Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Female US Army soldier makes history by becoming the first woman to become a Green Beret

In a major achievement for women in the armed forces, a soldier became the US Army's first female Green Beret Thursday, US Army Special Operations Command announced.

The female National Guard soldier, whose name is being withheld due to mission security concerns for special operations troops, graduated from Army Special Forces training, received her Special Forces Tab, and donned her Green Beret at a socially distanced ceremony at Fort Bragg in North Carolina.

Commanding General for US Army Special Operations Command Lt. Gen. Fran Beaudette told the graduating class Thursday that "from here, you will go forward and join the storied formation of the Green Berets where you will do what you are trained to do: challenge assumptions, break down barriers, smash through stereotypes, innovate, and achieve the impossible."Â

"Thankfully," the general said, "after today, our Green Beret Men and Women will forever stand in the hearts of free people everywhere."

The soldier, a Special Forces engineer sergeant, first completed an initial 24-day screening program before heading into the yearlong Special Forces Qualification Course (Q Course), The New York Times, which first reported her graduation, reported Thursday.

She completed the final assessment, the culminating Robin Sage exercise that tests soldiers on skills essential to being a Green Beret, in mid-June.

The Pentagon opened all combat positions in the armed forces to women in late 2015.

"They'll be allowed to drive tanks, fire mortars and lead infantry soldiers into combat," Defense Secretary Ash Carter said at the time. "They'll be able to serve as Army Rangers and Green Berets, Navy SEALs, Marine Corps infantry, Air Force parajumpers, and everything else that was previously open only to men."

Since then, women have begun to fill previously restricted roles, the exception being the Special Forces. These elite troops wage unconventional warfare, and their training is especially demanding. Special Forces has been one of the few remaining all-male warfighting communities.

While the woman that graduated Thursday is the first to become a Green Beret, she is not the first woman to graduate from the training program.

In the early 1980s, a woman named Capt. Kate Wilder completed Special Forces training, but she was forced out at the last minute. The Army later sent her a graduation certificate after an investigation upheld her discrimination complaint and determined that she was wrongfully denied graduation.

But Wilder, who left the Army as a lieutenant colonel in 2003, never joined the Green Berets.

"It isn't important that I wear the hat," she told the AP after graduating. "I'm not at all hung up on a hat like a lot of the men are ... What matters is that I'm officially qualified."

A senior Army official previously told Military.com that the woman who graduated Thursday "excelled throughout the course and earned the respect of both her instructors and her peer group."

GB1

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I quit reading after I saw nasty guard

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco

[url=https://www.yahoo.com/news/female-us-army-soldier-makes-170021495.html]
A senior Army official previously told Military.com that the woman who graduated Thursday "excelled throughout the course and earned the respect of both her instructors and her peer group."

Bullshit. Did she pick up a man loaded out with his kit and carry him off the 'field of battle' in training???????

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Drop the standards enough, and anybody can be a Green Beret! Barry Sadler is rolling over in his grave.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

Bullshit. Did she pick up a man loaded out with his kit and carry him off the 'field of battle' in training???????

Define man?

Bb

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Sure would like to get a couple of her classmates drunk, and get the real story.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

Define man?

Bb

A wiry 5'6" Indian loaded out - that's still a heavy load.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ygtbsm

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by 79S
I quit reading after I saw nasty guard

Same.....

However no damn way she completed the course without reduced standards! Of course the instructors and peer group are going to say she did great to kiss up to the brass......ask them in private what they think Im sure you would get a different story.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Also never saw the sense of allowing "part time" guard soldiers into such training or MOS 's.....those are skill sets that need to be trained on alot more then a guard schedule allows to maintain the sharpness that the missions require, not to mention the added cohesiveness of a unit that is together 24/7 365 and training together often.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This was the byproduct of MG Sontag who got told to retire last year, thank god. He unilaterally changed the course to his liking. Once a student passed the initial selection, cadre were not allowed to drop anyone only recycle. There are legitimate reasons for recycles and reasons someone should not go forward if they cannot pass that phase of training. Some things a recycle will not cure. They changed the cadre system also and went from branches with an OIC and cadre onsite to a company system to give the officers a chance at commands. So the commanders are pushing company paperwork on main Fort Bragg (soon to be Fort Obama I am sure) instead of overseeing the instruction onsite. The standards are and have been for 45 lb ruck for 12 and 25 miles (cakewalk), which is way lighter than normally carried on teams. I have jumped in with 140 lb ruck and carried it for weeks. She will not make it on a team for sure. Just not physically able to hold up.

Katie Wilder got her Captain boyfriend at the Pentagon to cut DA orders to put her in the course without Special Warfare Centers approval. She failed numerous tasks and was kicked out and did not complete the course, but screamed sexism because at that time they allowed some males to graduate that should not have too. Which was another problem. A DA investigation gave her the beret. It did not help that an old school SF colonel or two told her what they thought of her that ended up in the investigation. When the Army wants more SF the Commanding General seeing another star, always wants to change the standards to make it easier to pass and that never works out. Plus with the constant deployments now and total Army BS guys are getting out left and right making big money as contractors (up to $2000 a day for 90 day deployments). Most medics go on to either PA or med school also.

Last edited by BountyHunter; 07/09/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by marktheshark
Also never saw the sense of allowing "part time" guard soldiers into such training or MOS 's.....those are skill sets that need to be trained on alot more then a guard schedule allows to maintain the sharpness that the missions require, not to mention the added cohesiveness of a unit that is together 24/7 365 and training together often.

Not all Guardsmen are part timers. Their is a sizable contingent of Active Guard/Reserve (AGR) members who provide continuity for their assigned units. They can range from admin support to cyber operators to fighter pilots and plumbers. They have all of the same pay and benefits as regular active duty troops.

Who is John Galt?
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by mrfudd
Originally Posted by marktheshark

Not all Guardsmen are part timers. Their is a sizable contingent of Active Guard/Reserve (AGR) members who provide continuity for their assigned units. They can range from admin support to cyber operators to fighter pilots and plumbers. They have all of the same pay and benefits as regular active duty troops.

Aware of that, however I was speaking in general terms, not this case in particular. Have known of several part timers sent to warfare schools that didnt make sense to me.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by BountyHunter
This was the byproduct of MG Sontag who got told to retire last year, thank god. He unilaterally changed the course to his liking. Once a student passed the initial selection, cadre were not allowed to drop anyone only recycle. There are legitimate reasons for recycles and reasons someone should not go forward if they cannot pass that phase of training. Some things a recycle will not cure. They changed the cadre system also and went from branches with an OIC and cadre onsite to a company system to give the officers a chance at commands. So the commanders are pushing company paperwork on main Fort Bragg (soon to be Fort Obama I am sure) instead of overseeing the instruction onsite. The standards are and have been for 45 lb ruck for 12 and 25 miles (cakewalk), which is way lighter than normally carried on teams. I have jumped in with 140 lb ruck and carried it for weeks. She will not make it on a team for sure. Just not physically able to hold up.

Katie Wilder got her Captain boyfriend at the Pentagon to cut DA orders to put her in the course without Special Warfare Centers approval. She failed numerous tasks and was kicked out and did not complete the course, but screamed sexism because at that time they allowed some males to graduate that should not have too. Which was another problem. A DA investigation gave her the beret. It did not help that an old school SF colonel or two told her what they thought of her that ended up in the investigation. When the Army wants more SF the Commanding General seeing another star, always wants to change the standards to make it easier to pass and that never works out. Plus with the constant deployments now and total Army BS guys are getting out left and right making big money as contractors (up to $2000 a day for 90 day deployments). Most medics go on to either PA or med school also.

Wow! Your info makes it even more BS!!!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
You get five Green Berets out in the bush on a 14 day mission, one is female. Young folks in great shape. By nature, horny.
Around 1 am the hormones kick in and somebody is going to be screwing somebody. It is human nature.

It is why we are alive. Young healthy people are driven to screw, even with people they don't really like. A 25 year old gal who has been banged previously by several guys wants it even more than the young man does.
The other 3 guys realize that the one guy is banging the gal, they get jealous. Very very bad vibes.

This is why females should not be sent out on these combat missions.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by BountyHunter

jfc. I figured she was aided by some cs political brass

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Not for lowering standards at all but this women has my highest respect.

We lost a good one.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-syria-was-torn-between-family-and-duty/

I have talked with some SF and they liked the idea of a woman being inserted covertly.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by SU35

We lost a good one.

I have talked with some SF and they liked the idea of a woman being inserted covertly.

The guys I know in SF don't want the standards lowered and don't want unqualified women inserted with them. Just more liabilities.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SU35

We lost a good one.

Oh for fugk sake.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Like ta see her do a 12 miler. Full battle rattle, basic load for assigned wpn system, and a 96hr ruck.
Give her a fughing SAW, spare barrel and 1200 rds.
Here ya go bytch, your assigned bytch, miss hardcore.......
And execute sqd and platoon live fire manuver ranges after it.

Like ta see her take on a 200 pd man in a worm pit doing combatives training and take a couple punches in the face.
Never happen.......

All total PC schit across the board in all combat arms fields.
So fughing glad I retired in 08.

Hopefully if she ever gets assigned to a team they will be able to peer her out.
Seen plenty of SF types during my time show back up in Infantry land after they got peered outta several teams.
" Rehab transfers"
More like turds with eyes.
Most times it aint knowledge or physical ability related.
Usually moral character or trust related stuff.
Every branch has their weasels.........

Or they will let her get her line time and hopefully she will never see any deployments during that timeline, and just go to staff afterwards somewhere, anywhere....

Put her up in a Battalion S shop where she can do the least amount of damage like any other toliet bowl flush.....

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"
The guys I know in SF don't want the standards lowered and don't want unqualified women inserted with them. Just more liabilities."

They guys I know don't either!

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

She'll be on a team for how long until she transfers out to another kind of duty? Any estimates?

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50
Like ta see her do a 12 miler. Full battle rattle, basic load for assigned wpn system, and a 96hr ruck.
Give her a fughing SAW, spare barrel and 1200 rds.
Here ya go bytch, your assigned bytch, miss hardcore.......
And execute sqd and platoon live fire manuver ranges after it.

Like ta see her take on a 200 pd man in a worm pit doing combatives training and take a couple punches in the face.
Never happen.......

All total PC schit across the board in all combat arms fields.
So fughing glad I retired in 08.

Hopefully if she ever gets assigned to a team they will be able to peer her out.
Seen plenty of SF types during my time show back up in Infantry land after they got peered outta several teams.
" Rehab transfers"
More like turds with eyes.
Most times it aint knowledge or physical ability related.
Usually moral character or trust related stuff.
Every branch has their weasels.........

Or they will let her get her line time and hopefully she will never see any deployments during that timeline, and just go to staff afterwards somewhere, anywhere....

Put her up in a Battalion S shop where she can do the least amount of damage like any other toliet bowl flush.....

I was on my SCO psd team. squadron commander (sco) anyhow they were mixture of 11B, 19D a mechanic, medic and me. They thought I was the biggest pog to land on 1-40 cav sqdn. So as a joke they gave me the para saw with extra barrel blah blah and I’m a SSG at the time. Hey I’m new guy I’m not saying chit, anyhow we are in ntc when this all went down. One day they wanted to do a movement on foot, OC’s were like cool. But all squad weapons will have the basic load oh yeah and you will take the 240B Fez was the 240 gunner full of piss and vinegar 11B. So basic load 240 800 rds if i remember right I have 3 drums in my assault pack drum on the 249. Then I think the basic load for the 240B was 1200 rds the AG carried the spare barrel and 1000rds. The 240 gunner lugged 200rds and he Jesus carried that 240B. So off we go, in full kit humping gd was it a hot day at ft Irwin in the middle of the desert. We get to our location where A troop was at. Man we all sat down the 11B kid fez said wtf were we thinking pouring sweat chugging water knowing we had to hump it back. Our CSM jumped in OC truck and split so our S3 SGM, SGM Million took control and directed us back. Point being it sucked big time ol
SGM Million had a smile on his face the whole time..

Last edited by 79S; 07/09/20.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by tjm10025

She'll be on a team for how long until she transfers out to another kind of duty? Any estimates?

Time on an ODA can vary, if the Team Sergeant thinks you don't fit in you can be sent down the hallway the day you arrive. Sometimes it's luck of the draw and you end up down at Commo detachment or up in S3 as your first assignment in Group which no real SF guy wants to happen.

Basically though you'll probably get 2-4 years on an ODA before having to do B-Team, staff or an instructor slot back at Bragg. If you piss the Team Sgt or SGM off it could be a lot less. That's when you end up doing some job like liasion down at Ft Polk for JRTC or something. People do get their tab revoked, but they generally have to stomp all over their crank for that to happen. I can think of 3 that I saw it happen too.

Ranger Regiment has it right in that regard, if someone messes up they can cut orders and send them down the road to the nearest infantry unit pretty much immediately.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Drop the standards enough, and anybody can be a Green Beret! Barry Sadler is rolling over in his grave.

It's the main reason the Mounties are having such a hard time these days. Drop the standards so your PC quota candidates can make it and the force suffers.

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dodgefan

Time on an ODA can vary, if the Team Sergeant thinks you don't fit in you can be sent down the hallway the day you arrive. Sometimes it's luck of the draw and you end up down at Commo detachment or up in S3 as your first assignment in Group which no real SF guy wants to happen.

Basically though you'll probably get 2-4 years on an ODA before having to do B-Team, staff or an instructor slot back at Bragg. If you piss the Team Sgt or SGM off it could be a lot less. That's when you end up doing some job like liasion down at Ft Polk for JRTC or something. People do get their tab revoked, but they generally have to stomp all over their crank for that to happen. I can think of 3 that I saw it happen too.

Ranger Regiment has it right in that regard, if someone messes up they can cut orders and send them down the road to the nearest infantry unit pretty much immediately.

Or banished to recruiting, we have a 18 series up herd world with 79R trying to recruit active duty for civil affairs, special forces, psyops

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 79S

Or banished to recruiting, we have a 18 series up herd world with 79R trying to recruit active duty for civil affairs, special forces, psyops

We had a SF E-7 Type in our company recruiting
Got banished to a one man station in Madawaska Maine.

Dude didnt get along with anyone.
Not a team player at all.
They intially assigned him to Augusta Station 6 man and station commander.

But he was able to put kids in boots in Madawaska.
Made E - 8 while in recruiting.
Kissed the ring became a 79R
Went to providence Company as a 1SG.

Every CMF and branch of the military has it's problem children.
You just gotta find places for em to go where they aint around peers, or soldiers and they do the least amount of damage.

The bad thing about is when they occupy a valid slot on your UMR
And cant get in another soldier in their place, cause said person is unoffically slotted elsewhere.

Rehab transfer schit.
CSM and LTC term.
Solid chapter types and incompentents.
Lots of sweeping under the rug stuff by higher.
I have actually gone and apoligized in advance to gaining 1sg,s informally about I tried to send schitbird down the road.
But BN and Bde think he is saveable and " rehab transfering" to you guys.
Sorry but I tried to send him to hometown usa and higher said no.

I hated that term.
Just say fugging toliet bowl flush/ pass the buck.....

Last edited by renegade50; 07/10/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The Green Berets are forever diminished.

Politics is War by Other Means
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I'm sorry, all I can think about here is that song by Prince, Raspberry Beret.

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A couple of years ago when a couple of females were trying to be the first through Ranger training the Army decreased the training for that entire class so they could make it through. That meant there were a number of Rangers going out that got an easier training regime than all the other Rangers. Both females washed out of the Rangers after they joined platoons because they no longer had the easy treatment. I wonder if the same thing may have happened here?

That is one thing I like about the Navy SEALs. They won't come out and say it is totally closed to females but they have said that females have to complete the exact same training as the men do. Every Navy SEAL has to pass several "performance drop tests" during the training and they don't know exactly when they will have to do them. They don't firmly schedule them, they just sort of fit it into the training cycle. One of the tests is a 14 mile open ocean swim. Another is 150 push-ups. Another one is 30 pull-ups, not chin-ups with the knuckles facing you, pull-ups and the pull-ups have to be straight up and down pulling the bar to the collarbone and going down to full extension. Every SEAL must complete these tests when given them and they only get one shot at it. There are some others too but those 3 will suffice for here. The world record for females for pull-ups is something like 24. Every man wearing a SEAL Trident can do 30 and no female will wear the Trident until they can do 30 as well.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MAC
A couple of years ago when a couple of females were trying to be the first through Ranger training the Army decreased the training for that entire class so they could make it through. That meant there were a number of Rangers going out that got an easier training regime than all the other Rangers. Both females washed out of the Rangers after they joined platoons because they no longer had the easy treatment. I wonder if the same thing may have happened here?

That is one thing I like about the Navy SEALs. They won't come out and say it is totally closed to females but they have said that females have to complete the exact same training as the men do. Every Navy SEAL has to pass several "performance drop tests" during the training and they don't know exactly when they will have to do them. They don't firmly schedule them, they just sort of fit it into the training cycle. One of the tests is a 14 mile open ocean swim. Another is 150 push-ups. Another one is 30 pull-ups, not chin-ups with the knuckles facing you, pull-ups and the pull-ups have to be straight up and down pulling the bar to the collarbone and going down to full extension. Every SEAL must complete these tests when given them and they only get one shot at it. There are some others too but those 3 will suffice for here. The world record for females for pull-ups is something like 24. Every man wearing a SEAL Trident can do 30 and no female will wear the Trident until they can do 30 as well.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bogus.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I know for 100% fact that the army surreptitiously tosses standards out the window in order to get females through training regimens traditionally designed for men. I know this because I’ve been involved in the training when it happened multiple times and was told to STFU and do what I was told or else when I complained to the COC.

Even when a bunch of us got together to complain about it, it never went anywhere and as a matter of fact there was always some write up or ceremony somewhere about how admirably the females had performed and how they had dome everything exactly as the males had or better, yada, yada.

It’s all bullschit. But somewhere they’ll be some homo like Sheroy to tell you differently even though they don’t have a fugging clue about what they’re talking about. When they want it to show something they’ll make it up and people will swallow it hook, line and sinker. That’s just how it is. I could bore you with firsthand accounts but for what? It won’t prove anything. The Schit is what it is...

Last edited by Dryfly24; 07/10/20.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Where the fugg is Jorge on this one?

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by MAC

None of those would have counted for the SEALs. They allow no swinging, no kicking and they must pull to the collerbone and return to a full dead hang. That's the record I am talking about.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
She has got to be in good shape. Nice flat tummy. Muscular ass.
She will probably make a good "horizontal warrior."

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
What is the Green Beret creed---many are called, few are chosen---
Remains to be seen

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys went to Green Beret training, and passed, and are qualified to comment?

Or are you mostly like the kids who play HALO and think they are "Master Chief?"

My experience is most of the bitchers-and-moaners are the ones who:

1. Never were in the military but they know a guy who knows a guy who is a Delta Force, Green Beret Navy SEAL sniper and he says women cant make it.
2. Didn't try for the school because they are not qualified, so how can a woman be qualified?
3. Applied but didn't get selected (see above)
4. Dropped out or didn't pass the school (see above).

Someone who was a Green Beret, please start a list just so I can tell who's offering insight, and who's whining?

I did not apply, nor did I go, but I was USAF. I didn't go Para-rescue (I did pass the physical and PT test) or Combat Control, either.

I'd bet there is a 100% chance she earned it, and a 0% chance they lowered the standards.

Last edited by David_Walter; 07/10/20.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys went to Green Beret training, and passed, and are qualified to comment?

Or are you mostly like the kids who play HALO and think they are "Master Chief?"

1. Never were in the military but they know a guy who knows a guy who is a Delta Force, Green Beret Navy SEAL sniper and he says women cant make it.
2. Didn't try for the school because they are not qualified, so how can a woman be qualified?

Someone who was a Green Beret, please start a list just so I can tell who's offering insight, and who's whining?

I did not apply, nor did I go, but I was USAF. I didn't go Para-rescue (I did pass the physical and PT test) or Combat Control, either.

I'd bet there is a 100% chance she earned it, and a 0% chance they lowered the standards.

Never served here, so discount me if you like. But since you are a self avowed SME, what do they do when Auntie Flo comes to visit when they are on a mission in deepest darkest wherever? Morbid curiosity on my part. Hatchet wound seems mighty susceptible to all kinds of infections in a humid environment to boot. Unless Uncle Sam pays for the shot that makes them not cycle, and sews the gash shut when out on missions.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seriously?

You want to disqualify 54% of the population because they have periods?

I rest my point.

John Stark.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Seriously?

I rest my point.

I want the person best qualified for the job. Period. You don't?

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Seriously?

I rest my point.

Do you want to disqualify (whatever it is)% of the population because they are morbidly obese? Or have learning disabilities? Or take your pic?

MAGA
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

LOL!!!!
I was just a lowlife light infantryman myself.

Belay man fugged me hard at dahlonega doing buddy repelling
(that means you have a guy on your back doing medevac stuff)
Belay man wasnt paying full attention, didnt brake me from the bottom soon enough on one of my bounds.
Lost some momentary grip tension with my brake hand .
They pair ya up buddy repelling with same size partner.
I was about 185ish with same size partner possum rigged on my back.

Into the rock face.....
Knee surgery...
No tab.
Never went back...

Witnessed 1st hand 24yrs of standards being lowered.
And not just for females.
Are you aware in the early to mid 90,s the army lowered standards for those under 27 on the PT test.
Due to studies showing they had between 10 to 20% less bone mass density or some schitt .

I could relate dozens of stories about standards being lowered and accomadations being made for #,s.

Dont even wanna talk about EO quota,s for promotion at DA level to E7 and above.

Oh ....
2 of my 3 daughters are officers in the Army.
One MI flying drones via sattelite uplink
The other a nurse.
Got her a med company command.
Married to a SF company commander in 10th group.

They both met when they was stationed at bragg.

He aint so bad being a Texan and all.

LOL!!!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
If looking for a person to blend in with the local population, should their race/sex/preferred pronoun not come into play?

Should all standards we washed away on the altar of vaginal discharge?

MAGA
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I've seen what passes for government reports of "facts" lately, I don't and won't believe it until she shows up, flashes her cooter, then goes on to perform the various feats that are required of Green Berets. "Woman" has become a very loose term lately, as have what qualify as "standards".

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Seriously?

I rest my point.

Do you want to disqualify (whatever it is)% of the population because they are morbidly obese? Or have learning disabilities? Or take your pic?

I'll note you also didn't address the issue of point of infection. The moist, wet, hole.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So,

I’ll just drop you onto the idiot list with Billy?

John Stark.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
So,

Women can do everything that men can do, huh, Dave?

BWAHAAAHAAAHAAAAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Summer camp 07 Ft lewis.
Cadet command
3 months of grading 6 2 hr sqd stx lanes a day 6 days aweek.
Cadets from over 210 colleges and mil academys (except west point)

Stop the "war" .
Adjust the schedule......

Little miss so and so has her period, a yeast infection and diarrhea.
The trifecta of being in the woods for 10 days and has 4 more days to go.
Dont worry they will just test her on sunday with the swim test and other tactical eval failures with the candyman graders .

Give a cadet male or female a U on a Stx eval lane.

You geussed it......they know they will get a S on sunday with the candymen graders.

We hated those graders with a passion.....
Fughing duds grading duds........

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
So,

Soooo you can't back up your position with anything but emotion. Roger that. I didn't sling insults, or speak ill. I made points that you either won't or can't refute. Fair enough. You think posting your name and rank is enough to carry an agenda without answering questions. You made yourself irrelevant.

Have a good evening.

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
" I know for 100% fact that the army surreptitiously tosses standards out the window in order to get females through training regimens traditionally designed for men. ... " .

So do a whole lot of police departments and sheriff's departments.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Stop the bleeding

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I know for 100% fact that the army surreptitiously tosses standards out the window in order to get females through training regimens traditionally designed for men. I know this because I’ve been involved in the training when it happened multiple times and was told to STFU and do what I was told or else when I complained to the COC.

Even when a bunch of us got together to complain about it, it never went anywhere and as a matter of fact there was always some write up or ceremony somewhere about how admirably the females had performed and how they had dome everything exactly as the males had or better, yada, yada.

It’s all bullschit. But somewhere they’ll be some homo like Sheroy to tell you differently even though they don’t have a fugging clue about what they’re talking about. When they want it to show something they’ll make it up and people will swallow it hook, line and sinker. That’s just how it is. I could bore you with firsthand accounts but for what? It won’t prove anything. The Schit is what it is...

Read any accounts of Airborne School from pre 1970 or so and they all agree it was a physically demanding course with a high failure rate. As of 2001 it wasn't even remotely close to tough physically.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
" I know for 100% fact that the army surreptitiously tosses standards out the window in order to get females through training regimens traditionally designed for men. ... " .

So do a whole lot of police departments and sheriff's departments.

L.W.

And Federal agencies.

But don't let facts get in the way of a good social justice crusade lol

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seriously?

I rest my point.

Why do you want a woman to take away a Man's job?? Women, except for nurses/clerks/doctors, have no place in the military.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
A moody biotch with a kill switch, phook that nonsense.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Billy goat,

That might have been extreme. I apologize.

Please explain how women survived in largely unsanitary conditions since the dawn of time?

Your reasoning would have seen them wiped out by infection in a generation or two?

John Stark.
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I never went through Green Beret training because I served in the USN. But I went through Expeditionary Warfare training in order to join the Riverines. It was held down in Camp Lejeune and most of the instructors were USMC so it wasn't exactly a walk in the park. What was your point again?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It was to ask how many of the people here listing reasons why a woman couldn’t be a Ranger were or are actually Rangers. As in,
Speaking from first hand experience vs. spouting off on something they have no first hand knowledge of.

John Stark.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
There is some chat over on a couple of forums that SOF guys hang out on that states her passing SFAS was ordered to happen. I know I've read multiple statements saying she was a 21 day non select who failed key portions of SFAS.

When I went to SFAS out of around 250-260 people 56 finished and 52 were selected. One kid who finished was a physical stud, but they thought he was too young so they told him to come back in a couple of years.

I know for me coming from a Cav unit all the ruck marching was murder on my feet. The infantry guys in general seemed to do pretty well. No matter who you were team week was a MFer.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
It was to ask how many of the people here listing reasons why a woman couldn’t be a Ranger were or are actually Rangers. As in,
Speaking from first hand experience vs. spouting off on something they have no first hand knowledge of.

What were you per the other thread I just BTT,d
Per your 40 yrs of service you said you had in it as of its 2015 timeline.

A cw4???
Cw5???
3 star???
4 star???
Surely not a E9 in your branch like the SGM of the army or other branches top enlisted guy.

Inquiring minds wanta know.
You made a reference in this thread you was AF.
Do they even have WO,s in the AF.

Seems to me congress and the senate have mandatory TIS limits for paygrades enlisted and officer wise.
Little something called end strength
With a few exceptions for certain specialties and positions.

Please tell us your background slightly more in depth.
Many of us have over the years on here done like wise.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../first-women-graduate-from-ranger-course

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MAC

None of those would have counted for the SEALs. They allow no swinging, no kicking and they must pull to the collerbone and return to a full dead hang. That's the record I am talking about.

Thanks for the info. I didn’t know you were a SEAL.

Who holds that record?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
In September 2015 the Marine Corps released a study comparing the performance of gender-integrated and male-only infantry units in simulated combat. The all-male teams greatly outperformed the integrated teams, whether on shooting, surmounting obstacles or evacuating casualties. Female Marines were injured at more than six times the rate of men during preliminary training—unsurprising, since men’s higher testosterone levels produce stronger bones and muscles. Even the fittest women (which the study participants were) must work at maximal physical capacity when carrying a 100-pound pack or repeatedly loading heavy shells into a cannon.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by viking
A moody biotch with a kill switch, phook that nonsense.

Hahaha. Tff.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I wasn't a Green Beret, or even a Navy SEAL.

I was a lowly Paramedic in central Georgia in the 1980s. One of the most conservative areas in America.
When I started in 1980 we were an all-male EMS. In 1985 we hired our first girl medic. Over the years we brought in a dozen girl medics, some part time some full time.
Half of these girls could not lift a stretcher. The average patient was considered to be 175 pounds. Stretcher weighed about 30 pounds. Half of the girls could not lift the stretcher with the average patient on board.

If you can't lift the stretcher, you are not a paramedic. You need to get a LPN degree and go work in the hospital. In there, when you get a heavy patient, you get four nurses, and maybe bring in a couple of big strong male orderlies, and you move the patient no big deal.
Several times, the medics were bringing the patient out of the house, the girl dropped the stretcher, and the guy had to reach over and grab the far rail, to keep the stretcher from falling to the ground, and the male medic injured his back and had to miss work for a month or two.

Nobody ever asked if the female was physically qualified to do the job. Nobody ever suggested that these weak-muscled girls should take weight training for six months or so, and then come back, and see if they could indeed lift the stretcher. The Feminists in Washington had declared that the female could do anything the male could do.
That was that. And this in a very conservative region.

I saw the standards dropped to accomodate females in the EMS profession, to the detriment of the good male medics, and to the detriment of the public.
It is not hard for me to imagine that standards would be dropped in the military, to accomodate females in the armed forces.

Let us not forget Kara Hultgreen, first female to fly an F 14 from a carrier. Just as good as any man, so said the Feminists in Washington. She did pretty well for a few months, until she crashed on a carrier landing and died.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kara_Hultgreen

Surprising to me that a guy can get on this forum and with a straight face assert that the female is equal to the man in such a rigorous task as being a Green Beret. We got a Feminist on board on the Campfire. Good God.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

A cw4???
Cw5???
3 star???
4 star???
Surely not a E9 in your branch like the SGM of the army or other branches top enlisted guy.

Seems to me congress and the senate have mandatory TIS limits for paygrades enlisted and officer wise.

He has a retirement thread where he listed his service. I'm sure you could find it with enough digging.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

Ill chime in then. No they couldn't pass the Ranger course. Even in jump school women that dropped out of runs weren't kicked out.

The obvious question is: Why are there 2 physical fitness standards and why do women have such low physical fitness standards in the military, law enforcement, firefighters if they are equal to men?

When they tried to integrate women in our group the women always dropped out of lengthy field exercises because of their flows or getting purposely knocked up before deployments overseas. Of course the males always had to pick up their work. . Half the women ended prostituting themselves out giving bj's for $50 and sex for $100. Really great for morale and combat readiness .

Last edited by ribka; 07/10/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One thing women do better than men with equal training is shooting.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 10at6

How many women compete on the military and LEO shooting teams, competitions and how many win those competitions?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

A cw4???
Cw5???
3 star???
4 star???

He has a retirement thread where he listed his service. I'm sure you could find it with enough digging.

Im eating dinner.
Dont really care.
Just poking the guy actually.

Never seen the physical strenght and endurance or sanitation differences male versus female. crazy

All just one great equal species.
Like in the animal world
Except for lions and big cats.
Them bytches got it going on....

Basically the 1000,s that cant hang . Dont make the one that MIGHT be able too speak for mass.

I think we all know that......

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Explain this one to me, David Walter, our resident Sociologist, and Feminist advocate.

On Sept. 11 2001, 343 firefighters were killed in New York City. Most of them were climbing the stairs of the World Trade Center.

How many were females?
Zero.

In a Lib city like New York, you know that even 19 years ago there were plenty of females on the Fire Department payroll. These gals were front and center on Payday, or when it was time to put on the pretty uniform and march in the St. Patrick's Day Parade.

But, when it was time to do the job, when it was time to put on 74 pounds of bunker gear and climb 101 flights of stairs, fighting through the smoke and the flames, with the idea they might have to go back down those stairs carrying a patient, the girls were not available for service.

I'm sure the New York firefighter girls looked pretty in their uniforms at all of those firefighter funerals.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Thats a myth cause of the urban legend softer heartbeat stuff related to russian female snipers in ww2.

I spent 3 yrs running small arms ranges on Fort campbell for all units on post after I retired.
Females are just as much as a soup sandwich as the males in their units with the same equal training.

Some non shooting mofo,s
Some average shooting mofo,s
Some fairly good shooting mofo,s

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Explain this one to me, David Walter, our resident Sociologist, and Feminist advocate.

On Sept. 11 2001, 343 firefighters were killed in New York City. Most of them were climbing the stairs of the World Trade Center.

How many were females?
Zero.

In a Lib city like New York, you know that even 19 years ago there were plenty of females on the Fire Department payroll. These gals were front and center on Payday, or when it was time to put on the pretty uniform and march in the St. Patrick's Day Parade.

But, when it was time to do the job, when it was time to put on 74 pounds of bunker gear and climb 101 flights of stairs, fighting through the smoke and the flames, with the idea they might have to go back down those stairs carrying a patient, the girls were not available for service.

I'm sure the New York firefighter girls looked pretty in their uniforms at all of those firefighter funerals.

Bammmmmm!!!!!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

A cw4???
Cw5???
3 star???
4 star???

Im eating dinner.
Dont really care.

Never seen the physical strenght and endurance or sanitation differences male versus female. crazy

Like in the animal world

Basically the 1000,s that cant hang . Dont make the one that MIGHT be able too speak for mass.

The only reason I remember it was because I thought it was funny he that listed IRR time as part of his service time. I got paid extra because of IRR time, but I don't count it toward time in the military.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Billy goat,

That might have been extreme. I apologize.

Please explain how women survived in largely unsanitary conditions since the dawn of time?

Your reasoning would have seen them wiped out by infection in a generation or two?

Fair enough.

Are these women we are putting in not only frontline, but spec ops units accustomed to living as a 3rd world click and whistler? Is the question whether they can survive, or accomplish a mission that takes more than surviving into account? Have they the training to counter the aforementioned obstacles? That raises the question, should extra training in re menstruation be integrated into the training curriculum? All the extra millions that it would take, lets let that factor in.

Is all it takes to fill one of these roles, the ability to survive without dying or is there more to it to accomplish the mission?

I'm giving you a LOT of leeway in not bringing into the discussion other issues, just focusing on physical abilities to perform.

You know damn well they cannot.

How about, let us let the standards as set by them that have done it stand.

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Actually the question was about Green Beret's to start.

Now you are saying Ranger. I realize both are elite units, but are the requirements the same?

You ask for bona fides, yet you haven't been either.

MAGA
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

A cw4???
Cw5???
3 star???
4 star???

Im eating dinner.
Dont really care.

Like in the animal world

The only reason I remember it was because I thought it was funny he that listed IRR time as part of his service time. I got paid extra because of IRR time, but I don't count it toward time in the military.

YGTBSM....

LOL!!!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
You have to cut him some slack I mean he was.

1. Air Force. A day without AC is roughing it.

2. An officer. NCO's mostly treat them like mushrooms.

3. Spent most of his time in the Reserve.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
You have to cut him some slack I mean he was.

1. Air Force. A day without AC is roughing it.

2. An officer. NCO's mostly treat them like mushrooms.

3. Spent most of his time in the Reserve.

Sounds like someone that might have got riffed out as a 2nd look cpt for major.
Dunno.. dont care.
Or maybe major for Ltc
Length of ad service and grade and date of discharge would tell a story.
Your average person wouldnt know stuff like that.

Plenty of it in the early and mid 90,s.
Officer and nco alike.
Stagnant non performer types mostly.
Some with discipline rcds and issues.
Joined a reserve or guard unit and made rank.
Figure head signature block authority......
Lots of positions in the guard and reserves with 0 troop command requirements and room for advancement.
Or the abilty to move into a position like that easily.
All depends on which tracks you choose or how you politic yourself.

Dealt with those types in APSU ROTC / 7th Bde/ Cadet command/ Ft lewis summer camp plenty of times....
Which Btw was my 1st constant exposure to females in the army.

They dont like it to be known they got riffed out of AD for being average or below average or whatever.

L

Just saying.........

Lol!!!!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Why do they think this is a good thing?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by reivertom

" Good" idea fairy,s up the food chain and
Public relations feel good fuzzy bunny slippers schit.....

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M

It's fashionable.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was enlisted from 1976 to April 1986, and an officer for the rest of the time.

I held three commands, including one in Iraq.

I retired as a Colonel, selected for Brig Gen, but retired instead at 59-1/2. For those who know how to use the US Senate search tool “Thomas,” you can find my selection to Brig Gen on December 21(?) 2016.

And it’s not hard to find, as I use my real name here, not some internet handle I could hide behind.

I was active duty until 1992, then Reserve or Guard for the balance.

Does that matter? If so, why?

John Stark.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This has what to do with modern SOF warfare?

Are the green berets climbing stairs to rescue people in burning towers?

What am I missing here?

How many were females?
Zero.

John Stark.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
More like, when only 1% of the population has the stones to volunteer, and the demographics make more than 50% of the available recruitment pool female, you’d better find a way to fight on with what you have, not what you wish you had, or what you have 50 years ago in ‘Nam when the force was mostly young men.

It’s not even close to that anymore.

You guys can gripe all you want, but the logistics of the modern force require some SOF to be female, and that’s not going to change in your lifetime.

The military has to find a way to make this work.

There’s no other choices.

Originally Posted by mathman

It's fashionable.

John Stark.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I was enlisted from 1976 to April 1986, and an officer for the rest of the time.

I retired as a Colonel, selected for Brig Gen, but retired instead at 59-1/2. For those who know how to use the US Senate search tool “Thomas,” you can find my selection to Brig Gen on December 21(?) 2016

Why you get out in 92?
4 yrs short of a 20 yr AD retirement.....
Riffed as a cpt after 6 yrs TIG?
1st rd of draw downs after desert storm?
Or did ya take the money and run early out options.
Dont seem like it coulda been that cause of double dipping issues.

Shoulda stayed AD huh????
Unless some pony was behind the cart pulling the wrong way for ya.

So basically your a cpt that got off AD at yr 15 16ish.
And made rank you woulda never have made on AD in the reserves.

I'm a dik...............

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
More like, when only 1% of the population has the stones to volunteer, and the demographics make more than 50% of the available recruitment pool female, you’d better find a way to fight in with what you have, not what you wish you had, or what you have 50 years ago in ‘Nam.

You guys can gripe all you want, but the logistics of the modern force require some SOF to be female, and that’s not going to change in your lifetime.

It's fashionable.

Why have SOF if there are no standards?

Over 90 per cent of female LEOs, soldiers and firefighters would be eliminated if held to the same standards. Onward communism and social engineering where the janitor, illiterate shop clerk is equal to the electrical engineers and thoracic surgeons

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
This has what to do with modern SOF warfare?

Are the green berets climbing stairs to rescue people in burning towers?

What am I missing here?

How many were females?
Zero.

Everything...
You are totally missing every fughing thing.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Renegade,

I’ll bet you were an E-6 who retired as an E-6 with 20. How far off am I?

RIBKA,

The point is not that SOF shouldn’t have standards. The point is that recognizing they have a much smaller male pool to draw from, they’d better figure out how to qualify and train female SOF. They have no way forward without them.

Different standards? Yeah, probably. All female SOF for specific missions? Works for the Kurds who field two batalions of women in the fight against ISIS, direct combat, and have a pretty impressive winning streak.

Again, DoD has to solve SOF recruitment using female volunteers. They have no choice.

John Stark.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Renegade,

RIBKA,

The point is not that SOF shouldn’t have standards. The point is that recognizing they have a much smaller male pool to draw from, they’d better figure out how to qualify and train female SOF. They have no way forward without them.

Different standards? Yeah, probably. All female SOF for specific missions? Works for the Kurds who field two battalions of women in the fight against ISIS, direct combat, and have a pretty impressive winning streak.

Again, DoD has to solve SOF recruitment using female volunteers. They have no choice.

DW,

The literature doesn't support your position. The Israelis experimented with all female units but their casualty rates were 60% higher then similar all male units.

As I recall, you were in the Air Force. In other words, you barely know what PT is, let alone a 90 pounds of gear.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Did you get one of those letters wantin ya for Delta Force?

And is it framed?

Just asking

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

I retired as a Colonel, selected for Brig Gen, but retired instead at 59-1/2. For those who know how to use the US Senate search tool “Thomas,” you can find my selection to Brig Gen on December 21(?) 2016

Why you get out in 92?
4 yrs short of a 20 yr AD retirement.....
Riffed as a cpt after 6 yrs TIG?
1st rd of draw downs after desert storm?
Or did ya take the money and run early out options.
Dont seem like it coulda been that cause of double dipping issues.

Shoulda stayed AD huh????
Unless some pony was behind the cart pulling the wrong way for ya.

So basically your a cpt that got off AD at yr 15 16ish.
And made rank you woulda never have made on AD in the reserves.

I'm a dik...............

Oh I just picked up on this.
Reserve or Guard for the balance.
Flip flop between fed and state promotion stuff.
Which one worked out better for ya????

Im a lowly retired E-7 busting your chops.
Captain.............

I'm a fugging dik..

And a fugging civilian nowadays.

Dealt with plenty like you my last 3 yrs.

Today LTC or COL figurehead has to come in and teach 1 class to your MS3 class SFC E. Because they need to get MUTA credit made up.
Go over your pony blanket before hand with them. And make sure they dont embarrass themselves in front of your cadets.
Have them do a power point class or something easy they cant vary on.

Next day class.....

All right ....
Put your fingers in your ears .
Yank em out fast to unfugg your minds from LTC zippy yesterday.
Get your schitt on ....
Get outside we are gonna crawl walk and run thru a delibrate assualt again for today, insted of schitt that dont count like COL airhead did with you yesterday on death by power point.

LMFOA!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sniper,

I don’t argue all of the failed experiments.

I just argue they HAVE to figure it out.

Female SOF is a necessary reality for the US.

Instead of throwing stones, we should be discussing how to make them successful.

Because it’s happening. And it’s not because of political correctness.

Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

The literature doesn't support your position. The Israelis experimented with all female units but their casualty rates were 60% higher then similar all male units.

As I recall, you were in the Air Force. In other words, you barely know what PT is, let alone a 90 pounds of gear.

John Stark.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

"probably different standards ?". All Female SF units defeating ISIS? lol

Why have any standards if females can't even meet the basic standards ?

Renegade,

RIBKA,

Different standards? Yeah, probably. All female SOF for specific missions? Works for the Kurds who field two batalions of women in the fight against ISIS, direct combat, and have a pretty impressive winning streak.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Renegade,

RIBKA,

Wrong zippy the female crusader

Made 7 in 11 stayed one for 13

Proof that getting a restricted fiche as a young e5 in 1986 in germany for beating the fugg outta 2 joes in my squad didnt do anything for E 8 for me.
But yet with that fiche entry in my rcd thruout the early 90,s drawdown .
I was untouchable cause of everything else in my performance and service rcd and my ncoers.

How about you " captain"

Why you leave the service in 92 with 15 16ish yrs total in.
and 6 of em tig as a officer.

You was a dud and got fugging riffed...
Thats why......
Sucks when people know schit from that era and can put peices of the puzzle together.

I,m a dik
Oh Btw....

Did ya get passed over for major 1st and 2nd look
From only 6 yrs as a O Im geussing 1st look and average to below average evals.

"Captain"....

LMFAO!!!!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
More like, when only 1% of the population has the stones to volunteer, and the demographics make more than 50% of the available recruitment pool female, you’d better find a way to fight on with what you have, not what you wish you had, or what you have 50 years ago in ‘Nam when the force was mostly young men.

Because of senior officers instead of standing up and saying this is stupid to changes that were bad for the military rolled over and showed their bellies.

There are zero reasons we need women in combat arms (excluding the SMU's who have an entirely different mision).

The military will be fine until we get into a real war with a near peer opponent. It will hit the fan then.

It's fashionable.

Last edited by dodgefan; 07/10/20.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Renegade,

RIBKA,

Oh
Just picked on this .

Such a short reply to me...
And none of what I posted even attempted to be replied too or explained or disproved somehow.

Truth fughing stings huh????

Totally fuging LMFAO!!!

" Captain".........

01 to 03 are Tig and Tis promotions.
When 03 go to 04 for Centralized promotions is when duds get weeded out.
Specially in the early to mid 90,s when the draw downs started up

Thank you very much for your service.
But you suck and you gotta go...

LMFAO!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, you have me there.

I was never one rank for longer than a few years.

13 years and no SMSgt or Chief?

You must be a rock star.

John Stark.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Daym

Renegade, have you seen the fruit salad on the back window of his F150 Ecoboost?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Well, you have me there.

I was never one rank for longer than a few years.

13 years and no SMSgt or Chief?

You must be a rock star.

Selective quoting shows you aint got no game.
Always happens when someone is getting bested.

Newsflash...
Every can read the entire post still.

Lmfao!!!
" Captain"

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Hahahaha!!!

Riffed fugging AF Captain in 1992

Dud........

I,m hitting nails on the head and driving em deep.
What prior service enlisted with 6 yrs tis also as an 0 would get out 4 or 5 yrs short of a 20 yr retirement in 1992.

A riffed one with no choice.

Tell us about the flip floping thang between the reserves/ fed and the guard/ state and the promotion room between either.
Especially for someone politicing with inside connections and info.

Making captain is like making E4 in the army by having the TIS and TIG on a C10 roster and never receiving a waiver to be promoted sooner that 24 or 26 months.
I have seen Captain as low as 26 months and high as 48 months in the army for the mandatory promotion every 1Lt gets. Unless you are a complete fuqk up....

I made e4 in 12 fugging months with 2 waviers.
E5 29 months
E6 58 months
E7 at 11.
Would been at 9.
But the 93 list got rescinded cause of failure to fill EO quota,s
Got yanked off that 1st list with a sequence # in the 400,s secondary zone.
Magically not on 2nd list in 93...
Made the 95 list primary zone sequence # 26.

Tell us about your shooting up thru the ranks.
Espeically your rapid enlisted rise in the AF.
lol!!!
Probably a e4......
E5 at the most and sucked at their promotion test......
Going nowhere.........
Slowly.........

Reserves and guard dont count for schit....
Dont wanna hear that story cause....

I already pretty well covered it didnt I ???

Your lack of response to any of what I have said.
Answers it all for itself.

"Captain"
LMFAO!!!

I'm a fugging dik and aint gonna stop.
Cause I'm having a fugging great time fughing with you.
And aint a fugging thing you can do about it.
Captain..........

Own it...
You got fugging riffed
And made rank you never would have on AD by joining reserve and guard components, then played the flip flop game between em for promotions.
Reading you like a cheap book .
Dont fret it man....
You aint the only turd with eyes officer to have gotten riffed in the early 90,s that played the game for rank afterwards.

Like I said in a post before.
These types dont like to let it be known they got a 10w combat boot in azz back then and a thank you for your service.

LMFAO!!!!
" Captain".....

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Daym

Renegade, have you seen the fruit salad on the back window of his F150 Ecoboost?

Dude is a feminist putz.

Probably got a huge " I love me " wall also.

Still cant change anything about being Riffed.

The shame of it....
TFF.

LMFAO!!!!

I'm a dik!!!!!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Asshat,

Officers meet the same federal promotion board whether active, Guard or reserve. There is no state promotion board for officers.

Verses “not promoted for 13 years then high year of tenured out.”

Last edited by David_Walter; 07/10/20.

John Stark.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Thank God you retired before becoming a Brigadier General, if in fact that was even a possibility, the last thing America needs is a mixed up emotional male in the Armed Forces.

Lt. Kate Hultgren is a sad example of the failure to recognize the inequality of men and women in such combat and strategic exercises. In a failed attempt to put a woman in a jet fighter, she was killed and crashed a $40M jet that had she been a male, she would have washed out of the air corps 7 times before that fatal day.

Justify that to all the people that don’t fly jets. I don’t have to eat a bowl rancid chicken guts to know I won’t like the taste anymore than I have to be a Green Beret to know women aren’t a man’s equal in the physical demands of the armed forces.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Asshat,

Officers meet the same federal promotion board whether active, Guard or reserve.

EXCEPT the guard zippy which goes from state nominee to the NGB in DC for check the block approval.
AD promotion selections do not compete with reserve or Guard slots.
Totally different criterias.
Nice try at a spin......

Hey Dud......
You got
Riffed......

And then played the flip flop game.

LMFAO!!!!

"Captain"

Oh PS
My station commanders wife when I was a recruiter was a full time MSG with the guard.
She was in charge of the States UMR in Augusta at the guard bureau .

We was alway picking her brain about the ins and outs about that stuff.

Going to bed Captain Riffedaoli.

See ya tommorow....
Toodles!!!!

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Whats going on here?

Too many acronyms.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Whats going on here?

Too many acronyms.

Military stuff Jim.

A few steps below Top Secret.

Takes some cipherin' it does.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It all means renegade50 was Not put in for a promotion in the Air Force for 13 years and so was the same rank for 13 years until they forced him to retire and he’s still mad about it.

Not a lot else.......

John Stark.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dang Green Berets are sissy’s until they meet the wizard

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I spent 13 months with the 5th SFG Airborne in RSVN.. They grabbed me in Cam Rahn and I did
not have all the training and qualifications to be a full fledged Green Beret..But they cut orders for me
to be with them. Went to jump school at Det B51 in Dong Ba Thin.

But, I did not ever find a service member who had even the least bit of interest in operating outside
the fence with female members on the team.
Are there a few really tough females? Yes, but they do not fit with Special Operations--At least from
my personal experience and knowledge. There is more to it than passing tests and having warm
fuzzy feelings.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
It all means renegade50 was Not put in for a promotion in the Air Force for 13 years and so was the same rank for 13 years until they forced him to retire and he’s still mad about it.

Not a lot else.......

Gawd your fugging stupid, and have a reading comprehension problem.
Or incredibly drunk trying to come up with something or anything to shut me down.
Aint happening Riffed boy..

I was a light infantryman in the Army dumbazz.
Laid out why I stayed a 7 .
Do it all over again too.

I retired a e7 with a billion yrs TIG.
Ohhhh.
That really cuts me deep.
LOL!!!

Sure as fugg didnt get Riffed out of the Air Force as a Captain with 6 yrs TIS as a O on top of prior enlisted service.
You shoulda stayed enlisted and retired at 20 as a AF E-5 maybe E-6 at the most.
But you probably sucked at their competitive testing for promotion to E-6.
You mighta been safe.........
And you was a REMF on top of it all as a enlisted and officer.
Fugg.... you wont even say what your fields/ jobs were.
Must be embarrassing????
Total feeling of inadequacy........
You musta really sucked and was a total fuqh up.

LMFAO!!!
" Captain" Riffedaroni.....

You have 0 counterpoints to anything I have said.
And that confirms it all.
Still ashamed of being riffed huh???
And after 16 yrs of you being on here.
Somebody has finally busted your chops in the manner it needed to be.
Talking about your rank and position in the guard and reserves.
Whooptefuggingdo........
Schitt you woulda never made on active duty cause you was a dud.
And a remf on top of it all.

Other proof of how fugging stupid and gullible you are:

I laid out basically the timeline of the RIF programs, layed out paygrades affected ,basic lenght of their service, how they was avg or below avg .
How they flocked to reserve or guard units after they got toliet bowl flushed from AD

How to put peices of the puzzle togerher to know the Paul Harvey rest of the story about their being Riffed out.
Something for the most part they wanna hide or never discuss

Then you come behind that post when I laid out schitt how to look for a Riffed types in response to another poster.

And bamm!!!

You fill in exactly what I said in my previous post to that person with all the right indicators about being riffed.
Are you that fugging aloof that you didnt even realize that you 100% confirmed what I laid out in that post I put up.

Hey how did it feel when you got the official notification you were getting Riffed with a end date???
That exact day the AirForce would give ya the final 10W combat boot in the Azz and send ya down the road in yr 15 16. 4 or 5 yrs short of a 20 yr retirement starting the 1st month afterwards.

Oh ...
My bad
It wasn't a combat boot in the azz you got that day.
It was a low quarter shoe that AF REMFS wear.
Is the imprint of it still on your azz???

I got you pegged...
You were a turd with eyes that got flushed in 92.
Own it.....

Then to top it all off .
Your from TriCities WA.
If that dont scream Liberal Socialist Democrat on its own, then I dont know what does.....

LMFAO!!!

"Captain" Riffedola.

Last edited by renegade50; 07/11/20.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
" Captain" RiffedgettiO,s
You aint gonna shut me down.
I enjoy peeling back the Onion layers on you.
And your nonresponse,s just confirm it all.

Go look at your " I love me wall"
At what could have been prior to being Riffed.( if you wasnt such a dud)
And at what was after it.
Tito will get you a tissue....

LMFAO!!!
"CAPTAIN".............

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
All these Captains made Major on active duty, even Dave.....
You didnt and got Riffed in 92.
The worst year of your life and everything crashing down around you.
But you made it and beyond in the reserves and guard playing that game.
Rank you would have never attained on AD.
Own it...
LMFAO!!!!
"Captain" Youhadtogocauseyousucked.....

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I wasn't a Green Beret, or even a Navy SEAL.

I was a lowly Paramedic in central Georgia in the 1980s. One of the most conservative areas in America.
When I started in 1980 we were an all-male EMS. In 1985 we hired our first girl medic. Over the years we brought in a dozen girl medics, some part time some full time.
Half of these girls could not lift a stretcher. The average patient was considered to be 175 pounds. Stretcher weighed about 30 pounds. Half of the girls could not lift the stretcher with the average patient on board.

If you can't lift the stretcher, you are not a paramedic. You need to get a LPN degree and go work in the hospital. In there, when you get a heavy patient, you get four nurses, and maybe bring in a couple of big strong male orderlies, and you move the patient no big deal.
Several times, the medics were bringing the patient out of the house, the girl dropped the stretcher, and the guy had to reach over and grab the far rail, to keep the stretcher from falling to the ground, and the male medic injured his back and had to miss work for a month or two.

Nobody ever asked if the female was physically qualified to do the job. Nobody ever suggested that these weak-muscled girls should take weight training for six months or so, and then come back, and see if they could indeed lift the stretcher. The Feminists in Washington had declared that the female could do anything the male could do.
That was that. And this in a very conservative region.

I saw the standards dropped to accomodate females in the EMS profession, to the detriment of the good male medics, and to the detriment of the public.
It is not hard for me to imagine that standards would be dropped in the military, to accomodate females in the armed forces.

Let us not forget Kara Hultgreen, first female to fly an F 14 from a carrier. Just as good as any man, so said the Feminists in Washington. She did pretty well for a few months, until she crashed on a carrier landing and died.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kara_Hultgreen

Surprising to me that a guy can get on this forum and with a straight face assert that the female is equal to the man in such a rigorous task as being a Green Beret. We got a Feminist on board on the Campfire. Good God.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Not in my experience.

Not even close.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

That's the opposite of what I've been told by recruiters.

Males joining infantry today are borderline rabid. They want every opportunity they can get.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
"Captain" Riffedadoodle,s idea of the female ultimate warrior....
SF is working on his consultant position equipment and uniform concepts currently.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Whats going on here?

Too many acronyms.

Riff

RIF

Reduction In Force

spend 10 years in the army, hoping to make 20 to get that full pensions and papers

One day you get a letter, says “dear captain schweinfurth.....”

Then, you can take your Boy Scout uniform and get 3 for 1 pokemon power stick-on medals with the guard

Kind of like seeing 16 year old ROTC ‘Jennifer’ at CICI Pizza graduation party with more medals than the Red Baron.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tito gimme a tissue....

lol

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Damn Ren. You woke up thinking about him! 😃

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Damn Ren. You woke up thinking about him! 😃

Said I wouldnt stop last night.
Tons of material...
Cant help it...
Schitt just flowing like a Cray 2 supercomputer.
Aint even scratched the surface.
Commissioning process aint even been touched......

LMFAO!!!!

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Any pics? Is she hot?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by viking
Any pics? Is she hot?

It,s being kept on the down low due to OPSEC.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sure there are exceptions but the undisputed fact is women soldiers are better suited to office jobs, pilots, being nurses, and Snipers...Period !

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 07/11/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

My son is in ROTC.
I told him to skip Army and go into a trade simply because of it's PC.

Which came first PC or poor recruitment numbers? I believe PC, but it doesn't matter. Low recruitment numbers feed off the perception that today's Army is no place for straight white men.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HitnRun

Thank God you retired before becoming a Brigadier General, if in fact that was even a possibility, the last thing America needs is a mixed up emotional male in the Armed Forces.
Unfortunately, the CO of Ft. Knox sounds *exactly* like him.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
So much fail - especially from Col, Schitbird on this thread. Females are better shots, We need them to volunteer because not enough men are doing it. They are just as capable of meeting the physical requirements as males.

I’m too lazy to go through even a fraction of some some of the bull Schitt I’ve seen from these “elite” Xena the Warrior Princess types” but let me just say a lot of it would’ve actually been grounds for court marshal had they been male soldiers. Instead they got ribbons and fancy ceremonies but whatever. Also to those that said Police departments, Sheriff’s Offices and fed agencies do it to, you are absolutely correct. Also spent the majority of my time as. Fed Leo, as a range instructor.

The comment that they are better shots than males is just plain out hilarious. Like anything else, there is an exception every now and then, but to say on average is laughable...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Last of the draftees in '72, lottery #38, no student deferments and drafted right out of college. I went to SF, started with 118 at Camp Mackall and graduated 18. I was a radio operator (morse code then) and went to OCS later on. Served on military freefall committee and instructor at Mackall running students thru and our final phase and Robin Sage exercise. We could bring a class in on the 12 miler in 2 hrs and 10 minutes normally. Students carried 45 lbs and instructors 60+ lbs. We always offered to trade rucks with any student. We normally only had one per class make that mistake. Getting thru the course is 90% mental (you have to want it more than anything in order to survice) and of course you have to be physically fit but most people "have a lot of quit in them" when it really gets tough and painful day after day. We used to have a "Quitters tent" with a stove, warm beds and real food, while we slept in snow and rain and ate C rats. Do not think that will mess with the head seeing and smelling that. I could normally pick out of a class the guys going to make it and the ones that would quit within 48 hours.

Spent time on teams as enlisted and Team Leader and instructor numerous times and deputy for doctrine and training division at SWC. That is how I know how Sontag butchered the Q course. I was around at the end of the Katie Wilder episode and it was hot topic what really went on. I knew all the guys who started Delta and have a son in law there now and one in MARSOC.

She will never serve deployed real world on a team is my bet.

Now just to antagonize the Rangers, I gained 17 lbs in ranger school and it was piece of cake compared to SF training then. It was a winter class, we had to eat 3 meals a day in garrison and all high carb. Mountain phase longest patrol is only 4 days, but snow and sleet. I completed the land nav course once never leaving the bleachers except to turn in my card. They had beaten paths to the land nav points and by the time I went thru OCS, Inf basic I and memorized the point numbers and locations as I had ran it so many times . Instructors went crazy when I did that. Our class in Jan 77 lost 2 dead in Florida due to hypothermia and 28 in the hospital. That was the second time that happened. Happened 3rd time in 94 and Congress finally had to pass a law to tell the Ranger Committee how to run the swamps in winter without killing people. Rangers are hard but slooowww to learn not to be stupid. smile

Last edited by BountyHunter; 07/12/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ribka

How many women compete on the military and LEO shooting teams, competitions and how many win those competitions?

A bunch and several National champs.. this is not gal comp stuff. I think Michelle Gallager holds the NMC record at Perry for XTC .. best agg score in near 100 years of comp.AMU shooter.
LEO comp makes me laugh
But then again I get to compete with them

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And was not talking of training Fat mall cops. I was speaking of National level shooters.
And position shooters not bench rest BS

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Lets see a career Army Infantry E-7(renegade) vs a mostly Guard/Reserve Air Force O-whatever(DW). Gee, I wonder who has the more accurate, realistic, combat boots on the ground view on this topic? LMAO

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 71 invisible), 2,653 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,932
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.