24hourcampfire.com
-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
10essee Offline OP
OP Offline
New to the forum and have been trying to find 6.5x55 Norma brass. Seems to be unavailable or discontinued. Does anyone know if Norma dropped the Swede from the line. Even factory loaded from them seems to be non-existent.

GB1

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Welcome to the Fire.

I like Lapua brass and that's what I use.

Check out this link, read the reviews. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021351919?pid=569227

DF

10essee Offline OP
OP Offline
I did find a 100 Norma several months ago when I started the build I’m shooting them out of so I’d like to keep the same manufacture even though it wouldn’t be the same lot. I’m not opposed to using Lapua if I have to in order to build up a stash pile of brass. Was just curious if Norma dropped the caliber as midway,brownells and others either don’t even show the Swede as an option in Norma brass or state discontinued by manufacturer.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by 10essee
I did find a 100 Norma several months ago when I started the build I’m shooting them out of so I’d like to keep the same manufacture even though it wouldn’t be the same lot. I’m not opposed to using Lapua if I have to in order to build up a stash pile of brass. Was just curious if Norma dropped the caliber as midway,brownells and others either don’t even show the Swede as an option in Norma brass or state discontinued by manufacturer.

Manufacturers often produce lower demand products in batches. They may be between runs.

DF

10essee Offline OP
OP Offline
I’ll keep a look out for it and see if it shows back up and if not I’ll grab up a couple hundred Lapua and build on those when the Norma are shot out. Thanks.

IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by 10essee
I’ll keep a look out for it and see if it shows back up and if not I’ll grab up a couple hundred Lapua and build on those when the Norma are shot out. Thanks.

I'd suggest shooting them as batches and see how different the POI and/or groups may be.

My guess, not enough difference to report.

DF

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
There used to be a guy from Sweden, Norway... somewhere over there who sold 1x-fired 6.5x55 Norma brass on Gunbroker. Seems like it was $45-60/100 shipped. Might check there.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Check Huntington Die Specialties. I buy Norma 7x61 Sharpe & Hart brass from them. I haven't bought anything there recently, but they have had a good selection of Norma brass in the past.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have to wonder if Norma brass supplies are just a little more seasonal. It seems like some Norma bullets are less available between hunting seasons. Just my observation.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Norma used to, or maybe still do make loaded ammunition for Arisaka rifles, but its pricey

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Norma seems to manufacturing less brass or less variety lately. In the past I felt the Lapua was the better brass but lately a lot of the Lapua brass is made by Norma but to Lapua specs, the primer holes are punched now previously Lapua drilled theirs. But the Lapua 6.5x55 brass I got recently is still quality stuff, it is also the least expensive Lapua brass usually. Unless Norma starts becoming more available I would switch to Lapua.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Tejano
Norma seems to manufacturing less brass or less variety lately. In the past I felt the Lapua was the better brass but lately a lot of the Lapua brass is made by Norma but to Lapua specs, the primer holes are punched now previously Lapua drilled theirs. But the Lapua 6.5x55 brass I got recently is still quality stuff, it is also the least expensive Lapua brass usually. Unless Norma starts becoming more available I would switch to Lapua.

Lapua is all I've used in my Swede.

I've always thought it was the best, or at least at the top of the list.

DF

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Norma brass seems pretty good stuff and was available here when Winchester and Remington got scarce a few years ago. However the price of Norma brass has jumped through the roof.

Did that happen in the US as well? Did zinc and copper prices rise on the world market or something?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Norma and Lapua are both pretty high priced here.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Last time I bought Lapua it was almost the same as Norma and a lot less than Nosler. But both seem to start at $1.00 a case and go up from there.

Gunbroker had a couple of listings for Norma and several sources had Lapua. They started at about $83 per hundred to $98 per 100 with Lapua on the high end.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
10essee Offline OP
OP Offline
Well picked up 200 Lapua to have as extra stash. I will say from the looks of it compared to my Norma brass it doesn’t look as well. Some of the annealing blue runs all the way to the case head but only on one side. It’s definitely strange to me seeing case coloring go that far down. It’s new unfired from the same lot. Anyone experience this or am I not seeing what I think I see. Not sure on the picture posting part of the site.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 7 invisible), 1,581 guests, and 753 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,557
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.