Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
These are different times, for sure.

However one thing for me that has not changed.....is my appreciation for our military. The people, regardless of gender, ethnicity and other differences will always have my respect and thanks.

Today is a day to reflect on that. Also the many people, who since the Revolution through today that have lost their lives should be honored.

The people who are still with us should be thanked today for what a great country we have despite what is going on today.

The flag should be looked upon proudly today as she flies over our country. Thank a current member and/or a veteran today.

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Amen.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks, Cpt. David E. Royal, USAR-Ret.
What are you guys doing today? I driving my rot rod in the Big Pine 4th of July parade adorned with American flags and posters for Cythia Lummis who is running for the senate seat being vacated by Mike Enzi.

Last edited by wyo1895; 07/04/20.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Iโ€™ll be celebrating our 52nd wedding anniversary with my wife. Barbecuing, some adult beverages, and watching the fireworks.
Also celebrating our country, even with all itโ€™s problems of late, still the greatest country on earth.

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
IC B2

J
Joe Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Only country in the world where multitudes come to better their lives and the foolish idiots are trying to overthrow it! Long may She stand!!

Shew me thy ways, O LORD: teach me thy paths.
"there are few better cartridges on Earth than the 7 x 57mm Mauser"
"the .30 Springfield is light, accurate, penetrating, and has surprising stopping power"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
right on joe

Ed

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Amen. ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Joe You are correct! Happy forth to everyone!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Happy fourth everyone. Putting in a new drainfield and relaxing later.

LOL
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Relaxed all afternoon with friends eating smoked brisket and drinking German beer while planning some hunting trips and .22 benchrest matches. Fixing to load the cannon and fire a salute to our Republic. (Might upset the neighbor's chickens but that's life. grin )

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

We need to remind EVERYONE of this excerpt from the Declaration of Independence.

Especially now...

Happiness is the purpose of Conscious Life
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Blitz
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

We need to remind EVERYONE of this excerpt from the Declaration of Independence.

Especially now...

A big amen to that.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by diamondjim
These are different times, for sure.

However one thing for me that has not changed.....is my appreciation for our military. The people, regardless of gender, ethnicity and other differences will always have my respect and thanks.

Today is a day to reflect on that. Also the many people, who since the Revolution through today that have lost their lives should be honored.

The people who are still with us should be thanked today for what a great country we have despite what is going on today.

The flag should be looked upon proudly today as she flies over our country. Thank a current member and/or a veteran today.

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

Happy Independence Day to our greatest neighbor and friend

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
A Day Late But God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
God bless our great nation.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Blitz

Especially now...

It was a radical thought then and it will always test the boundaries of governmental control and personal liberty for as long as we honor it. And to that I always like to add Mr's Lincoln's thoughts on it being a government of, by and for the people. Never let that one slip through your hands.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Spent the afternoon and evening at the local VFW among Patriots. Even had a Medal of Honor recipient there for the festivities. Ft Campbell canceled their fireworks show so we had our own. I won a door prize! A 1.75 bottle of Jack. grin

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by S99VG
[quote=Blitz]"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

Especially now...

Thomas Jefferson wrote that.

Now "they" want to tear down all his monuments and the Jefferson Memorial because Black Lives Matter.

He also wrote one of my sig lines, amongst many other things. One of the most important and influential men in American History. One could vehemently argue the point that no American black, white or otherwise would have the freedoms they enjoy today if TJ would have never been born.

Whatever....

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 99guy
Originally Posted by S99VG
[quote=Blitz]"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

Especially now...

Thomas Jefferson wrote that.

Now "they" want to tear down all his monuments and the Jefferson Memorial because Black Lives Matter.

He also wrote one of my sig lines, amongst many other things. One of the most important and influential men in American History. One could vehemently argue the point that no American black, white or otherwise would have the freedoms they enjoy today if TJ would have never been born.

Whatever....

I have to give credit to Blitz for that quote. All I added was the government for, by and of the people stuff

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 16penny, 60 invisible), 2,368 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,254
Posts18,467,002
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.