Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Yeah, I've been known to swap things around, too. I've got a Scout barrelled action in a synthetic stock, and the stainless American action in a walnut American stock right now. I've got four 455s, and it's kinda fun to swap the furniture around now and then. Since all the LR magazines are interchangeable with the 452s (I've got two of them) and the 512 autoloader, I can fool around with scads of magazines and whatnot. It's always something new, if you want it thataway. I did try the barrel swap thingy when I got my first 455, but it seemed like more of a PITA than it was worth.
The 455 can be a real fun way to spend money and keep yourself busy.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
My CZ455 has the synth stock now.
Just needs a trigger kit and its done.
While it may offer some experimentation/aftermarket..........once I get a rig set up the way I like, I leave it.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
It's still there.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
It's still there.....

I hear you can miss house payments due to Chinese lung funk.......

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
It's still there.....

[Linked Image from serishirts.com]

IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Get it.

You won't find more gun for the buck. That wood isn't pretty, but is pretty good for a stock.

I'd get it, reshape the stock to suit and paint.

This one is a 2500 CZ, an unusual CZ with 29" barrel. It has the same wood, looks better painted, IMO. This one has a Timney trigger.

It will almost shoot with my Cooper, which is saying something. Will outshoot a bunch of lesser .22's.

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 07/12/20.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
DF,

Do they still make those 29” versions?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by deflave
DF,

I don't think so.

It's hard to get a straight answer about that gun and how it came to be.

One version says they were built for a jobber who ended up not taking them, so CZ put them on the open market. A limited run for sure.

I got mine used at a gun show. It already had been painted red. I didn't like the red, painted it brown with Brownell's Alumahyde II, which is a really tough paint. Here it is, red and before the Timney. Careful inspection shows a slightly different trigger profile, CZ vs. Timney.

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
DF,

Looking over the cz-usa website, it looks like their longest barrels now, are 25.8" .

At one point, there was a 455 barrel that was 28.6" long, but that is no longer available, and not available as a barrel set, either.

CZ has a habit of stomping on their personal parts and discontinuing the better models for "something else" that is cheaper and easier to make. This is just another example of that tendency.

Last edited by ratsmacker; 07/13/20.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
DF,

Looking over the cz-usa website, it looks like their longest barrels now, are 25.8" .

At one point, there was a 455 barrel that was 28.6" long, but that is no longer available, and not available as a barrel set, either.

CZ has a habit of stomping on their personal parts and discontinuing the better models for "something else" that is cheaper and easier to make. This is just another example of that tendency.

I need to keep an eye out. I would like to have one.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Guy at shop got the deluxe walnut long bbl............think it was 28"
Says it's a hoot.

Now that my standard wears a synth I gotta get rid of the hump back beech stock collecting dust.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
DF,

They show up occasionally on the used market, but don't think there are a lot of them out there.

I got this one at a gun show, traded an air rifle for it. Dealer had several new in the box, had this one he had painted. The wood was so ugly on the new ones, I took the used, painted one. He had worked on the trigger, which was pretty good. Loony me had to go Timney, which is better.

This one has "2500" stamped on the barrel. Don't know if that was the model or series or what...

It is pretty unique.

DF

Edited to add this link.
https://gunblast.com/Paco_CZ452.htm

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 07/15/20.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
DF,

They show up occasionally on the used market, but don't think there are a lot of them out there.

I got this one at a gun show, traded an air rifle for it. Dealer had several new in the box, had this one he had painted. The wood was so ugly on the new ones, I took the used, painted one. He had worked on the trigger, which was pretty good. Loony me had to go Timney, which is better.

This one has "2500" stamped on the barrel. Don't know if that was the model or series or what...

It is pretty unique.

DF

Edited to add this link.

It's the Ultra Lux model, the regular "Lux" model has a 26" barrel, IIRC.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
DF,

It is pretty unique.

DF

Edited to add this link.

It's the Ultra Lux model, the regular "Lux" model has a 26" barrel, IIRC.

You think Paco Kelly is FOS?

I just reported what he was saying...

Maybe they still make these long barreled .22 rifles...

Maybe Flave can get one.

DF

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
There IS the 457 Jaguar, it has the longer 28.6" barrel, I'd forgotten about it. They are very rare stateside, so the barrels ARE out there, if you look hard enough.

If there's anything at all you can glean from the CZ forum on RFC, it's that's you "never say never" as CZ does what CZ wants to do, and then they can undo it on whatever whim they choose.

Last edited by ratsmacker; 07/16/20.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Well, someone finally snagged it. Went in this morning to get some fishing supplies and did my usual walk by of the gun counter and it's gone.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Well, someone finally snagged it. Went in this morning to get some fishing supplies and did my usual walk by of the gun counter and it's gone.

Don't expect to see another one any time soon...

DF

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I stopped by a local pawn shop last week, and he had three or four 455s still in stock, including the .22LR/.17HMR combo American, and one with a threaded heavy barrel in a fancy stock, and another in one of the Magnums (.22 or .17HMR). A threaded American in synthetic stock followed me home. After fooling with the little snubby Scout guns, I'm totally sold on the shorter barrels for my wants/needs. I have four (now five) of the 16.25" guns and they seem to shoot better than the longer guns, probably due to the stiffness of the barrels. They carry pretty good, too.

Attached Images

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I have a bone stock 455 Lux with a short barrel, and its an excellent shooter.
Add another check mark to the short barrel tally.

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

128 members (358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 21 invisible), 2,316 guests, and 919 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,648
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.