Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
As MS says "you don't get the fight you want'. If you don't train and practice you won't function well under adverse conditions. LAV is the real deal as demonstrated by his quick discrimination of the no shoot targets and his methodical accuracy.

A good practice technique at home is to have someone in the room to be cleared w/ a flashlight that lights you up as soon as they see your weapon or part of your body. Slow deliberate clearing is good when you have that option. You had better have other plans if you hear a kid screaming or have an intruder and children in several bedrooms. A light is essential for target ID and may effect how you open doors. An airsoft replica of you gun is affordable and a great training aid.

Practice, practice, practice.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
BP-B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Some of you all stars should be teaching they rest of us poor untrained souls how it's done.....
I should have paid more attention in MOUT.
bunches o Killa z here in internet lands.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by ringworm
Some of you all stars should be teaching they rest of us poor untrained souls how it's done.....
I should have paid more attention in MOUT.
bunches o Killa z here in internet lands.

There is more good training available from gifted instructors who have a vast depth of experience than ever before. MOUT is a good prep that has little application in a civilian, single person engagement. That you fail to recognize that is not surprising. If you think you are good enough you are wrong.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
This.

Consequence management, stray rounds, legal liabilities, untrained persons moving in the field of fire, make a gunfight in my home mostly versions of lose-lose where I can mitigate some of the damage but not all.

Urban combat is different than home defense or repelling home invaders. If only because “urban combat” involves some expectation of collateral damage that’s not acceptable in my home or neighborhood.

Originally Posted by lvmiker
MOUT is a good prep that has little application in a civilian, single person engagement.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
A couple weeks ago there was a older lady that had her house broke into early in the morning. Guy had sit out on her porch and chiseled away at the door frame all night until he got the bolt to slide free and opened the door nice and quite. She heard him moving around the house. Woke up and grabbed her pistol (Widow in a rural area) Proceeded to check the house. As soon as she found the guy and raised the gun, He yelled "Search Warrant" and blinded her with a flashlight. Confused her enough that he got away, ran 1/4 mile down the road to where his truck was parked and drove off.

At my house, I'm more worried that someone I know will come in, and I'll be so amped up that something horrible would happen. Although, I don't get the late night visitors like back when we were all single and drunk.

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
715 members (16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 222Sako, 21, 12308300, 68 invisible), 2,734 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,621
Posts18,398,580
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.