-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
these appliance threads are always across the board. You'll find as many people that love a brand as hate it.

I've generally had good luck with Kenmore but the last Kenmore item I had was probably 15 years ago

As of 2017, Kenmore products are produced by manufacturers including Whirlpool, LG, Electrolux, Panasonic, Cleva North America, and Daewoo Electronics. Today, the majority of the brand's portfolio is sold at Sears, Kmart, and Amazon.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes,

and officially deemed a chucklehead too.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Oh, and good luck finding a freezer, every place I've checked has had them back ordered for months since covid 19.

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Oh, and good luck finding a freezer, every place I've checked has had them back ordered for months since covid 19.

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not a fan of Kenmore. The quality went down several years ago IMO. While raising a young family and putting food on the table I used to try to repair our washers and dryers when they broke down prematurely. Which was regular with Kenmore brand. Anymore I start bleeding just looking at those sharp edges.

I have no recommendation. Most brands don't build for longevity. Bad for their bottom line.

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
We have whirlpool

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Seems like a crapshoot anymore. Some investigating shows that quite a few of them are owned in situations like Remington/Marlin etc conglomerates. We know how that's working out.

Even Amana is owned by an entity that owns Whirlpool and Maytag it seems, and they used to make some really good stuff. Now it seems all three brands are basically the same units with some different add ons. Shades of General Motors, where a Caddy is just a fancy Chevy now.

Someone mentioned Speed Queen. I'm thinking they'll be the go to for the next washer we get, a commercial model.

Now to make a decision. It just might be something from the Home Depot up the road 2 hrs or maybe I just order something from Costco and have the $$ go toward the yearly refund.

Thanks all.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lol, that’s what happened at my house this week. The redhead found a floor model mini fridge at HD and they took another $100 off the sale price.

It’s in the basement. I’ll find out the brand when I get home.

Sometimes, it’s easier to just go with the flow....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Seems like a crapshoot anymore. Some investigating shows that quite a few of them are owned in situations like Remington/Marlin etc conglomerates. We know how that's working out.

Even Amana is owned by an entity that owns Whirlpool and Maytag it seems, and they used to make some really good stuff. Now it seems all three brands are basically the same units with some different add ons. Shades of General Motors, where a Caddy is just a fancy Chevy now.

Someone mentioned Speed Queen. I'm thinking they'll be the go to for the next washer we get, a commercial model.

Now to make a decision. It just might be something from the Home Depot up the road 2 hrs or maybe I just order something from Costco and have the $$ go toward the yearly refund.

Thanks all.

We went through this same process last winter, and finally just said screw it and bought one from Lowe's. The name on the front of the thing doesn't seem to mean anything at all.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Not sure any of the current crop of appliances are trustworthy. I have an LG side by side fridge I bought new in 2007. Knock on wood it is still working. Every once in a while I have to thaw some crust in the ice machine dispenser, but it works. Since it is removable, that's easy to do. The LG water filters were a little more expensive than domestic filters but not long after I bought it, a cheaper replacement became available in Home Depot for it.

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
We have purchased 4 Kenmore freezers in the last 10 years or so.

No problems.

We only buy regular freezers though.....none of that frost free garbage.

I am MAGA.
Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bt8897
We just replaced ours with a Whirlpool. When I called our home appliance repairman ( a friend who lives just down the street from us) he recommended Whirlpool. His advice was to buy it from Lowes and get a less expensive model and get the 2 year extended warranty for $80. His opinion was all of them are pretty much crap now- 2-3 years of service should be expected. Buy cheap and add the warranty and we would be ahead of the game. We just replaced our washing machine which made it about 4 years, after our last one that lasted 20. When he came to look at it he said the parts would run about the same as the cost of replacing it - hence the advice of buying cheap and add the warranty - we would have gotten the parts or replacement for free.

He said he gets calls for repair with Whirlpool the least

Thanks bt8897,

After all my research, and all the comments here, I may just go along with the idea of buying an inexpensive model and add the extra 2 year warranty and hope for the best.

In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

No problems.

Damn right

Nobody wants their Eskimo pies taking like freezer burnt sweet corn and dashboard condoms

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Back in the 80s Kenmore was pretty dependable. But they have always been built to spec by whoever won the bid.

Back then, I remember three models of washers on the floor, each from a different manufacturer. Sears simply does not have that kind of purchasing power today, to guarantee quality contracts.

A couple of my kids have LG and are happy with them. We have brand new GE as does my son. I hate the water conservation features on the GE washer. Even on "deep fill", I will sometimes bucket 10 or 15 gallons of water in from the utility sink to make sure a load is fully submerged.

Avoid Samsung washer/dryer like the plague. My 3 kids each went through a set of Samsung in 2 to 3 years.

Maytag is no longer the cream of the crop like they were for 50 years, but they are okay.

I heard nothing but good things about the analog Speed Queens.But they have been digital, like every thing else, for a couple years. The jury is still out on the new ones.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

No problems.

Damn right

Nobody wants their Eskimo pies taking like freezer burnt sweet corn and dashboard condoms

According to Home Depot, there are no more manual defrost freezers.

I paid for a new freezer in late Feb. It might get here sometime in August.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
They have been saying for 10 years.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Still using the washer and dryer I bought 20 years a go. Maytag and they still work fine. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Best deal on refrigerators and freezers is at a police auction . Your frozen pizzas may smell like a meth lab for a while, and your kids may develop a few learning disabilities, but you can save some serious dough

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by auk1124
Best deal on refrigerators and freezers is at a police auction . Your frozen pizzas may smell like a meth lab for a while, and your kids may develop a few learning disabilities, but you can save some serious dough

Like buying that cool car with the white upholstery.....................that they confiscated after the shot the dude ......................except for the blood and brain matter stains that will never wash out?

No thanks.

In it is contentment

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 7mm_Loco, 13 invisible), 2,279 guests, and 796 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,662
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.