and I’d like to try the 2.7 and maybe the Sasquatch package. It’ll be 2023 before I’d get it anyway!

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Had it 3 weeks now and am loving it. So much more power than my Tacoma. The manual is smooth and fun to drive. Got a new suspension going in soon.

Rolling off the assembly line:

[Linked Image]

Day she came home:

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Nice! Glad it met your expectations and enjoying it.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Nice! Glad it met your expectations and enjoying it.

Yours still being built soon?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Yes, still scheduled for Monday 11/22. 4 dr badlands in cyber orange with the manual transmission.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Yes, still scheduled for Monday 11/22. 4 dr badlands in cyber orange with the manual transmission.

I'm liking the manual so far. I've driven a 4cy MT Tacoma for the last 10 years. Compared to that, the Bronco 4cyl MT is like driving a sports car. Getting around 20mph combined, but not driving for best gas mileage. I like to keep the 4cyl in the 2500-2800rpm range for cruising.

I got the Black Diamond, but have the Badlands suspension to put on it as well as Camburg rear trailing arms. It will probably be a couple of weeks before I have time to do that. It rides really well though compared to the Tacoma.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Good to know glad it came hardtopped, heard they were working out leak issues with them.

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Super glad to see all this!

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Good to know glad it came hardtopped, heard they were working out leak issues with them.

Mike

They've been working many issues. More concerning is the V6 and all the dropped valves. Not that many on the road, but several have already puked an engine.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Where quality is job #1! It’s sad to see the bungled rollout, as the concept seems really cool.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
So far I'm loving the Bronco. New coilovers and rear trailing arms. I've taken it down some pretty tight trails my Tacoma would have never fit on.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Excellent!

Wonder how far behind they are?

Thought about yours when I saw this guys channel

https://www.youtube.com/c/BudgetBronco

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
They sure look nice!

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
My buddy just got confirmation yesterday of his raptor version,I guess there not making many.Hes loaded so its just another toy to him.

NE Oklahoma
Love all things outside and enjoy cooking.Married with 3 kids
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Coopsdaddy
My buddy just got confirmation yesterday of his raptor version,I guess there not making many.Hes loaded so its just another toy to him.

The way Ford is going, he'll be lucky to have it in a year. There are a few things I like about the raptor, but I wouldn't want one. The long travel suspension and upgraded axles would be nice to have on the standard Bronco, but I don't like how wide it is and it's only available in a 4 door. I bet it is a lot of fun to bomb around in the desert though.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Yeah, they are awesome, but they take forever to recieve.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Had it 3 weeks now and am loving it. So much more power than my Tacoma. The manual is smooth and fun to drive. Got a new suspension going in soon.

[Linked Image]

Day she came home:

[Linked Image]

The Big Bend I just ordered will look very similar to yours. Same color.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looked at all the models at the dealership.

My thoughts are that the thing is tiny. I know guys who ordered them sight unseen, probably with visions of the full size Bronco in their mind.

It's the size of an Escape.

I also think the way the doors are set up is junk. The windows roll up without an external door frame and make a "seal" with the hard or soft top. After having a couple of full size Broncos, I would be very disappointed.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The new Bronco isn't the size of the 77-96 models, no, but it's bigger than an Escape. The new Bronco Sport actually is an Escape with a square body and some minor hardware changes. The new Bronco is about like a Wrangler, when you put them side by side. Current Wranglers aren't exactly small, but they are are not a full-size truck either.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Looked at all the models at the dealership.

My thoughts are that the thing is tiny. I know guys who ordered them sight unseen, probably with visions of the full size Bronco in their mind.

It's the size of an Escape.

I also think the way the doors are set up is junk. The windows roll up without an external door frame and make a "seal" with the hard or soft top. After having a couple of full size Broncos, I would be very disappointed.

No, it’s not the size of an escape, unless Escapes suddenly started coming with 35s from the factory. No, no one wanted a repeat of the 80s and 90s Bronco, but tiny it’s not. Full frame doors on a convertible would be stupid and no one would want that.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PrimeBeef

[Linked Image]

Day she came home:

[Linked Image]

The Big Bend I just ordered will look very similar to yours. Same color.

Great color choice!,

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Perhaps he was looking at the bronco sport, which is an escape.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by K1500
Perhaps he was looking at the bronco sport, which is an escape.

Yup, common error. Ford made the names so similar, it confuses people. Especially difficult is the "BRONCO" on the front of the Bronco Sport. Huge difference between the two vehicles. I don't think they have anything in common, mechanically.

Guy

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
My wife liked the looks of the Bronco Sport for her. We looked at them and were underwhelmed. Interior color choices were very odd and cheap looking.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
231 members (257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 280shooter, 36 invisible), 2,202 guests, and 959 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,641
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.