Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Who here believes that a dog can point out an ahole?

My German wirehair is very happy to almost everybody. Like 99%. But for some reason it doesn’t like certain people. One of them is a distant family member. And for that one, the dog is spot on.

Anyone else see this?

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yup...Trust the dog...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I had a chocolate lab when I lived in Oakland (Ca). The dog was the friendliest, goofiest guy around, unless he saw a negro (which, in Oakland, is all the time). I've heard of other dogs having this type of reaction, so I never thought much of it. But back then (I think it was early 2002), I lived near Lake Merritt, which is also where the mayor of Oakland would walk every day. He (Jerry Brown) also had a lab and our dogs would play as we walked, but my dog stopped to bark at every black person who passed by. I looked at the mayor and said "I guess you trained your pup to not react to threats".

I think he figured out what I meant after I left.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
In my experience, dogs raised by white people don't like blacks, and vice versa. I suspect it has to do with the difference in smell.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I certainly believe that dogs are good judges of people. I once had a dalmatian who loved people, but tried to bite every a$$hole she ever met. She batted 1000 on that as far as I am concerned.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dogs and children are good judges of character.

"cept for that White/Black thing. Dogs can be racist! (For real!)

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by RAS

My German wirehair is very happy to almost everybody. Like 99%. But for some reason it doesn’t like certain people. One of them is a distant family member. And for that one, the dog is spot on.

Anyone else see this?

Dogs like any animal have a "Sixth Sense" and we should always trust their instinct. As hunters many of us have seen animals stop...think.. and change direction for no apparent reason.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This guy had about a 100% track record. If he didn’t like you, neither did I.

And he really was a bit of a racist. And no I didn’t teach him that. Have no idea why...

Last edited by Dryfly24; 07/08/20.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by RAS

Anyone else see this?

My Jules did not like a goofy adopted nephew.

My Babe does not like sukers loaded with musk colonge?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I certainly believe that dogs are good judges of people. I once had a dalmatian who loved people, but tried to bite every a$$hole she ever met. She batted 1000 on that as far as I am concerned.

When I was a kid, a farmer in the county had a Dalmatian who would, no kidding, run up to salesmen and Jehova's Witnesses when they came to the door, hike his leg, and piss on them.

I really wanted a pup out of that dog...

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

The beagle loves almost everyone, but there are some people that she just will not go near.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Personally, I don't believe in the "racist" thing.

I do believe the dogs I've had were/are very attuned to the appearance of any person, until they become accustomed to said person.

When one lives in an all white household, in a predominantly white neighborhood, what does one expect of their dog upon meeting a person who looks entirely different?

Our dogs now, have no problem with our black neighbor, they like him when he comes over, as he did for Thanksgiving dinner. Then again, he's a nice negro, right?

I've had more than one dog, as I'm sure others on here have, that did not like folks in uniform. Coppers, Postal workers (reason to be afraid there? shocked ), UPS, FedEx, Meter readers, etc.

Over the years our dogs have warned us of folks acting "weird", as in behavior that didn't seem what normal folks should be doing.

Had one great dog, never could understand why he did not like folks wearing hats. Given that I wear hats all the time, even indoors (I've got a ball cap on as I type this). Was he trying to tell me something? I was awfully tough on that dog for a few years.

But "racist"? Not mine at least.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sgt217
Yup...Trust the dog...

Ditto. ^^^^^

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Absolutely! And very seldom are they wrong.

If a dog is raised and socialized properly and there is someone they don't like..........Heed the warning.

Charlotte the wonder dog was scared of Black people, it's not that she didn't like them she was just scared of them. I met a couple of Black people and when I shared my story with them they were more than happy to help me work on it with her, these two people she came to like and trust but she was still scared of the ones she didn't know.

I do know she was abused before I was able to enjoy her so I do believe it was a Black person that had done the abusing and that is why she had the problem.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by sgt217
Yup...Trust the dog...

Ditto. ^^^^^

Yep.

Seen it time and again.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad

I do believe the dogs I've had were/are very attuned to the appearance of any person, until they become accustomed to said person.

When one lives in an all white household, in a predominantly white neighborhood, what does one expect of their dog upon meeting a person who looks entirely different?

Our dogs now, have no problem with our black neighbor, they like him when he comes over, as he did for Thanksgiving dinner. Then again, he's a nice negro, right?

I've had more than one dog, as I'm sure others on here have, that did not like folks in uniform. Coppers, Postal workers (reason to be afraid there? shocked ), UPS, FedEx, Meter readers, etc.

Over the years our dogs have warned us of folks acting "weird", as in behavior that didn't seem what normal folks should be doing.

Had one great dog, never could understand why he did not like folks wearing hats. Given that I wear hats all the time, even indoors (I've got a ball cap on as I type this). Was he trying to tell me something? I was awfully tough on that dog for a few years.

I've been assured by my friends on the left that racism can only occur when the party engaging in racist behavior has "power" over the target, and that's something that means blacks can't be racist since they've been disenfranchised. Well, until my dog is given the power to vote and paid reparations, he ain't a racist, even though he hated blacks.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Valsdad

We lived in a very small, rural town in western Maine where there was only one black family in the entire town consisting of the mother and two daughters. One of the daughters was high school classmates with my own daughter. On occasion she would bring a bunch of them over the house like HS girls do. My German Shepherd (in the previous pic I posted) would come unglued at the site of her.

No problems whatsoever with the other girls as he acted normally when around them - a big teddy bear. But he absolutely hated that girl and we had to be careful whenever she was around. I could never reason why. She was a nice kid and it always made me feel bad. Happened a few other times similar situations. Only thing I could figure is he just wasn’t used to seeing them or maybe they were afraid of him.

Last edited by Dryfly24; 07/08/20.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
In my experience, dogs raised by white people don't like blacks, and vice versa. I suspect it has to do with the difference in smell.

My black neighbor's dog does not like me and most dogs do. Whenever I would get close to the property line he would raise hell. I talked to him, fed him, and let him smell my hand through the fence. Eventually he started licking my hand through the fence. Finally he would raise up on the fence and let me pet him. I figured we were buds. One day I was petting him and my neighbor's daughter came over with her little yap yap dog......which bounded out into the yard......wait for it.....yapping. That got the big dog I was petting excited and he snapped at my hand.....kind of a close call. Haven't messed with him since.

I think the dog is the one who is the ahole in this situation! laugh

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
My English Springer Spaniel is a female and she is a bitch. And like most females today insists on picking her own friends. To her everyone is suspect ,try to make friends with her and you will fail period. When she decides your ok she will come and make friends with you honest that is how it works. Put up with it? Yup she is a bird hunting fool . She is a rescue dog. They sometimes come with problems . MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

277 members (257 mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 34 invisible), 1,392 guests, and 1,092 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,225
Posts18,447,570
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.