Campfire Ranger
7-13-20 8pm

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I’ve been waiting for many, many years. Hopefully ford doesn’t fuucck it up.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Check out their Bronco web site and you will see you have nothing to worry about. FoMoCo know's the market is dominated by Jeep and that's the competition and owners that will judge the engineering of this product launch. We shall see in a few days.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Here's the video

Ford Bronco Trailer

Last edited by NVhntr; 07/09/20.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Not impressed by the silhouettes..

And hate the lumo ring as much as the lumo outline on the Audi Q5 several generations ago.

Still hoping tho

Last edited by OldmanoftheSea; 07/09/20.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
That thing is really fugly. Does no justice to the early Bronco at all. Soccer moms will be lining up though. mtmuley

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Interested in the 2 door. Hope top is removable.

I had a 2011 FJ I regret selling. Wouldn't mind having something along the same size with removable top. I hope they have a base model designed to get dirty. Maybe even a solid front axle and ability to run 33in tires (at least) with no lift.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That pic looks like an animated version of an FJ in a movie like cars.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree. It reminded me of an FJ also and I never liked the looks of those. I don't get the tiny window thing. If I'm out 4 wheeling I want to see the scenery and a lot of it is above the roof line. I'm fairly tall so I'd have to scrunch down to look up.
Glass, more glass!

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm glad they are reintroducing the Bronco. I doubt their ability to catch lightning in a bottle, again, with this nameplate but I respect their attempt. I feel like they're trying to do too much with it, but its their deal, not mine.

I'm glad I've got my own early Bronco, took it for a spin last night and loved every second of it.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd rather have seen them build a full-size unit off the F150, keeping the wheelbase short, like they did from '77 to 96'. An XL-grade Bronco with the current 5.0L and 10spd auto would be nice with the vinyl floors and a wheelbase around 110 inches. My dad had an 84, 87, 91, 92, and a 96. They were a useful style of vehicle in the woods.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I guess it depends on the woods you’re in, but I find the smaller vehicles more user friendly. My Tacoma is better than a full size for many of my applications. I’m glad the Bronco is smaller than full size. The 7speed manual looks great. I like the option of 2lo.

As far as the older Broncos, I really liked the 77-78 models. If I had a full size, that would be the one.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
They can't duplicate the old Bronco. They have all those high priced designers and engineers on their payroll who have to earn their keep.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
They can't duplicate the old Bronco. They have all those high priced designers and engineers on their payroll who have to earn their keep.

That, and the fact they want to sell enough to actually make a profit. If you want a better old Bronco, they're out there. https://www.gatewaybronco.com/

They will make a modern, capable offroad vehicle that appeals to enough people to justify the expense of making it. For those who don't like it, there's plenty of SUV and minivan choices to please.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It doesn't much affect what they make it to look like on the surface, but underneath it'll be very different from the original. Safety and pollution rules alone require major changes.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
It doesn't much affect what they make it to look like on the surface, but underneath it'll be very different from the original. Safety and pollution rules alone require major changes.

Modern is not necessarily a bad thing. I like power brakes, power steering, etc. Safer in crashes is nice too.

I'm just hoping for a good, modern, utility grade vehicle that me and my dog can enjoy for the next 10 years or so. I'm hoping crank windows and rubber floor mat.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
“Supposedly”
3 models. Sport is a small model that looks like the Ford Escape.

Bronco models with 2 door and 4 door is based on the new ranger platform. Removable top. 35”s from the factory. Removable doors that store in the back. Available with a 6 speed manual With crawl gear. Diff lockers. This is a direct competitor to the wrangler. Great approach/departure angles. It checks the boxes for the off road crew. The leaked pics look pretty good. Supposedly an assortment of grill choices including a retro grill that looks like an Early Bronco

The bad is they’re only offering it with the 6 cylinder eco boost. Be nice to see the 5.0 coyote in it. They’re going to sell a million of these if the price isn’t totally off the wall.

If they offer them decently outfitted at $50k you can sign me up.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hunter4623
“Supposedly”

Bronco models with 2 door and 4 door is based on the new ranger platform. Removable top. 35”s from the factory. Removable doors that store in the back. Available with a 6 speed manual With crawl gear. Diff lockers. This is a direct competitor to the wrangler. Great approach/departure angles. It checks the boxes for the off road crew. The leaked pics look pretty good. Supposedly an assortment of grill choices including a retro grill that looks like an Early Bronco

The bad is they’re only offering it with the 6 cylinder eco boost. Be nice to see the 5.0 coyote in it. They’re going to sell a million of these if the price isn’t totally off the wall.

I'm hoping for less than $40K for what I'm wanting. All I want is the low gears with diff locks, 7sp MT, and not a whole lot else. I don't want extra speakers. I don't want plush carpet. I don't want Corinthian leather. I want utility. Hopefully for $35K. We'll see.

I'm planning for a 2dr in grabber blue.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Originally Posted by hunter4623
“Supposedly”

I'm hoping for less than $40K for what I'm wanting. All I want is the low gears with diff locks, 7sp MT, and not a whole lot else. I don't want extra speakers. I don't want plush carpet. I don't want Corinthian leather. I want utility. Hopefully for $35K. We'll see.

I'm planning for a 2dr in grabber blue.

I like your idea of a utility grade vehicle, but they don't sell outside of fleet sales and I doubt you're going to see one in the Bronco line.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
712 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 74 invisible), 2,663 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,683
Posts18,399,735
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.