Smells like pig chit in the plant.

Wtf

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Report them to OSHA. You are not getting the minimum amount of oxygen mandated by OSHA when you wear those mask. Tell em to fuqk off with their mask bullshit.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have ODD.

Besides being odd some would say, I have Oxygen Deprivation Disorder.

Someone said today that the people he is the boss over are not allowed God's daily dosage of oxygen if they go into public.

I smother, get a headache and will be considered diagnosed with the covid.

The osha thing sounds good, but it might get your boss to find another reason to do a lay off. I don't know what anyone can do for backed up sewers. Had that problem at my school every stinking rain. I covered the inside drain and it stopped. Don't think yours would be that easy, but don't count on supervisors to do something that novel. If you don't want him to know, some would have a removable clog covered by the drain cover when nobody is looking.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by mirage243
Report them to OSHA. You are not getting the minimum amount of oxygen mandated by OSHA when you wear those mask. Tell em to fuqk off with their mask bullshit.

This. Report your employer. A crappy mask is worse than unemployment.

Genius.

JFC.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Better off with a full organic cartridge style than the paper N95. I've worked full 16hr shifts days on end in them. Luckily I never smoked, still that hard breathing is hard work. After that sort of stuff, it's a lot of poor baby when I hear compliants about masks.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
IC B2

H
hookeye Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
H
Our masks are Covid masks, for Covid.
The pig chit smell just happens when the sewers flood......city street out front.
Wearing a mask in a hot plant sucks, then smelling the sewer w a mask............added insult.
A couple days of that pig chit smell and I'll be down w lung infection.

Last edited by hookeye; 07/08/20.
H
hookeye Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
H
Company says it's the city's problem.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Ok, I apparently haven't gotten my share of abuse yet, so here goes:

The oxygen depravation bit is nonsense. The mask does not block enough to affect your O2 levels. If you don't believe me, find someone with an O2 monitor and try it out.

I find it funny that people believe masks are both ineffective because they don't block anything AND impenetrable forcefield that stop all oxygen from passing through. Pick a lane.

Masks are misunderstood. They aren't intended to protect YOU. they're intended to protect other people FROM YOU if you're a carrier. They work even though the weave is too loose to stop viral particles because you're not shedding bare viral particles. They're trapped in respiratory droplets which can be blocked by tight knit fabric. The sudies so far suggest they have an effect. Are they perfect? No. Do they suck and make me inhale my own coffee breath all day? Yes. But in the scheme of things they're a pretty minor inconvenience.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I had to go to the hospital to get some ABGs and other labs done after my pulmonoligist exam a few weeks back. I'm on immunosuppressants so I wore an N95 mask while they were drawing the arterial blood for the blood gases test.

I was also on a good pulse oximeter while the tests were running and noticed my O2 levels were better than they had been in weeks. The Respiratory therapist said while I'm on the other side of the room take your mask off for a bit and let's see what your levels do. I took it off and over the next few minutes my o2 levels dropped noticeably.

The RT explained that the little bit of back pressure provided by the mask helped open up the bases of my lungs and increased perfusion. Its probably not the same for everyone but the mask upped my o2 about 6 points on average. My arterial o2 test only came back at 61% whatever that means.

I'll let others decide if they work for them but about the only store I'm ok with going in still is Costco. They ask others to wear masks too and I don't have to worry about as many droplets being blown around.

Many people around here say they will never wear one and believe that covid doesn't even exist. Just saw a local thread on Facebook where many locals I know were saying they will never get tested even if they get sick because they know covid isn't real. Several said even if it is real they are young and healthy so they're not worried. They confirmed if they get sick they will go untested and continue out into public just like nothing was wrong. I'll just stay home while they build herd immunity.

I've said for months we need to isolate those at risk and let everyone else go along like normal. I just wish they would let my wife take some more time away from work. Hard for me to isolate with her on the frontlines.

Bb

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Why the mask for a simple flu bug? Insane politics is all it is. Panic riddled bullshit! I will not comply, ever!

IC B3

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I dont think I'll get far convincing you otherwise, but here is my attempt. This isn't a flu bug. It's not the apocalypse either, but it's already surpassed any flu in recent memory. This is empirically worse. There's a member on another thread talking about being in a medically induced coma from it. Do you know anyone who has had that from influenza? Lastly, how likely is it that every nation on earth would play along with some democratic political stunt? I dont see that happening.

The masks are shown to have a significant effect on transmission rates. I'll link the studies if you like.

Look at countries that have contained this, specifically Japan and S. Korea. They wear masks, people get tested, and follow medical guidance if they're positive. It really was that simple.

I dont understand why this had to politicized. It should be viewed as taking civic responsibility, not being oppressed. It's a minor annoyance for you that could save someone else.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by MTDan
I dont think I'll get far convincing you otherwise, but here is my attempt. This isn't a flu bug. It's not the apocalypse either, but it's already surpassed any flu in recent memory. This is empirically worse. There's a member on another thread talking about being in a medically induced coma from it. Do you know anyone who has had that from influenza? Lastly, how likely is it that every nation on earth would play along with some democratic political stunt? I dont see that happening.

The masks are shown to have a significant effect on transmission rates. I'll link the studies if you like.

Look at countries that have contained this, specifically Japan and S. Korea. They wear masks, people get tested, and follow medical guidance if they're positive. It really was that simple.

I dont understand why this had to politicized. It should be viewed as taking civic responsibility, not being oppressed. It's a minor annoyance for you that could save someone else.

Show me one scientific study that proves masks work, you can't because they don't exist

https://nonvenipacem.com/2020/05/28...-says-wearing-masks-in-public-is-stupid/

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/05/masks-symbolic-say-dr-fauci-new-england-journal-medicine/

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/04/150422121724.htm

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Ok, I took the time to read your sources, which wasnt that much since two of them are referring to the same NEJM article. Did you actually read the article they cite? It doesn't say what they claim it does. First and foremost, it isn't a study. There's no data presented. Secondly it saying "masks are not a pancea" does not mean that they have no place or are stupid as your clearly biased secondary source claims. The actual article also says the following:

"More compelling is the possibility that wearing a mask may reduce the likelihood of transmission from asymptomatic and minimally symptomatic health care workers with Covid-19 to other providers and patients. This concern increases as Covid-19 becomes more widespread in the community. We face a constant risk that a health care worker with early infection may bring the virus into our facilities and transmit it to others. Transmission from people with asymptomatic infection has been well documented, although it is unclear to what extent such transmission contributes to the overall spread of infection."

Again, masks arent intended to protect YOU. they're intended to protect others FROM YOU if you're shedding virus and dont have symptoms.

In the future, I recommend reading the actual research, not some pundit telling you what you're supposed to take away from it.

Ok, I read yours, now read mine

This article in particular cites several other important papers

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2468042720300117

https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m1442.short

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Oh, I forgot to mention, the study from Vietnam you posted is talking about cloth masks during prolonged use in high risk settings (like an ICU). it is not talking about the brief use of a mask when you go into a shop AT ALL. You clearly didn't read past the title.

It says " We should be cautious about cloth mask use in healthcare settings, particularly high-risk situations such as emergency departments, intensive care, paediatric or respiratory wards."

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Symbolic you missed that didn't you. A virus is too small t OK be filtered by cloth masks and if you think the cloth masks don't hold bacteria then you ate an idiot

They aren't po protecting anyone

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Give it splash of listerine, carry a little travel size bottle in pocket.

Freshen it up for all them hot chicks in the plant. 😃

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Oh, here's one more for you. I know that first study was a tough read. This analyses mask effectiveness in china, korea, and Italy and calls masks "vital" I know that because I actually read it....

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2590097820300124

If you read what I said before you'd know that the masks aren't stopping bare virus particles, but you're not shedding bare virus. You're shedding water droplets with virus in them. Masks have some effectiveness against that and partial effectiveness will prevent a lot of infection.

Cloth masks absolutely can hold bacteria. So change then out! Don't wear them 12 hours a day! It's not that difficult. You're searching for any little thing to grab onto, even though the evidence is against you.

So I've given you peer reviewed published medical journals to support my position. You gave me opinion pieces from sketchy news sites and research taken out of context. But somehow I'm the idiot...

So I ask you sincerely, what would it take to change your mind?

Last edited by MTDan; 07/09/20. Reason: Added content
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by slumlord
Give it splash of listerine, carry a little travel size bottle in pocket.

Freshen it up for all them hot chicks in the plant. 😃

Dr. Tichenors. That’ll clear you from stem to stern.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Also, jwp45 both of my sources are more recent than yours (which was ftom all the way back on 01APR. The data hadn't even started to come in by that point.

SCIENCE CHANGES. And the opinions of the wise change too.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

473 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 55 invisible), 2,930 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,558
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.