Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by renegade50
Using a approx 1 moa base for dimensions
Handjamming one up.

Try something like this with a bold cross hair.
Zero at high magnification.
Then shoot it on low mag.
You might be really surprised at group size shrinking versus a busy sensory overload target in ranges of your power setting.

Lots of targets have too many colors and are busy as heck with all the "features" on em espeically on higher magnification.

Send a vision image to the brain that is simple for it to define versus it having to process alot of blended stuff from a busy target.

And ya also save money not buying sensory overloaded targets.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

This............

I made this one, works well, feel free to 'steal' it and use it.......

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
GB1

JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Same money you could have bought a Christensen Mesa in 6.5 and it will outshoot it and it comes with a trigger tech trigger.

I could have bought a lot of stuff for the same money, but didn't. I bought what I wanted, and that's they way it's supposed to work. Right?

Should have known better then tell someone how to spend their money. Apology extended.

Originally Posted by JamesJr
Same money you could have bought a Christensen Mesa in 6.5 and it will outshoot it and it comes with a trigger tech trigger.

I could have bought a lot of stuff for the same money, but didn't. I bought what I wanted, and that's they way it's supposed to work. Right?

Should have known better then tell someone how to spend their money. Apology extended.

No apology needed. Just knew what I wanted and used the profit from some other sales to get it. We good.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I had hoped the NRA would of followed up this year with a 24 inch 6.5 PRC version of that rifle. I despise Remington with a passion, but I'd buy that model.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by Lee_Woiteshek
I had hoped the NRA would of followed up this year with a 24 inch 6.5 PRC version of that rifle. I despise Remington with a passion, but I'd buy that model.

You either love Remingtons or hate 'em. I generally love them. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer a pre 64 Model 70 any day. but prefer the price of a 721-722-725-700 Remington. I' ve got 3 700s in the safe right now, one .30-06 SPS, one .22-250 ADL Synthetic, and one .243 ADL Synthetic. The X Mark Pro triggers are a real POS out of the box but they are somewhat salvageable. All mine are accurate and are serviceable hunters. I also have a vintage Model 721 in .30-06 that I haven't even shot yet. They're all good rifles. Like I say, out of the box the newer rifles are not my cup of tea, but if you get one cheap enough you can work with them and make them good shooters. I've never had one that wouldn't shoot with a little fine tuning.

Last edited by Filaman; 07/08/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Triggertech has added a Model Seven trigger to their line. Put one in that rifle.

-JW
IC B2

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I just accept that a 700 needs a little work to reach it's best. I agree, the new factory triggers aren't worth fooling with, and just for over the money for a Timney. Lots of good trigger options now, but I do like the Timneys a lot. Combine that with a good bedding job, insure the barrel is free floated in a good stock, and you generally have an accurate rifle. John Barsness, who has a lot of experience shooting different rifles, said a tuned 700 generally shoots very close with most custom rifles. I agree, I own 5 currently, and have many others in the past. 1" or better at 100yds is the norm.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I don’t care for Remington quality of late, but the 2 old M700’s I have shoot sub moa with the right ammo. But then again, so do all 4 of my Weatherby's....

Congratulations on a very nice rig. Enjoy!

Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have one semi-custom M700 in my safe. It has a Triggertech trigger which I think is the best replacement trigger I have ever owned. They cost a little more than a Timney, but are worth the extra cost. You might consider one when ready to replace in your nice rifle. That rifle deserves a good trigger!

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Nice rifle. You will like it.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
They're over priced. Guess Remington is trying to make some dollars after their bankruptcy. You know things are bad when they're trying to sell the business to the Navajo Nation. I wonder how many blankets they'll get. But, I do have a Model 700. After replacing the trigger (worst part about Remingtons)) with a timney, it's a real tack driver. I do, however, favor their two stage safety over my Winchester Model 70's three stage saftey.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 007FJ, 63 invisible), 2,448 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,544
Posts18,453,358
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.