Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by slumlord
Be very cautious of anyone like a cardiologist wants to do ANY type arteriogram with contrast.

That will harm his GFR situation possibly irreversible

If totally unavoidable. Ask for 2 vials of Mucamist orally to lube the contrast and sheiks the nephrons from that awful chit.

Because they *may* want to do an arteriogram exploration on your renal arteries

Just in case.

Jesus Christ..... You really ARE Kingston's sock puppet.
I think he is someone who has dealt with this and has educated himself on the subject.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
BP-B2

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Slumlord is correct on seeing the kidney guy, your Ca regulatory (not so much your Para gland) is out of whack. The depression is a pretty good give away.

and correct--- no anti-inflammatory drugs.

and again correct, you are developing plaques or stones

without the rest of your labs, t3/t4 (regulates Ca channels in cellular communications) ratio, free test/estrogen, DHT, urinary (bladder emptying time and volumes) pH I would be guessing,--- just like an endo

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Be very cautious of anyone like a cardiologist wants to do ANY type arteriogram with contrast.

That will harm his GFR situation possibly irreversible

If totally unavoidable. Ask for 2 vials of Mucamist orally to lube the contrast and sheiks the nephrons from that awful chit.

Because they *may* want to do an arteriogram exploration on your renal arteries

Just in case.

Jesus Christ..... You really ARE Kingston's sock puppet.
I think he is someone who has dealt with this and has educated himself on the subject.

Without a doubt. Slummy's a lot smarter than he portrays himself to be

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by JGRaider
JG what are last two labs on PTH? Give us (me) the number value.

Most clinicians won’t act unless pth is 10x the upper value.

Mine runs in 600s. I’m on sensipar and calctriol for it. And it’s barely dips below 300. They just give me the shrug. Like no big deal.

I think normal ranges are 40-100

Expect it to be more, obviously if you got any inkling of a compromised renal function. Thoughts I remember, you posted your GFR based on my memory of that thread it wasn’t that bad IMO.

Now you can have good GFR but your kidneys can’t still be miscommunicating the regulation of pth and calcium allocation.

I have a shîtty GFR but I have zero issue with phosphorous and potassium. Most low renal patients, K and Ph are the absolute devil to them.

Post up your lab value. On the PTH.

GFR 31
PTH was 6........not a misprint.......6.

JG,

Best of luck to you.

Good new is, once you get this fixed you'll feel much better.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Raider I hope you get better. I think Endocrinologist are good doctors most times. I have a number of weird conditions that got treated with medications and cured with diet change. It sucks.

One of my doctors told me most GP doctors are like auto mechanics, they just do a textbook diagnostic and try to diagnose. He said the research type doctors, Cancer, cardio, neuro, Endo, and some dermatologist go that extra “inquiring” mile.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 07/02/20.
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Etoh
Slumlord is correct on seeing the kidney guy, your Ca regulatory (not so much your Para gland) is out of whack. The depression is a pretty good give away.

without the rest of your labs, t3/t4 (regulates Ca channels in cellular communications) ratio, free test/estrogen, DHT, urinary (bladder emptying time and volumes) pH I would be guessing,--- just like an endo

Got the rest of analysis from hematologist. Along with what I posted above, my appetite has come back nicely, no nausea anymore just slight indigestion occasionally, still dry mouthed but urine is clear. Overall I feel pretty good, much better than the previous 5 weeks.

Low Vitamin D
Elevated PTHrP
Cancer free
Phosphorous good
Proteins good

Last edited by JGRaider; 07/08/20.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Sounding good JG.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Etoh

Got the rest of analysis from hematologist. Along with what I posted above, my appetite has come back nicely, no nausea anymore just slight indigestion occasionally, still dry mouthed but urine is clear. Overall I feel pretty good, much better than the previous 5 weeks.

Low Vitamin D
Elevated PTHrP
Cancer free
Phosphorous good
Proteins good

Excellent news! smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Etoh, much appreciate your input as always.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Following this

Sounds good, still need to get to a neph

Phosphorus good, means you can pour the beans to that chili 😃

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Ha, right on guys! Also, at least one other doctor, along with the two I've seen here, seem to "believe" that the kidney's are the victim, not the source of the problem in my case. Hope their right. Appreciate the king words and well wishes.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ha, right on guys! Also, at least one other doctor, along with the two I've seen here, seem to "believe" that the kidney's are the victim, not the source of the problem in my case. Hope their right. Appreciate the king words and well wishes.

Thats an interesting angle. It might even prod me to follow my earlier gut instinct, a few months back I leaned on my neph about a recommended referral to an endocrinologist about my PTH

I even asked the neph if taking out my parathyroids would be a good thing (based off of what I researched) my doc shot me down and said that taking them out “in her experience” made the GFR worse and had tossed some people into dialysis.

I think I might just get myself an appt anyway to see an Endo, at least for entertainment or education purposes.

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Thats an interesting angle. It might even prod me to follow my earlier gut instinct, a few months back I leaned on my neph about a recommended referral to an endocrinologist about my PTH

I even asked the neph if taking out my parathyroids would be a good thing (based off of what I researched) my doc shot me down and said that taking them out “in her experience” made the GFR worse and had tossed some people into dialysis.

I think I might just get myself an appt anyway to see an Endo, at least for entertainment or education purposes.

Get one that strips as a night gig - just to cover your bases.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Cancer free

JG,
That's great news.

Glad you are feeling a little better.

I look forward to your return to normal.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by add

Get one that strips as a night gig - just to cover your bases.

I do look at profile pics, edu and bio before I chose a doctor.

I picked a hot Indian chick to do my colonoscopy. What have I got to lose ? Right??

Better than Barnaby Jones or Marcus Welby crawling up my ass

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
PTL

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
700 Club?

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J

Slum, you've likely already done this, but I thought at first it was a parathyroid issue with me as well. I was about sold on it actually and I still can't rule it out even though I'm obviously not a Dr. Go to this link, https://www.parathyroid.com /parathyroid.htm and read a little. It is a wealth of information from the world's foremost authorities on the subject. I think you'll at least find it interesting.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
[quote=JGRaider]Cancer free

JG,
That's great news.

Glad you are feeling a little better.

I look forward to your return to normal.

/quote]

Thank you AS. I'm a big enough PITA when I fell great, and an even bigger one the past 6-7 weeks.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
700 Club?

Praise The Lord.

Now JG can take me deer hunting. smile

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
771 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 12308300, 77 invisible), 3,024 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,715
Posts18,400,368
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.